LOTR - DVD EE Slipcase BOX ONLY - $3

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Thought some people might be interested in this.....for $3 seems like a decent deal. I MIGHT get it, since I have all 3 EE, but they look pretty nice all by thhemselves.

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

-Slipcase offer DOES NOT include DVDs. DVDs are sold separately.
-Credit card payment of $3.00 shipping and handling fee applies.
-Offer good only in the U.S.
-One order per email address and physical address - no PO boxes please!
-Limited time offer valid until March 31, 2005 or while supplies last.
-Quantities are limited.
-Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for delivery.

***EDIT***
THIS IS LEGIT.
I received a card inside of the LOTR:ROTK EE that points you to the site. They are giving back...it's a nice idea by New Line.

Also, the PICS below are of two different cases: The second one is the New Line SlipCase (I just put the other one up for comparison
***END EDIT***

For CUSTOM DVD BOXES (NICE, but Pricey):
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/

CUSTOM LOTR BOX:
LotR_LE.jpg

VS

SlipCase:
slipcase.gif

8-10 weeks? Are they walking it to me?

This is not worth $3 IMO - I actually throw away crap like this when it comes free with the DVD...

I know what he means though....I threw away the box for the High School Collection (or whatever it was called) that housed Weird Science, Breakfast club, Sixteen Candles.

I also have the ULTIMATE PARTY COLLECTION box with Dazed and Fast Times, but I still have that box.

The EE box is decent, but I'm sure someone will create a better one (at a higher price though)

I think I also tossed the Blair Witch Experience (2-pack) box....it took up too much space for those two movies ;)

**EDIT**
I also know there is someone out there that makes pretty sweet cases for DVD's. I know they did Evil Dead Trilogy, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare (possibly even Die Hard)...HOWEVER, I cannot seem to find the link anymore. If anyone has it, please post it.

RE-EDIT: FOUND IT

(and YES, there is a LOTR box and a Die Hard Box....although they are $30 or so)

A Friend of Mine e-mailed me this also I kind of get the Scam feeling. You go to New Lines Web Site and its not listed in there Store. This Makes a Point to tell you Credit Card only, but IF you use a debt or Check card it all ran on the Visa or MC system. There is no way for them to tell what you are useing Unless they have a Decode list for Cred Card Numbers. Dont know maybe I'm just a skeptec about everything

Not all debit cards are run through the major credit card companies. Besides, most decent credit card companies have fraud protection for online transactions.

I think this is a pretty cool offer - thanks for brining it to our attention, OP.

[quote name='Scorch']I want one!!!

Why would you throw it away? It holds all three EE's![/quote]

It just wastes space and makes the DVDs harder to get to, IMO. In my perfect obsessive compulsive world every DVD (and CD) would come in the same exact case with the same print on the spine so it would look neat on my shelf instead of the damn mess it is right now so I have to hide everything in drawers...

[quote name='doubledown']**EDIT**
I also know there is someone out there that makes pretty sweet cases for DVD's. I know they did Evil Dead Trilogy, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare (possibly even Die Hard)...HOWEVER, I cannot seem to find the link anymore. If anyone has it, please post it.

(and YES, there is a LOTR box and a Die Hard Box....although they are $30 or so)[/quote]

Damn, that second evil dead box with the wrap-around the cabin is badass

evildead_color.jpg

I like the terminator one as well
terminatorC.jpg

[quote name='Draccius']Not all debit cards are run through the major credit card companies. Besides, most decent credit card companies have fraud protection for online transactions.

I think this is a pretty cool offer - thanks for brining it to our attention, OP.[/quote]

Yes it can be ran thought one of the Many Many ATM systems but if you use as a DEBT you must enter a PIN were if you use as a "Check" it will run on the VISA or MC system 4/5 everytime. Use you card as a DEBT you dont have to Sign you PIN is your Sig use has a "check" you must Sign. I have worked for 2 Major CredCard co and now for a debt collection service and yes most companys have some kind of Fraud but only if it gets Flaged 3 bucks is not going to get Flaged no matter were its From.

