LOST - The Final Season - LOST Auction Aug 21-22 (Post 1439)

[quote name='crunchb3rry']So glad I skipped the complete collection and just got all the seasons individually (minus S6) on Amazon. I think I spent like $60 after rebates. Yeah, S3 has no slipcase, but they look nice enough on the shelf, certainly better than that godawful piece of shit pictured up above.[/QUOTE]

You should buy my slipcase

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The epilogue leaked online last week, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet.[/QUOTE]

Just watched it a few moments ago.

Big meh. 3 things answered that I didn't know about before were:
Where the food drops came from, the Hurley bird's origin, and a little bit more about Walt's purpose. Everything else was already hinted at in the show.

[quote name='krnhorang85']I wonder if the DHARMA Beer that they're selling will actually have beer in it.

Drinking $200 fake beer seems like a nice way to spend the weekend, lol.[/QUOTE]

keep in mind their estimated values can be blown away when the actual bidding begins.

[quote name='SoulReaver']You should buy my slipcase[/QUOTE]

I just said "fuck it" and bought them as is. The slipcases are kinda shitty anyway, nowhere near as coold as the DVD set slips. Might as well just toss those.

Amazon shipped my Blu-ray set of season 6 this morning. It's got 2 day shipping speed, set for release day delivery, but if it gets here in 2 shipping days, it'd be Monday when it arrives.

Mine hasn't shipped yet. Dexter S4 has, but not this. I'll be glad to get it though, finally put some closure on another TV series set. Should be just as fun to watch it the second time through and pick up all the little things easily missed.

How long do you guys think the Blu-Ray box set will be on sale for? I don't have the money right now, but it would be better to buy it for $195 now than to wait and buy it for $280.

I didn't want the box set since I hate the packaging for the actual discs. I'm going to end up buying seasons 1-4 on Blu-ray in the future... already have 1-4 on DVD, and 5 on Blu.

According to Amazon, my season 6 set left Santa Fe Springs last night at 6 P.M. That's barely over an hour drive from here. There's absolutely no reason it shouldn't have arrived today, unless they're not allowed to deliver it till Tuesday.

[quote name='Matt Young']I didn't want the box set since I hate the packaging for the actual discs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm a big fan, but not big enough to spend money on this. It's so much cheaper to get the sets standalone. Amazon frequently has deals on them. Like that inevitable return of the one where you save more for each set you buy together. So buying all six would get you a noticeable discount.

Plus, I got $40 just for sending in the S1 and S2 DVD rebates. Had to cut the UPC off my Blu sets, but the mismatched packaging for the standalone sets makes a hole on the insert of a few cases a non-issue.

bread's done
Back