Lost Winds Thread

leveskikesko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
At first I thought this game was just some new eyecandy from some developer no one knows.

But of course I was wrong. Yeah, eyecandy is a big part of why it's awesome. But the gameplay is such a breath of fresh air, it makes me wish this was more than just a wiiware title so it could be longer. Very nice environmental puzzles, fun platforming, peaceful graphics and music, and a refreshing control scheme that really compliments the wiimote's pointer make this a must-have.

Anyone else playing?

I just beat it in a little under 3 hours. It was enjoyable, but it did get a little boring to me. I think it had a lot to do with the soothing music and overall calming visuals. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy myself, I just can't see it being stretched out into a longer game.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I just beat it in a little under 3 hours. It was enjoyable, but it did get a little boring to me. I think it had a lot to do with the soothing music and overall calming visuals. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy myself, I just can't see it being stretched out into a longer game.[/quote]

That's cool. I for one really enjoyed its pace and calming atmosphere. I think I enjoy relaxed gaming as much as I do non-stop action gaming, if not more sometimes.

If they added a few new elements to the gameplay it could've easily been longer. I think they kinda held back to make everything compliment its length.

Yeah this is a pretty solid game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I will tomorrow. (LOL). It's a very chill game and that's a good thing. The music slightly irritates me but that's only because it's too chill sometimes....but overall I don't mind.

However, a 3-4 hour game for 1000 points? You can love this game all you want, you have to admit that 1000 is a bit steep. 700-800 points would have been a bit better IMO.
But I understand why it was 1000, so you don't have to defend the title and tell me a BILLION reasons why it was 1000 :p

[quote name='lilboo']Yeah this is a pretty solid game. I haven't beaten it yet, but I will tomorrow. (LOL). It's a very chill game and that's a good thing. The music slightly irritates me but that's only because it's too chill sometimes....but overall I don't mind.

However, a 3-4 hour game for 1000 points? You can love this game all you want, you have to admit that 1000 is a bit steep. 700-800 points would have been a bit better IMO.
But I understand why it was 1000, so you don't have to defend the title and tell me a BILLION reasons why it was 1000 :p[/quote]

Yeah, I agree kinda.

In fact I try to judge all games the same, despite what console or download service they're on. 3 hours is just too short for anything. For me, all games that focus on single player with little replay value, even if they're just a dollar, should be at least 10 hours.

I haven't played it all the way through yet, but I bought it day one. It's one of the better things out for the wii in my opinion. $10 well spent.

I'm really enjoying this, but I think I broke it... :whistle2:| I got to the part where
you're told to go and find the first shrine west of the falls. That's all well and good, only I visited that shrine before I talked to the explorer guy. Now when I go back, nothing happens :cry:
Anybody know if I can fix this? Or am I gonna have to start over?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..
This game is 2 players?!

How does this work? I'm guessing it'll be Mario Galaxy styled where player 1 witll be Toku & the wind and player 2 will just be ANOTHER cursor?

[quote name='PleasantOne']I'm really enjoying this, but I think I broke it... :whistle2:| I got to the part where
you're told to go and find the first shrine west of the falls. That's all well and good, only I visited that shrine before I talked to the explorer guy. Now when I go back, nothing happens :cry:
Anybody know if I can fix this? Or am I gonna have to start over?[/quote]

There's another one. Check for a west exit that's near the cave you start out in, but not quite.

I finally beat this just now.
I had to look up how to beat Magmok though. I didn't know that you could pull those out of his hands, though. I was wondering how you kill that enemy... =/

Goddamn I am getting really frustrated:bomb:
I am at the part were you get that splitseed power or whatever, and I am going through anad have to burn the those roots I am on the THIRD FREAKING ONE, the one that is in that crystal cave and I cannot get that damn root to set on fire. Any help?

[quote name='EXStrike']There's another one. Check for a west exit that's near the cave you start out in, but not quite.

I finally beat this just now.
I had to look up how to beat Magmok though. I didn't know that you could pull those out of his hands, though. I was wondering how you kill that enemy... =/
[/quote]

Thanks! It was smooth sailing after I figured that out. I could have SWORN I went that way before, but I guess not.

Very enjoyable little game... very nice visuals and music. I just wish it had some replay value.

Damn I just beat it, that was shorter than I expected. I ended up with 22/24 statues when I beat it at around 2 and a half hours and then with a little help to get the last two I ended up with just under 3 hours.

Still a great game, I too hope the sequel is at least like an hour longer.

I just beat it in a little over 3 hours this weekend. Waaay too short, but at least it doesn't throw in any boring missions or artificial obstacles to extend the length like many games today.

But dammit, I love this game! It may be short like a downloadable, however the experience I did get was just as good or better than any hard copy game I usually play. I think I might just learn to like these downloadables, if it means I'll get some really unique 2D gaming experiences.

