Lost Planet Save Game Glitch...?

gorgo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue:

EVERY time I load Lost Planet, I have to configure the save drive (hard disk in my case). After a few clicks, it's got my saved game, etc. Shouldn't it remember that like every other game does?

Also, yesterday I got the dreaded "disk not readable error" (on a 3-day old disc that's been in the 360 the whole time). I checked the disc, and it's flawless. I put it back in and restarted my 2-month old 360 and it went away. But it killed my previous save game, where I was about to fight the giant wasp. I had to start the level over, which isn't a big deal, but should I worry?

Played some today with no disk errors, but still had to reconfigure the save drive.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113896

and to fix your sig, use BBC code and put the URL in

[quote name='halfbent']Some games make you pick the storage device every time, some don't.[/quote]\
that is sooo annoying in this game and saint's row

happens in Fight Night Round 3 too

no DRE for me but today FEAR froze on me once and yesterday splinter cell froze on me once :/

One of my annoyances with 360 GUI is that even when there's only the HDD, the games don't automatically recognize it and forces you to choose it.

I also fail to see why i need to confirm that it just saved every time it does. I'm in multiplayer, the servers should be holding my rank and info, not my console. It's not as if they are asking me if I want to save, they are simply forcing me to say "well thanks for punching me in the face, go ahead and continue so you can do it again when the next match ends."

Fortunatly no DREs on LP yet for me though.

This my response to this is after playing Lost Planet and Dead Rising:

Capcom makes good games, but they do some hokey shit to screw those games up, too. If they did a product test for about 5 days with 10 hardcore gamers, they would all say to fix this complaint.

At least in Lost Planet I don't have to take my character to the bathroom to save. :)

[quote name='SteveMcQ']One of my annoyances with 360 GUI is that even when there's only the HDD, the games don't automatically recognize it and forces you to choose it.[/quote]

You mean even when a Memory Card isn't also plugged in? That'd be really stupid. I leave my MU in though so I wouldn't know if it goes away when you only have on device plugged into it.

[quote name='graf1k']You mean even when a Memory Card isn't also plugged in? That'd be really stupid. I leave my MU in though so I wouldn't know if it goes away when you only have on device plugged into it.[/quote]I meant the prompt to choose the save device for game saves or loads should only come up when there's both a memory card and a HDD plugged in. If it's just one or the other, it should choose it automatically.

Or at least just pop up the first time, and then keep the preference in the savegame itself. It's a measly extra few lines of code for it to remember I would imagine.

Another thing that annoys me is the prompt with NBA 2K7 to have to hit "OK" everytime it loads the save files at the beginning, before it actually loads up the game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Dead Rising as well, but just to let you know, Lost planet and Dead Rising were made by the same team and run off the same engine.[/quote]

More the reason it should not have been an issue in LP. Also engine and interface are two seperate entities, though it is obvious the same team/person did both as can be see with text size issues.

[quote name='Surferflames']More the reason it should not have been an issue in LP. Also engine and interface are two seperate entities, though it is obvious the same team/person did both as can be see with text size issues.[/QUOTE]

still it's the same engine. They are both modified games that ru differently on the same engine.

bread's done
Back