LOST TV SHOW quick question

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
i got a bet running with my cousin that this show will be cancelled by end of the year. Is there any webpage to see how many viewers this show is pulling in cause I really think many people are leaving this show. Its been what 3 weeks now and its nothing but back stories of the people on the island and nothing about the monster.... Show got very lame..

thanks for any help

I believe it has already been signed to a second season. I remember reading somewhere that Lost and Desperate Housewives will see a second run.

was it picked up for a 2nd year i wonder or i wonder if it was one of these if you want this show you got to take this as well.....

thanks .... then again they kept drew carey on for many years when noone was watching that either

That link shocked me 2 times. one i cant belive almost 1 out of 5 households watch CSI and Cant belive 11 million + still watch Lost
Thanks for link

Still a top 10 show: http://tv.yahoo.com/nielsen/

Personally, I'm enjoying the backstories. It makes the characters more interesting. The "monster" is the lamest part of the show. Eventually they will have to reveal what it is and it is bound to be disappointing.

Do you want them to just tell you everything in 3 episodes? The X-Files didn't tell us anything for 9 years and I couldn't stop watching (OK, maybe not the last season). Character development is very interesting and is usually what sets apart the good shows from all the other crap. The old bald guy's back story was very interesting - and unexpected. Is there a better new show this season? If so please tell me so I can start watching immediately.

well the RUMOR I heard going around there is No real monster. The island is alive with magic making people see stuff that isnt really there.... That is how jack saw his dead father , how the dude in the wheelchair is walking ect ect ect ..... Anyone else nothing they changed last weds show. cant remember what they Lock person said but what they said in the preview was different in what they said in the Show

think was preview the eye of the island was magical
the show i think said The eye of the island was beautiful

Personally, I think it's a great show, very character drivin.

I do have one request though......If anyone knows anything about future episodes and feels the need to post, please preface with a spoiler warning as to not ruin it for people who are watching the show and don't want to know.

Thanks!!

[quote name='slidecage']Anyone else nothing they changed last weds show. cant remember what they Lock person said but what they said in the preview was different in what they said in the Show

think was preview the eye of the island was magical
the show i think said The eye of the island was beautiful[/quote]

I caught that too. Like everything else on the island (the comic book the kid was reading that had a polar bear, the book "Watership Down" that someone else was reading) I'm sure there is meaning behind it.

The best thing about this show is that each week another layer gets peeled back (like an onion; or ogre/parfait depending on your prefered layer type) revealing more.

When a new show is brought to the airwaves typically the network only orders about a half season's worth of episodes so if the show tanks, they can replace it with something else at the midpoint. That's why shows like Firefly, the complete series, is only 13 episodes instead of the usual 23 - 24ish.

What happened with lost and desperate housewives is ABC ordered the completion of the other half of the episodes, IE, the completion of the first season.

The show isn't anywhere near being cancelled. It is winning its time period every week and is one of the highest rated shows on broadcast tv right now. Until a few weeks ago I worked at an ABC station, so I still have access to all the ratings material.

Just looked up some info. For the week of 10/17, Lost had a 10.95 Household rating and finished as the 10th highest rated show of the week. For comparison, Survivor finished with a 11.64 HH rating.

Lost is a great show. A return to real story-telling. People are sick of Survivor and Bachelor rip-offs (although The Apprentice rocks - but that has more to do with The Donald)

Yeah I bet the monster is the abstract collective fear of the ppl on the island. But that radio transmission was damn mysterious - I bet there were some funky experiments being done a la "Forbidden Planet"

Sweet show. Too bad I'm always out Wednesday night and have to wait for the reairing on Saturday. No time to watch the recordings of it.

I've been watching this show since the pilot, and I'm hooked. As I was watching it I could swear I had seen the actress who plays "Kate" somewhere before...then I realized she was a hardware/accessories model on G4/Tech TV's Judgment Day. The best part was seeing her on a commercial for some singles phone chat/party line type thing. She's wearing a tank top and pajamas and acting all seductive-like, it was so NOT like her character on Lost. I guess it's as close as I'll get to experience the emotion of finding out a girl you went to high school with became a stripper. :roll:

When I saw the commercials for LOST, I was thinking, "Hey that looks like a cool show. Too bad I will be the only one watching it and it will be cancelled in three weeks." Well, I am glad I was right about it being a cool show. I am also glad I was wrong about it being canceled in three weeks. Sci-Fi / Fantasy shows usually don't fare well. Maybe this hit the same audience that kept the X-Files on the air. To bad they didn't watch Miracles and Brimstone, two of my other favorites.