Such a beautiful game.

I never got all the statues since it became a pain to go look through every area. Is there a reward for collecting them all, or is it just pointless at the moment?

[quote name='Okari']I never got all the statues since it became a pain to go look through every area. Is there a reward for collecting them all, or is it just pointless at the moment?[/quote]

Completely pointless

Oh well. I'm hoping they'll implement some sort of special feature that reads your old data and give you something extra for getting them all in the next game.

I wanted to hate this game. I think I got it on the second day and played for about 30 minutes. I wanted to badmouth it and say it was too hard or too easy or something. I'm not really sure why. I liked it then, thought about it for a couple weeks and went back and played for about 45 minutes tonight.

It's pretty wonderful. The attention to detail is fantastic, the graphics are sharp, and the gameplay is perfectly simple. I loved Okami - this is no Okami, but it captures a lot of the feel. I really like the idea of single-bite Okami-flavored WiiWare.

I'm sort of in the same boat with this game. I found it enjoyable for the few hours, but found myself wishing there was more. At 1000 points, it's not exactly moderately priced... when you consider the masterpieces available for the virtual console 1000 points. The wii-ware stuff; however, have all been far from moderately priced for what they are (See: MLAAK + Extras).

However, the time I had on this game was definitely enjoyed despite the price/length.

Wow, I'm surprised at the amount of love this game has gotten. I had a feeling its more relaxed gameplay would be a turnoff to the GTA generation of gamers.

I just finished it last night and I thought it had the right amount of gameplay for $10. I played it off and on since downloading it on WiiWare launch so it seemed like it lasted longer than it really did.

I think the Penny Arcade game for XBL is around 5 or 6 hours and that is $20 so I would say Lost Winds is a decent value compared to the other stuff that is out there.

People really need to see value when comparing time. Sure, maybe ______ might be ____ hours long, but if the core game is bad, whats the point?

Lostwinds, although short, is cheery, bright and oh-so-cute.

played it this weekend with my girlfriend, about 2:30 to complete
fantastic, just really, really great to beat a tight game in a fully realized world in one sitting and where a second player can also be involved

Downloaded tonight. Fun game. I did find the double gust controls to be a bit tough at times (I don't have quick wrists anymore lol), but fun and different from most of the crap these days.

Finished the game today. About 4 hours 30 minutes overall. A lot of wandering around, wondering where things were. Had to consult GameFAQs to find the location of the last
memory chest.

I hadn't played the game since the weekend Wiiware launched, so it seemed I had forgotten a lot of the moves and winds at my disposal. Took a bit to get recalibrated.

Quality game, but it could definitely do with a little more meat. If someone's able to get through it in a couple few hours, the game seems to feel really tight. Longer than that, though, you begin to experience boredom, and even the music starts to grate.

Maybe it was just me and my anticipating downloading a new Wiiware game to reward myself for finishing Lost Winds, but I have high hopes for the sequel. I'm sure it can't be too much to ask for a map for next time.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']Uh....no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no idea on how Wii Ware works.. I have not got on in fear of spending too much on games that dont get played.

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah no idea on how Wii Ware works.. I have not got on in fear of spending too much on games that dont get played.[/quote]

There hasn't been a single WiiWare price drop yet, and I really doubt Nintendo will ever drop the price on anything in there. The closest thing you would get would be to get a deal on Wii Points cards so you would be getting "cheaper" games.

LostWinds is about a 3 hour game for $10. I thought it was worth it, others may not.

Just wanted to chime in that I too just beat it, and enjoyed it very much. I eagerly anticipate the next "episode". MY biggest problem, as seems to be common, is the game time. I easily played through in under 2 hours (granted, I missed 3 treasures...) taking my time. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the hell out of it, but I really hope the next episodes are a little more substantial. (Hell, I'd pick up a retail copy if the choose to expand it in that direction). I really hope more WiiWare of this quality comes out.

Now back to Defend Your Castle!

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']There hasn't been a single WiiWare price drop yet, and I really doubt Nintendo will ever drop the price on anything in there. The closest thing you would get would be to get a deal on Wii Points cards so you would be getting "cheaper" games.

LostWinds is about a 3 hour game for $10. I thought it was worth it, others may not.[/quote]

A lot of praised VC games are only 3 hours long and worth 10 dollars, damn right it's worth it.

Just finished this. Thoughts:
WTF was up with that final boss? I too had to look up how to beat him because you never do that anywhere else in the game.
They should totally have a previous save reading feature in LW 2. You would still be able to play if you hadn't played LW, but if you beat it and got all the treasures, you should get a statue or alternate costume or something. I also wished there was a new title screen after you beat the game. It wouldn't be hard to make and it's an added incentive for beating the game. This is a long shot, but how cool would it be for LW2 to take up less space if you had LW installed because some locations would be the same? :drool:

bread's done
Back