LostWinds: Winter of Melodias - Pretty Cool, Out in USA

[quote name='willardhaven']The first game is a lot of fun... why don't they just make a full length of disc?[/QUOTE]
If you finished the first one,
it seems they still need to make 2 more episodes before they make a disc. I would expect them to once they do that. They're also a small team it seems, probably why it took a year to make this.

I didn't finish the first as I played it with my friend on his console, but I really liked it. When I get a Wii I'll be waiting for the disc (I'll probably buy the latest download version as well).

Watched a trailer, and it seems to have a lot of the same feel as the first one. The only trouble I had with it is that the game got a little dull, and it became very challenging at times to figure out where you were. I'm interested, but a little reserved.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Watched a trailer, and it seems to have a lot of the same feel as the first one. The only trouble I had with it is that the game got a little dull, and it became very challenging at times to figure out where you were. I'm interested, but a little reserved.[/QUOTE]
There's new gameplay mechanics, including a map.

I'm just as far into the game as I was when I only played 1 hour. I am stuck hardcore, with no GameFAQs to help me. D:

[quote name='Cheapass24']Is there any way for me to buy this off the europe store, or do you know if its coming out here soon?[/QUOTE]
No, there's no way to buy it from the Europe store if you're not located there. My guess is that it comes out here Monday, but with great releases like Animal Crossing Clock, I can see how LostWinds would have to wait.

Don't be surprised if the US gets it tomorrow. The ESRB rated it on Friday. And of course, there are other reasons why I think that.

Just finished it, 3 hours 51 minutes. I liked the end boss of this one a lot more than the first games. Well worth the download.

Is Winters of Melodia standalone enough to enjoy without having played the first LostWInds? Any replay value? To bad it still sounds like a short game.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Is Winters of Melodia standalone enough to enjoy without having played the first LostWInds? Any replay value? To bad it still sounds like a short game.[/QUOTE]
Play the first one first. The gameplay additions in the second will make it hard to go back, and you miss 1/4 of the story.

Thanks. If that's the case, I may want to wait and see if they'll ever put out a disc too. It's gonna be expensive if they intend to dribble out volumes.

bread's done
Back