Lost Odyssey was STOLEN in the mail

Simon D I

CAGiversary!
DAMNIT!!!!!!

I've been waiting for LOSt ODYSSEY in the mail from GAMEFLY, and I got the envelope today, only to find it completely empty, except for the sorrow which it brought upon my evening.

It is time to find out if one of two (both sucky) scenarios happened.

Either someone jacked it from my MAILBOX, in which case, I will take this personally...

Or some moron at the Post Office Jacked it.

Either way,...it's time to pull out the BIG ASS CHAIIIINNNNSSS and whoop some ass!

I may need to recruit the Illinois Chapter of CAGS to help me retaliate against the Mail-Jackers!

Hmm how does that work with Gamefly? I've never got multiple disc games from them, do they send all the discs at once? That would be nuts.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hmm how does that work with Gamefly? I've never got multiple disc games from them, do they send all the discs at once? That would be nuts.[/quote]
The description says that though it has four discs, it counts as one game, so I'm guessing that they bite the bullet on shipping and ship them all out in one mailer.

OP, you should email them ASAP and let them know that you got the mailer, but that the game wasn't inside.

http://gamefly.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/gamefly.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Gamefly wont charge you for this, but they may cancel your account. That is what happened to me after four games disappeared over a 6 month period.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hmm how does that work with Gamefly? I've never got multiple disc games from them, do they send all the discs at once? That would be nuts.[/quote]

I'll find out when I get my Blue Dragon tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how it comes because the just started adding the cardboard sleeves in their mailers. I don't think three discs and the cardboard sleeve will fit in their normal envelopes.

it happens from time to time discs get seperated from the address label in the sorting facilitys from various Blockbuster, Netflix, and Gamefly envelopes...i have personally come across about 5-6 diff times where all i recieve in the mail is the address part...of course i have to deliver them and it is up to the customer to complain about it in which case the company should be cooperative

[quote name='DCriminal']Gamefly wont charge you for this, but they may cancel your account. That is what happened to me after four games disappeared over a 6 month period.[/QUOTE]
Great. Now the scammers are salivating. :shame:

Good to know though.

Yea people do this all the time claiming they don't get the disks. :roll:

Last summer in my 3 month time in being with Gamefly they managed to lose Viva Pinata in the mail. Took em 2 weeks to get a replacement to me.

I think GameFly excuses a few lost games but if you report too many and it only seems to be in your area, they kill your account. But if they get notices from multiple people, they ask the USPS to investiage.

I remember reading about how some USPS worker was caught this way with like a 1000 DVDs from Netflix.

[quote name='Vinny']...

I remember reading about how some USPS worker was caught this way with like a 1000 DVDs from Netflix.[/quote]

http://www.local6.com/news/13612024/detail.html?rss=orlpn&psp=irresistible

I've had the post office lose one game (almost two, but that was a theif/idiot who I got it back from eventually). Gamefly usually gives you three to four lost games (I don't think it would be discs since it's still $60) until they cancel your account. I keep track of when I dropped off the game and where I dropped it off, just to be sure I have proof/backup if they question it. Good luck!

Damn, that sucks. I guess it really is a LOST Odyssey. Wah wah wah waaaaah....

hahahaha, hell yeah, dude! Shit!

Well,...I emailed them and all that... so I guess I'll be fine, especially since I haven't had this problem before!

But for the scammers out there,...it's probably real easy to just steal four games and get away with it. But that's very very very very bad! So DON'T DO IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT, KIDS!!!!!

Thanks for the support, CAGs, in this time of sorrow :(

[quote name='aen']another reason why I don't do mail renting services for movies/games[/QUOTE]

no doing mail renting is awesome.. something like this "rarely" happens

ive had to get replacement discs before because they were damaged in the mail.. kinda flustrating but a reality when you choose to rent this way.. BTW I've had damaged discs from the B&M places I've shopped at before too so its nothing new.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Great. Now the scammers are salivating. :shame:

Good to know though.[/QUOTE]

It's a reasonable compromise - subscribers wouldn't want to/shouldn't pay for what's lost, and their policy is stringent enough that nobody can *really* take advantage of it.

I had a package from Gamefly stolen in the mail awhile back as well. The only time I ever ordered a game from them. They gave me my money back but I wouldn't order from them again. This happens to a lot of people so I'm assuming it was shipped in some sort of box that said GAMEFLY in big letters on it (making it ever so easy to tell what's inside.)

[quote name='Jeoff']I had a package from Gamefly stolen in the mail awhile back as well. The only time I ever ordered a game from them. They gave me my money back but I wouldn't order from them again. This happens to a lot of people so I'm assuming it was shipped in some sort of box that said GAMEFLY in big letters on it (making it ever so easy to tell what's inside.)[/QUOTE]

same can be said for Amazon.. it comes in an amazon box that is clear to tell that it is probably something of worth inside.

bread's done
Back