Lost Planet mp demo discussion.

psychobrawler

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1497/Lost-Planet/p1/

In a special offer, gamers will get a code for access to two exclusive levels for the upcoming multiplayer demo if they pre-order Lost Planet the day after Thanksgiving. The powers-that-be at Capcom have given us early access to these servers so that we may entice you into pre-ordering this bad-boy on Friday. The demo will actually be available tomorrow, so you won’t have to wait around to check out the multiplayer action after you lock in a pre-order.

One level demo is available now. Two additional maps available with code for pre-order customers.

[quote name='Sporadic']Demo seems to be up.

I haven't seen it yet but people are saying it's listed under featured downloads.

223MBs[/QUOTE]
not there for me

Very Star Wars Battlefront-esque. Fun, but in a completely mindless run and gun kind of way. Those frisbee sticky grenades are awesome though. I want this for single player, but I'll probably go a few rounds on line. I don't think it'll pull many people from Gears or Vegas though.

[quote name='Maynard']lol i dont think anything is going to touch GoW and Vegas for some time.[/QUOTE]
QFT. The next on-line game to compete at all will likely be TF2 when the HL2 package ships next summer.

Game is awesome. I'm actually not that bad online either, I usually suck but the 3 games I played I was top player of my team and won 2 matches.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']meh, I can wait a while on this game. The movement, control, and style of the game are just not my cup of tea.[/quote]

I felt the same way after playing the SP demo.

Jeez I can't believe everyone hates this so much

Honestly, probably one of the most fun games I've played in a long time

In large part due to those sweet hooks that you can attach anywhere

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Jeez I can't believe everyone hates this so much

Honestly, probably one of the most fun games I've played in a long time

In large part due to those sweet hooks that you can attach anywhere[/QUOTE]
Who hates it?

Btw, anyone get a code for the multiplayer maps? I work at Gamestop, and we haven't heard anything about it.

Haven't been able to play it. People keep friggin' cancelling games before they even get started, which is pretty damn annoying.

[quote name='AshesofWake']did not like the multi at all. loved the single player though.[/QUOTE]

same here, but I think it'll be good with deathmatch or team deathmatch.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Haven't been able to play it. People keep friggin' cancelling games before they even get started, which is pretty damn annoying.[/quote]

ditto.

i can say that i hate it as well, cause it will not let me play it. dirty fucker, wasting my bandwidth and time.

[quote name='orntar']ditto.

i can say that i hate it as well, cause it will not let me play it. dirty fucker, wasting my bandwidth and time.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I've only played three games, but I got into all three without a hitch. Each game had 10-14 players apiece too.

I thought it was pretty fun. The aiming still bothers me. I don't like how the reticule and your player move completely independently from one another.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Weird. I've only played three games, but I got into all three without a hitch. Each game had 10-14 players apiece too.

I thought it was pretty fun. The aiming still bothers me. I don't like how the reticule and your player move completely independently from one another.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's a little buggy at first, but I've played about 6 or 7 games now, most with 16 players, and you kind of get used to it. I've not seen any lag, and I've even played a couple with people who have worked out a little team strategy where one team dominated. I'm still a lot more impressed with single player, but this might be fun for a little while. During the times when you don't want strategy...

I never feel as rewarded in a 16 player game, because it's so common for it to end without ever feeling like you played a big part. The action can easily center away from you. And even when you have a high kill count, it feels kind of shallow. I'll probably always prefer smaller games (like 4 v 4) because I know exactly what impact my actions have on the round.

[quote name='panasonic']game sucks ass. GOW FTW rainbow six sucks too[/QUOTE]
youre such a douche. denisdfat returns.

i cant get this damn mp demo to download, gets to the end and then i get an error.

Tried the singleplayer demo out last week. It wasn't a fun and quit quite quickly.

Multiplayer? One match and I deleted it. Simply not enjoyable.

I can't honestly believe so many people disliked it. It was honestly the most fun multiplayer experience I've had in a while (granted I haven't played GOW yet). I enjoyed it even a lot more than the R6: Vegas MP demo

This pretty much sells me on the game, I'm so picking it up

I think it's because directly before trying this demo out, I played the RS:Vegas demo for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I can't honestly believe so many people disliked it. It was honestly the most fun multiplayer experience I've had in a while (granted I haven't played GOW yet). I enjoyed it even a lot more than the R6: Vegas MP demo

This pretty much sells me on the game, I'm so picking it up[/quote]qtf
I was having fun even when I was getting killed. I was trying to get away from this one guy so I used to grapple to get over a wall and as soon as im over the wall (still in the air) i get hit by someone else with a rocket. good stuff.

I guess this is another Capcom title with unreadable text (on a standard definition television)...

I'm probably not going to buy it.

capcom is making the text bigger for sd tvs.

before
lp2020sd20beforesu9.jpg

after
lp2020sd20finalni0.jpg

link

if you look at the comments under that link, the guy at the top says:

Damn, all that to find out everyone is named Lost Planet

Made me lol

I finally got my pre-order code from EB Games last friday, and got around to playing a couple multiplayer matches this morning. I really enjoyed it. I don't know how many times I played the single player demo through and was sold on it then, the mp is just icing. I love the enhancements to the grappling hook in the mp demo, as it seems a lot easier to use now.

bread's done
Back