Lost: The Complete Collection Pre-Order (Blu-ray: $195.99, DVD: $148.99)

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!
Both release August 24, 2010, same day that the Season 6 series comes out. Seeing as Season 6 is going for $38.99 / $53.99 pre-order right now, this ain't too shabby for August. That's if you can't hold off until the holidays when there will probably be a ridiculous DOTD / Lightning Deal.

DVD - $148.99
Blu-ray - $195.99

im about to sell my 1-5 BRs to get this i can't wait

i doubt we will see another ridiculous deal like the 1-5 deal, im just glad ill make profit off it and almost enough to pay off this one :)

[quote name='bigredvan14']I figure I'll pre-order this anyway just to lock in the price, then cancel it over the summer if they reveal more or I figure if it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]
Just did the same. Can't hurt.

[quote name='bigredvan14']I figure I'll pre-order this anyway just to lock in the price, then cancel it over the summer if they reveal more or I figure if it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the great piece of wisdom! since this is the internet, i want to make sure you know i wasn't being sarcastic.

Hmm, comes out the 2nd day of med school..... syllabus week can't be that much harder there can it?

Sold 1-5 on dvd to jump on the 1-5 on blu deal. Unless this has something in it I just gotta have, I think I'm done upgrading. Thanx OP!! (still gotta send out my rebates too....whoops)

Preordered on blu...but that price is just ridiculous, especially after the $108.xx Gold Box deal a month or two ago (that I regrettably did not pull the trigger on).

I'm sure this one will also eventually be substantially cheaper over time. Unless it drops substantially prior to release, I will more than likely cancel and wait for a deal.

Nah, I'll be happy with the Season 1-5 BDs I picked up from that DotD (like a lot of others here) plus the Season 6 set when it drops in price a bit. I never watch bonus features anyway, just give me every episode in crystal clear HD goodness.

I bought the LOST seasons 1-5 for $109 back when Amazon had the sale. so it would be cheaper for me to just buy 6 separate. I am curious at what the extra features/goodies are.

More importantly if I didn't own any of the seasons and was buying this, I would be asking.. would they dare to copy the battlestar complete series packaging? To me it "looks" like its just a box underneath the drape in that photo. Heck make the box a "hatch" I say.

My idea as a joke from the creators is throw in a snowglobe of the island. Besides that it be neat for some fake oceanic stuff, Dharma goodies, a stuffed polarbear.

If it ends well, I'll pick it up (or the 6 seasons individually) when there's some crazy deal down the road. Will get the stand alone seasons if the complete set is in some big packaging that won't sit on my shelf with the rest of my TV series and/or takes up a ton of space.

I doubt I'd re watch the series for at least 5 years or so even if it has a great ending, so I'm in no rush and can wait for good deals. If the ending sucks, I won't buy it at all.

[quote name='ttocshsoj']this may be a stupid question, but if i preorder this does my card actually get charged for it now or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

when it ships

[quote name='ttocshsoj']this may be a stupid question, but if i preorder this does my card actually get charged for it now or when it ships?[/QUOTE] Not until it ships & you pay the lowest price they sell it for between the time you order & when it streets.

Here's a question perhaps one of you with seasons 1-5 on Blu can answer. I presume there's a way to turn on the little bubble pop-ups with info on the episode, that they do on the reruns from the previous week, on the Blus?

I wouldn't mind watching the episodes with all the background info running for things I may have missed.

[quote name='karkyco']Here's a question perhaps one of you with seasons 1-5 on Blu can answer. I presume there's a way to turn on the little bubble pop-ups with info on the episode, that they do on the reruns from the previous week, on the Blus?

I wouldn't mind watching the episodes with all the background info running for things I may have missed.[/QUOTE]
Nope, those aren't on the blu-rays.

Doh! I really would like to watch the entire series with those damn pop ups a la pop up video...

Ah well. Thanks for the quick answer

In for a Blu-Ray pre-order. Possible cancellation if more details arrive over the summer, but I doubt I'll be able to make myself cancel :lol:

I'll stick with my blus from deal of the day and just pick up season 6.

The net paid for 1-5 was $108-40 (rebates)=$68. It's not worth the upgrade.

Kevin

Will be keeping an eye on this for possible price drops. Sold my Season 1 set long ago in anticipation of this set existing.

I've paitiently waited this long, I can keep on hanging on.....

bread's done
Back