[quote name='slidecage']i got a bet running with my cousin that this show will be cancelled by end of the year. Is there any webpage to see how many viewers this show is pulling in cause I really think many people are leaving this show. Its been what 3 weeks now and its nothing but back stories of the people on the island and nothing about the monster.... Show got very lame..

thanks for any help[/quote]

It's called story and character development. This is what people with more than a 30 second attention span like. Just go with it. JJ Abrams will not disapoint. IMP, Lost is easily the best new show this year.

[quote name='vanlandw']I like lost...it's a good fall replacement for 24 until it comes back in january :)[/quote]

I liked Lost when I saw it too, but I can't watch it cause I have a chem lab from 7-10 Wednesday night... And I really can't wait for 24. I'll have to make sure I have no Monday night classes for Winter quarter...

Actually lost was booked for a full season up front...and they did sign for a second season...that is why their was so much hype given by the network for this show, as they put a lot into it, and needed it to be succesful.

**Possible spoiler**
One of our sales rep is a lead extra in shows filmed in hawaii..he was filming for north shore, the cop show "hawaii" and is also in lost. He actually is one of the 12 remaining people left on the island. He does not know anything about the animal that we were lead to believe dominated the island at the begining of the series. I have some more info if you would like on some of the upcoming episodes

[quote name='ryanbph']Actually lost was booked for a full season up front...and they did sign for a second season...that is why their was so much hype given by the network for this show, as they put a lot into it, and needed it to be succesful.

**Possible spoiler**
One of our sales rep is a lead extra in shows filmed in hawaii..he was filming for north shore, the cop show "hawaii" and is also in lost. He actually is one of the 12 remaining people left on the island. He does not know anything about the animal that we were lead to believe dominated the island at the begining of the series. I have some more info if you would like on some of the upcoming episodes[/quote]

Which character does he play?

He is just a guy in the background...I have seen him in a couple of scenes so far...but they are filming at least 5 epsiodes ahead of where we are watching it, and he is one of the last 12 people...so they are considering giving him a speaking role...he has been in most shows/movies that have filmed in hawaii...in the series jake and the fatman, he got run over in one of the episodes...in the movie 8 days 7 nights, with harrison ford and ann heche...he was in the bar when david swimmer is upset that his wife is gone, and you see him kissing another girl in the background..

his son, is an extra as well, and in north shore, the young blonde that is the lifeguard/surfer...the scenes where the blonde kid is surfing, it is footage of his son..they both do a lot of test scenes, where the star isn't around and they are setting the camera and lighting..they will fill in for the star to get all the equipment set for the way the want the scene to look...the funny thing about the show north shore, is that the female star that father is the competing owner...in real life she was happily married, untill her husband cheated on her with...none other then Shannon Doehrety...the girl didn't know that shannon was going to be on the set, and flipped out

One of the interesting theories I've heard of the castaways of Lost is that they are in Hell or purgatory. Sounds a little out there b/ when u think about it maybe not.

[quote name='Bivensra']One of the interesting theories I've heard of the castaways of Lost is that they are in Hell or purgatory. Sounds a little out there b/ when u think about it maybe not.[/quote]

I wouldn't put anything past JJ Abrams. Just remember people, he also likes to kill off characters that people have gotten fond of. He tends to turn everything into a tragedy.

**Possible spoiler**
One of our sales rep is a lead extra in shows filmed in hawaii..he was filming for north shore, the cop show "hawaii" and is also in lost. He actually is one of the 12 remaining people left on the island. He does not know anything about the animal that we were lead to believe dominated the island at the begining of the series. I have some more info if you would like on some of the upcoming episodes

are you talking about one of the 12 at the end of the first season in a few more eps there will be only 12 people left. Man 34 people being killed in a matter of a few shows..... Anyone remember the movie with the Squid monster they killed the monster when they blew up the big boat then they landed on an island., SOmething big started to move towards them (something like how it bends the trees in lOST) I wonder if they are on the same island :)

the movie was DEEP something

**SPOILER***

My buddy mentioned that the group splits into 2, one goes into the mountains, and the others stay by the shore...he said their is another evil group on the island, and they want the pregnant girls baby...when he said 12, I don't know if that means the ones that go into the montain or total..he goes into the mountains..

[quote name='ryanbph']**SPOILER***

My buddy mentioned that the group splits into 2, one goes into the mountains, and the others stay by the shore...he said their is another evil group on the island, and they want the pregnant girls baby...when he said 12, I don't know if that means the ones that go into the montain or total..he goes into the mountains..[/quote]

yea i forgot about that. It really isnt a spoiler since that topic will be raised this or next weds. Its already on the Tivo and comcast boxes telling you what the ep is about. I know some info off the Comcast Tv guide box about the next 3 shows.... I forgot they split up after weds show

SPOLIER I guess

About how Jack wants to make the new camp at the waterfall he found while that Chic who was in handcuffs wants to make the other camp

I'm glad Lost is doing well. I'm tired of all this reality rehash. It's good to see TV going in a new direction, and at the same time go back to it's roots.

