Lost Planet 3 - $30 Xbox 360 & PS3 @ play-asia (Free Shipping)

this is a really bad time for releasing games though. in between GTA & Next Gen :)

needs lots of marketing. but honestly I didn't know this game was released. I knew it was coming but had no idea. 

why are play asia's prices so low? it says it's the usa version.. does it come just like it would come at a store in the usa? Is the cover in chinese?

I'm playing this game right now. Since I bet everyone above that bashed this game hasn't actually played it, I'll give my two cents.

The game is ok, but does nothing new. Nothing. Its just a basic 3rd person shooter. Doesn't play exactly like old LP games. It ok, once you get going, it gets fun to shot the bugs on their glowing weak spots. The mech is fun, but confusing to control accurately. The best thing is the story. Its actually very good and moving, at least through the first hours. Haven't finished it.

At $30, 99% of you will hate it, cause we are cheap asses and its not AAA quality. Its a game you can hold on for $10-20 range, or dont need to play it ever and you wont miss anything that a YouTube video of the story wouldn't give you. But its not as horrible as many other games, just because it wasn't advertised. Game was never gonna sell anyway.

My advise, dont buy it. Its nothing you need to play. But its not a horrible broken thing, its just mediocre with a good story, but even thats not enough to get it. Save the $ for a next gen system/game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing this game right now. Since I bet everyone above that bashed this game hasn't actually played it, I'll give my two cents.

The game is ok, but does nothing new. Nothing. Its just a basic 3rd person shooter. Doesn't play exactly like old LP games. It ok, once you get going, it gets fun to shot the bugs on their glowing weak spots. The mech is fun, but confusing to control accurately. The best thing is the story. Its actually very good and moving, at least through the first hours. Haven't finished it.

At $30, 99% of you will hate it, cause we are cheap asses and its not AAA quality. Its a game you can hold on for $10-20 range, or dont need to play it ever and you wont miss anything that a YouTube video of the story wouldn't give you. But its not as horrible as many other games, just because it wasn't advertised. Game was never gonna sell anyway.

My advise, dont buy it. Its nothing you need to play. But its not a horrible broken thing, its just mediocre with a good story, but even thats not enough to get it. Save the $ for a next gen system/game.
The story starts off well, but the ending is pretty poor. It's also open ended and will never be continued (unless you think LP4 will be made).

Also keep in mind that it is nothing like Lost Planet 2 and has a different focus than 1. It's another game that is really trying more to cash in on the title than anything else.

I didn't realize it was out already either.  No coop makes me a sad panda. Wife will be disappointed, she liked the coop from LP2.

Why'd they bother making another installment in this series? I can't imagine the last game was very successful (not to mention it plain sucked). The first game was decent, but I think it was only moderately popular due to being released when there wasn't a solid Xbox 360 library yet (plus hype).

Last edited:
Why'd they bother making another installment in this series? I can't imagine the last game was very successful (not to mention it plain sucked). The first game was decent, but I think it was only moderately popular due to being released when there wasn't a solid Xbox 360 library yet (plus hype).
LP 2 was a greatest hits title in Japan.

I think I'll wait for $10-15.  In the meantime those in need of bug killing goodness just go get the new EDF (EDF IV) game and call it a day it's import friendly and supposedly the domestic release is coming soon.

bread's done
Back