Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Gen Discussion & Info

Just tried the demo for a bit and it has rumble.

Are a lot of people planning on playing this multiplayer? I don't see it lasting as long as games like Warhawk or CoD4, but it would be a nice complement to the main game.

[quote name='Surferflames']I need to put some more time into it, but it's a solid port so far. There does appear to be a framerate issue. I'm not sure if it's just because of all the CoD4 I've been playing, but the game seems like it's skipping frames. Regardless, the single player still looks fantastic.

Anyone know if rumble is coded in? It makes a huge difference in LP.[/QUOTE]Some told me the PS3 version had a better framerate at times, but occasional there's some slowdown, but that came from a forum.
[quote name='metaly']Just tried the demo for a bit and it has rumble.

Are a lot of people planning on playing this multiplayer? I don't see it lasting as long as games like Warhawk or CoD4, but it would be a nice complement to the main game.[/QUOTE]Yeah, a friend of mine who picked it up said it supports his DS3.

[quote name='Blackout542']Would it be better to pick up a 360 version? It seems like it would be a lot cheaper and not as bad.[/QUOTE]The way I look at is if you don't have XBL Gold kind of like me, PS3 version is the one to buy since I can play online (and I

Wow, I just got this off Goozex and really like the game.. its one boss battle after another and moves pretty quickly. Reminds me of The Thing initially, maybe mixed with Metal Gear.

I like it and am unsure why it took such a beating in the reviews. Though genreally an unpolished port gets that type of treatment and for a fair reason I suppose.

That's pretty tempting, but I'm holding out for the Colonies edition. I want that RE4 camera! Free multiplayer would be nice, but I'm more interested in the single player anyway.

By the way, if anyone wants the Bradygames guide for this game, I've got a copy I'm giving away for $5 shipped. It's for the 360 version, but I imagine it works fine for PS3.

Yeah, it's probably not a great sign for the community when the thread goes dark for more than a month right after release.

If you end up getting Colonies, I'll use some of my Live trial codes and we can 1-on-1 duel in funny hats. :twoguns:

[quote name='Squall835']I just bought this yesterday with the 25% off coupon at GS. Haven't given it a try yet, but I loved the demo.[/QUOTE]I was going to buy it for the same price, but didn't get a chance to stop by a GS which had it. I'll consider it all week though.

Have you had the chance to play it yet Squall? I'm very close to just getting it towards the end of next week, but we'll see. I may have to try the demo again (if it's still up).

It's the same problems the 360 ver had, but with shitty framerate. It's not normal framerate slowdown issues either, it's almost like they cut a handful out every time you pan the camera(IE, aim.)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Have you had the chance to play it yet Squall? I'm very close to just getting it towards the end of next week, but we'll see. I may have to try the demo again (if it's still up).[/quote]

I played the intro last night and wasn't impressed. Like someone else said, it seems like the game is missing frames. I wouldn't call it slowdown, because the game wasn't running slowly, but something seemed off. I'm going to dig into it a bit further this week and see if I like it or not. If not, back to GS it goes. I'll keep you updated.

How well did this game sell? I wonder if Colonies will be ported to PS3? I went back to the 360 version because I heard you will be able to transfer your save over to Colonies. I'm gonna be pissed of I abandoned the PS3 version for nothing.

Look what happened while I was playing the other day:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuBlLRedJew[/media]
http://vimeo.com/918048 (better quality video here)

Grenade disk stuck to my head:
g2th-1.png

OUCH!
LPECG2TH.gif

It's still varies in the U.S. how much it is, from $25-$40. I plan to get it for sure one day, just waiting around for the right place. I know a few CAGs who own it on my buddy list.

I wish this was compatible with the Colonies edition or I'd play with you guys. Also I don't think original 360 saves transfer to Colonies.

Nah, I have for 360 and I doubt it'll ever be on PS3. That's too bad because akrid hunter is pretty fun but there's nobody playing online anymore. I only got to play one round. :cold:

And whoops, didn't realize ksc's post was from a year ago.

[quote name='shadowrep']I really cant see why they just dont release the colonies expanision as DLC on PSN or something...[/QUOTE]They should, but I doubt they care (Capcom I mean).

My local Best Buy ended up having it on sale about a month ago for 9.99 (store-specific clearance) and I picked up the last copy. Haven't had a chance to play it yet with lack of time/backlog but this thread reminded me I need to get around to it sometime.

yeah i got a backlog of like 20-23 games atm but i have to say screw em, im enjoying Lost Planet to much atm xD LOL and i still gotta play Persona 3:FES!

Got it during the Best Buy $10 sale (only game I picked up).

* Based on 2 hours of singleplayer and 3 matches of online. *

+ Best shadow system I've seen (helps when the white foreground isn't demanding).
- What a rushed story full of awkward pauses. Hate that they brought over the JRPG characters into a shooter, everyone must look trendy and jump around like little tards. Calling an Asian "Wayne", ughh... spoil it for me, I won't care what happens.
= I can understand the Vampire-tastic "gimmick" of the energy; wouldn't want it in another game by any means.
- Cheap boss battles. Getting knocked down over and over (particularly that "pink Mech" battle).
- Ugly menu navigation. Ugly HUD. Clunky online (1 match and the server drops).
- Lazy reload animation. Weapons hover with yellow borders. 90* quick turns. Horrible control scheme.
- 5 GB INSTALL?!

Not as much of a deal as I thought it would be, but hey, at least I won't be envying that timed exclusive sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
All i can say about the game is mediocre, the protagonist looks Asian, and the chick in the game freaking HOT!
onion_gifs_emoticons-20.gif
Besides that, nothing really stood out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back