Most of all Credit Card Fraud works like this Get # try 1 little Purchase if it works try 1 BIG score (finding out Bal and limit is easy) then go to the Next one.

I may be wrong on this but it sounds Fishy to me but I have work alot of Fraud in my time...

[quote name='doubledown']I know what he means though....I threw away the box for the High School Collection (or whatever it was called) that housed Weird Science, Breakfast club, Sixteen Candles.

I also have the ULTIMATE PARTY COLLECTION box with Dazed and Fast Times, but I still have that box.

The EE box is decent, but I'm sure someone will create a better one (at a higher price though)

I think I also tossed the Blair Witch Experience (2-pack) box....it took up too much space for those two movies ;)

**EDIT**

(and YES, there is a LOTR box and a Die Hard Box....although they are $30 or so)[/quote]

Wow, he has one for the eventual Star Wars collection (holds 7 discs) that looks incredible! $30 is way too righ for my blood though.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']A Friend of Mine e-mailed me this also I kind of get the Scam feeling. You go to New Lines Web Site and its not listed in there Store. This Makes a Point to tell you Credit Card only, but IF you use a debt or Check card it all ran on the Visa or MC system. There is no way for them to tell what you are useing Unless they have a Decode list for Cred Card Numbers. Dont know maybe I'm just a skeptec about everything[/quote]

Click on the "Contact Us" link at the lower left corner of the page and see where it brings you.

I did and I sent New Line and E-mail to see if it was ligit.. I get paypal spam all the time that has links to take you to paypal but its just some dumb ass trying to commit Fraud. I hope its good to Go I will buy one if it is I just cant shake that feeling

[quote name='redline']There is an insert for this inside the RotK EE box. It gives the web site www.lotrdvdbox.com so it must be legit.[/quote]

That would do it for me !!!! I getting my copy today after work if its in there I going to get it ...

yeah this is legit, the offer for this slipcase is inside the EE of Return of the King and is the exact same one that the three movies come in as the package deal directly from NewLine.

I especially love the quote at the bottom of the order form page, nothing like a copious douse of idiot proofing

[quote name='Order Page']By checking this box, I acknowledge that I understand that this offer is for the free slipcase only,
and that no DVDs are included..[/quote]

[quote name='Kfoster1979'][quote name='redline']There is an insert for this inside the RotK EE box. It gives the web site www.lotrdvdbox.com so it must be legit.[/quote]

That would do it for me !!!! I getting my copy today after work if its in there I going to get it ...[/quote]

Ordered mine.

I plan on ordering mine tonight or tomarrow sometime.
I have a friend that waited until now to buy the EE so he could get them all in one box set, and now New Line is selling the box. :)

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I could use a matrix jurassic park[/quote]

The custom site has one.....I think his are made out of aluminum or something more sturdy

Jurassicbox2.jpg

Matrix.jpg

jurassicbox.jpg

[quote name='danh920']how much is this handling fee which nobody has brought up yet?[/quote]

For the slip box from New Line you mean? The total cost is $3, shipping and handling is built into the price of the product.

OK I was wrong I got my Copy and there was a Slip in there offering the cover so I'm ordering also .. But hey sometimes with CC#'s you cant be to careful trust me I have seen some good scams

3 dollars + shipping for a box? you guys are crazy. as said before, it just makes it harder to get to the dvds and it takes up more space

[quote name='adezero']3 dollars + shipping for a box? you guys are crazy. as said before, it just makes it harder to get to the dvds and it takes up more space[/quote]

Some people LIKE the way it looks. I for one, could really care less as I like how they look as three seperate "books"

However, some of the custom ones are SWEET. However, I would not pay that much for them....but if you displayed certain movies on a shelf, it could be worth it

[quote name='adezero']3 dollars + shipping for a box? you guys are crazy. as said before, it just makes it harder to get to the dvds and it takes up more space[/quote]
[quote name='guardian_owl']

For the slip box from New Line you mean? The total cost is $3, shipping and handling is built into the price of the product.[/quote]

$40 (including shipping) is a little too rich for my blood just for a box. in some cases, thats more then the movies themselves

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='javeryh']8-10 weeks? Are they walking it to me?[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]
:lol: I doubt it will take that 8 to 10 weeks and they just put that on the site to be safe.