Hadn't spoken to my buddy in a couple of weeks...but I got some more info for you on upcoming episodes of lost..not sure how far away these are..but here it is

****Spoilers****

1. their is an evil tribe on the other side of the island, they will be coming into play in the series shortly :evil:

2. The girl star of the show, the one that was handcuffed on the plane...the crime she committed was a bank robbery..they weren't supposed to shoot anyone, her partner either shot or was about to shoot a bank customer, and she shoots her partner :shock:

3. the french lady, that left that radio message over 14 years earlier...she is still around on the other side of the island..her fellow survivors caught some sort of deadly disease...she shoots them all to prevent it from spreading, and is the last of her crashed plane...the iraqi guy wanders to the other side of the island, and gets tied up by the french lady, who is a very odd and peculiar... :roll:

4. not much of a spoiler..but the black guy and the asian women have something develop between them.... :p

This is my opinion on what is going on in the show. *Possibly major show spoilers read at own risk*

I think that they are in purgatory, a place or state of punishment wherein according to Roman Catholic doctrine the souls of those who die in God's grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven. I think it makes sense, since all of these people have had a serious problem in the past, and the people that have already died have moved on to heaven/hell etc. That is maybe why his dad wasn't in his coffin, and all that other weird stuff. This could be totally wrong too.

that could make sense but 2 issues with your idea...1. with their being an evil tribe on the island...what are they still doing in purgatory? 2. that is something that roman catholics beilieve in, religion is something mainstream media trys to stay out of..and could alienate any viewers that are not roman catholic...lost is the first original series in a long time filmed in hawaii that is signed for a second season...both jake and the fatman and baywatch hawaii were series that had started in CA...the tv show Hawaii, the detective one that ran on wend nights was cancelled...which is to bad...it was a decent show

[quote name='el bobo']This is my opinion on what is going on in the show. *Possibly major show spoilers read at own risk*

I think that they are in purgatory, a place or state of punishment wherein according to Roman Catholic doctrine the souls of those who die in God's grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven. I think it makes sense, since all of these people have had a serious problem in the past, and the people that have already died have moved on to heaven/hell etc. That is maybe why his dad wasn't in his coffin, and all that other weird stuff. This could be totally wrong too.[/quote]

:twisted: Tv Guide mentioned the possibility of that a few weeks ago.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='el bobo']This is my opinion on what is going on in the show. *Possibly major show spoilers read at own risk*

I think that they are in purgatory, a place or state of punishment wherein according to Roman Catholic doctrine the souls of those who die in God's grace may make satisfaction for past sins and so become fit for heaven. I think it makes sense, since all of these people have had a serious problem in the past, and the people that have already died have moved on to heaven/hell etc. That is maybe why his dad wasn't in his coffin, and all that other weird stuff. This could be totally wrong too.[/quote]

:twisted: Tv Guide mentioned the possibility of that a few weeks ago.[/quote]
Aww man, I thought of something new. I never read that thing anyway...

[quote name='el bobo'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='el bobo']This is my opinion on what is going on in the show. *Possibly major show spoilers read at own risk*

:twisted: Tv Guide mentioned the possibility of that a few weeks ago.[/quote]
Aww man, I thought of something new. I never read that thing anyway...[/quote]
maybe they have to make their own heaven, by giving up sins and issues and being rewarded with what they truly want.
The enormous monster, i think, is someones fear brought to life, and he will eventually have to defeat it (maybe even the kid)
Whatever the case i think this is the most ive ever thought over a TV show. Abrams is a genius

that will make sense, but it still doesn't explain why their is an evil tribe on the island or why is the french lady allowed to shoot her fellow survivors...purgatory is for the questionable people to spend time before being moved on to heaven or hell...if they are evil...then what are they doing in pergurtory

Perhaps it was a plane full of devil worshippers... going to some sort of devil worshipper... convention... in dallas!
Seriously i think the "evil" tribe have their own predictions of the island and it leads to a "holy war"... or it could just be someones test.

French lady= her entire tribe (except her) failed the tests of purgatory and were sent to hell. She was spared because... SHE'S PREGNANT... oh hell i dont know... seclusion might be her test... yay! an answer to all of the shows questions

bread's done
Back