Lost Planet 2 25.00/29.97 (360, PS3)- Amazon

LP2 is STILL to expensive at $30. I played through half of the single player campaign before I got tired of its disjointed pace and repetitive missions. They did almost nothing to improve on the first game which is miles better.

[quote name='sk8erpinoy']If only LP2 was $20...meh.[/QUOTE]

You can get it for $20, I don't know if every one gets this. I just received a game magazine from Best Buy. There is a $20 off coupon inside. The game is currently going for $39.99, so it would come down to $19.99. Also it's an in store coupon.

If no bb near you.

TRU HAS 30 percent off clearance games. 35 buck minus 30 percent is 23.50.

For anyone who wants it. Personally, I bought LP1 used at 5 bucks. And I think that's all what it worth.

Not having Lee Byung-Hun is deal breaker

[quote name='Sway']360 version of LP2 is down to $25 fulfilled by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Actually...

Lost Planet 2 was down to $23 just yesterday from that same seller fulfilled by Amazon.

IMHO, not worth it.

This is how BAD the game is:

Gamespot:
Lost Planet 2 low sales causes Capcom to drop profit of 41%

Played it. Single campaign has no checkpoints, saves only when you complete all mission and all sub-chapters, meaning if you've played through the near the end of level, passing all of the sub-chapters which took you about 30 mins to do, but you didn't notice to hear that faint ticking of a grenade 5 feet away from your character, resulting in dying a measly cheap death... guess what? You start back from the beginning.

Plus AI is unresponsive as a brick, etc. Pretty graphics though.

Maybe around $15 for a good pick-up.

I picked it a couple of weeks back, got it used for $19 and have enjoyed it. It hasn't improved much over the first title, but the heavy multi-player and co-op focus is fun, WHEN/IF you are joined by good people. You can always trade it in at Amazon, last time I checked trade in value was about $23.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Actually...

Lost Planet 2 was down to $23 just yesterday from that same seller fulfilled by Amazon.

IMHO, not worth it.

Gamespot: Lost Planet 2 low sales causes Capcom to drop profit of 41%

Played it. Single campaign has no checkpoints, saves only when you complete all mission and all sub-chapters, meaning if you've played through the near the end of level, passing all of the sub-chapters which took you about 30 mins to do, but you didn't notice to hear that faint ticking of a grenade 5 feet away from your character, resulting in dying a measly cheap death... guess what? You start back from the beginning.

Maybe around $15 for a good pick-up.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Not worth it in my book.

Single player campaign may cause you unnecessary headaches.

Can you say $15 by Black Friday?

Coz that's where it's headed a month from now.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Actually...

IMHO, not worth it.

Gamespot:
Lost Planet 2 low sales causes Capcom to drop profit of 41%

Maybe around $15 for a good pick-up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up on a sucky game. I hate it when developers do that, doesn't make sense not to have reasonable save points. Developers make a game harder to make up for less content, hence making a 2 hour game into a 5 hour game. Sorry, those days of Splinter Cell 1, die, retry, die, retry, die, retry. That's also a big reason I'm not buying Demon's Soul. I rather play games that are less frustrating.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']...SNIP...Played it. Single campaign has no checkpoints, saves only when you complete all mission and all sub-chapters, meaning if you've played through the near the end of level, passing all of the sub-chapters which took you about 30 mins to do, but you didn't notice to hear that faint ticking of a grenade 5 feet away from your character, resulting in dying a measly cheap death... guess what? You start back from the beginning. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Capcom just lost a sale from me. I HATE games that have crappy save points. It's not an issue of difficulty, it's an issue of how I want to spend my time. Being forced to play all the way through a lengthy level just so I can save makes the game feel like a chore, like I'm doing busy work, rather than having fun.

A boring, co-op focused game that didn't fix any of LP1's problems, that added a bunch of new problems, and isn't fun in SP OR co-op. Just a mess all around. I got for $20 at Newegg during that sale and felt so ripped off.

I was psyched for this game, then saw the crappy reviews ... so I backed off til the price dropped.

I got it via trade a few months ago and the only quirks I have with it, are that the sub-chapters can be very short at times. You'll take forever to load into a sub-chapter, and within 5 minutes it's over, loading the next sub-chapter which could either be another 5 minute one, or an actual "full length" one.

The gameplay is still really good, I enjoyed the game overall... the sub-chapter thing just irks me about games. But then again, it IS Capcom.

bread's done
Back