Watch out people, this is either a scam or someone trying to make extra cash from a fake of the origional box.

At the bottom it says the company is "TM The Saul Zaentz Company D/B/A Tolkien Enterprises
Under License To New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved"

That means it is a seperate company, but the only three links on the page lead to New Line Cinema. New Line does not have this on their site. Why would they have someone else sell there product? They would not.

Here is a link to the real box, they look similar, but are not exactly the same.

http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=25782;category_id=2503;pcid1=2472;pcid2=

[quote name='nobunaga']Watch out people, this is either a scam or someone trying to make extra cash from a fake of the origional box.

At the bottom it says the company is "TM The Saul Zaentz Company D/B/A Tolkien Enterprises
Under License To New Line Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved"

That means it is a seperate company, but the only three links on the page lead to New Line Cinema. New Line does not have this on their site. Why would they have someone else sell there product? They would not.

Here is a link to the real box, they look similar, but are not exactly the same.

http://shop.newline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=25782;category_id=2503;pcid1=2472;pcid2=[/quote]

IF YOU WOULD READ THE POSTS....IT IS NOOOOOT A SCAM. The LOTR:ROTK EE came with a card stating that you could order the slipcase through this site.....

READ before you post.

I agree. Too many people dont read everything and start posting irrelevant info. A few post up someone said a case costing $40 :shock: . Where the hell did that come from? They did not leave a link or quote. So we are suppose to assume to know what they are talking about?

Maybe the OP could update the original message to include all the pertinent info. This could help solve some of the problem with the lazy readers.

[quote name='almostrice']I agree. Too many people dont read everything and start posting irrelevant info. A few post up someone said a case costing $40 :shock: . Where the hell did that come from? They did not leave a link or quote. So we are suppose to assume to know what they are talking about?

Maybe the OP could update the original message to include all the pertinent info. This could help solve some of the problem with the lazy readers.[/quote]

I updated my orignal post. I believe the $40 case the other is referring to is from the Paul Champagne site that sells CUSTOM, but High Quality (aluminum or something to that matter) cases.

I'm definantly planning on getting this since its $3 total. I just hope that it doesnt come to my house, smashed up and looking like crap. Does anyone think its actually limited? I'm sure they will make them for as long as people still buy them.

Actually it says till the end of March so it may be limited.

I'm sure they will ship it flat and you have to construct it yourself....at least, that is what seems WISE and since shipping is only $3. I have a feeling that the quality may be lacking a bit, compared to the "book" feel of the 3 EE's.

Who knows

I don't want to start a new topic for this so I'm just going to ask it here. I was watching the ROTK EE and on the first disc towards the first 50 mins of the movie, Gandalf starts coffing when he is smoking. Is it just me or does the audio when he is coffing sound really messed up? Keep in mind that I'm listening through the tv.

[quote name='almostrice']I agree. Too many people dont read everything and start posting irrelevant info. A few post up someone said a case costing $40 :shock: . Where the hell did that come from? They did not leave a link or quote. So we are suppose to assume to know what they are talking about?

Maybe the OP could update the original message to include all the pertinent info. This could help solve some of the problem with the lazy readers.[/quote]

maybe YOU should read "everything" before you reply to messages. Because i think what i was talking about was CLEAR from the first few messages mentioning the $30 custom boxes (plus $10 for shipping).

Yeah it comes in the package for the King EE not like someone just stumbled upon it online, that'd be a heck of a lawsuit pending if New Line or someone very smart, spread all over the shipping areas was able to slide them into each sealed Return of the King Edition.

bread's done
Back