LOTR - DVD EE Slipcase BOX ONLY - $3

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Thought some people might be interested in this.....for $3 seems like a decent deal. I MIGHT get it, since I have all 3 EE, but they look pretty nice all by thhemselves.

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

-Slipcase offer DOES NOT include DVDs. DVDs are sold separately.
-Credit card payment of $3.00 shipping and handling fee applies.
-Offer good only in the U.S.
-One order per email address and physical address - no PO boxes please!
-Limited time offer valid until March 31, 2005 or while supplies last.
-Quantities are limited.
-Please allow 8 - 10 weeks for delivery.

***EDIT***
THIS IS LEGIT.
I received a card inside of the LOTR:ROTK EE that points you to the site. They are giving back...it's a nice idea by New Line.

Also, the PICS below are of two different cases: The second one is the New Line SlipCase (I just put the other one up for comparison
***END EDIT***

For CUSTOM DVD BOXES (NICE, but Pricey):
http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/

CUSTOM LOTR BOX:
LotR_LE.jpg

VS

SlipCase:
slipcase.gif

[quote name='Kfoster1979']A Friend of Mine e-mailed me this also I kind of get the Scam feeling. You go to New Lines Web Site and its not listed in there Store. This Makes a Point to tell you Credit Card only, but IF you use a debt or Check card it all ran on the Visa or MC system. There is no way for them to tell what you are useing Unless they have a Decode list for Cred Card Numbers. Dont know maybe I'm just a skeptec about everything[/quote]

I got the coupon for the box in my ROTK dvd set. Does that shake your feeling enough?

[quote name='guardian_owl']I had completely forgotten I ordered this, how many of ya'll had already forgotten?[/quote]

Yea I ordered mine like a 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive a shipping confirmation.

i dont know if we are supposed to get a shipping confirmation. I ordered on the day LOTR EE came out and received a payment/order confirmation within minutes. But a shipping confirmation? I doubt it. But then again, it says it may take 8 weeks to receive so shipping confirmations may be still 4 weeks away.

[quote name='sman113'][quote name='almostrice']I agree. Too many people dont read everything and start posting irrelevant info. A few post up someone said a case costing $40 :shock: . Where the hell did that come from? They did not leave a link or quote. So we are suppose to assume to know what they are talking about?

Maybe the OP could update the original message to include all the pertinent info. This could help solve some of the problem with the lazy readers.[/quote]

maybe YOU should read "everything" before you reply to messages. Because i think what i was talking about was CLEAR from the first few messages mentioning the $30 custom boxes (plus $10 for shipping).[/quote]

GET A LIFE

[quote name='almostrice'][quote name='sman113'][quote name='almostrice']I agree. Too many people dont read everything and start posting irrelevant info. A few post up someone said a case costing $40 :shock: . Where the hell did that come from? They did not leave a link or quote. So we are suppose to assume to know what they are talking about?

Maybe the OP could update the original message to include all the pertinent info. This could help solve some of the problem with the lazy readers.[/quote]

maybe YOU should read "everything" before you reply to messages. Because i think what i was talking about was CLEAR from the first few messages mentioning the $30 custom boxes (plus $10 for shipping).[/quote]

GET A LIFE[/quote] :roll:

[quote name='Kfoster1979']A Friend of Mine e-mailed me this also I kind of get the Scam feeling. You go to New Lines Web Site and its not listed in there Store. This Makes a Point to tell you Credit Card only, but IF you use a debt or Check card it all ran on the Visa or MC system. There is no way for them to tell what you are useing Unless they have a Decode list for Cred Card Numbers. Dont know maybe I'm just a skeptec about everything[/quote]

The address for this website was included in my ROTK EE box. It is not on their website because they only want people who purchased the EEs to be able to buy it.

i ordered when i got my rotk ee on dec 22 ( i should have had it sooner, damn coconuts and your insanely slow shipping), but have yet to get a shipping confirmation as well, i had forgotten about this as well but i hope to get it soon nonetheless

I just ordered with my check/debit because I like to test these things out, I don't believe they have any way of telling the difference. I've done this with other places that claim they don't take debit/check cards and it always works.

[quote name='chakan']When did you order your case, Starman9000? Like scargums, I have been waiting over a month.[/quote]

I ordered as soon as it went up. Funny thing is I just checked my order status the day before I got it and ithere was no mention that it shipped. It just said "ordered".

[quote name='jimbodan']I just ordered with my check/debit because I like to test these things out, I don't believe they have any way of telling the difference. I've done this with other places that claim they don't take debit/check cards and it always works.[/quote]

Same here, ordered with the debit card, don't think they can tell.

Do they charge your card when it ships?

It's been about a month and my card hasn't been charged. They "authorized" the $3 when I placed the order, but then they never charged the card.

Well, I assume that they would have e-mailed if there was an order problem. Guess I'll just wait.

I got mine today, and I had my dad order it a day or two after the RotK EE came out, so I don't know if they charged his credit card when it shipped.

[quote name='Draccius']Not all debit cards are run through the major credit card companies. Besides, most decent credit card companies have fraud protection for online transactions.

I think this is a pretty cool offer - thanks for brining it to our attention, OP.[/quote]

AT&T runs the world's credit card network. I read that a few years ago, I think on Slashdot.

Received mine today (actually yesterday but didnt get it from the apt office till today). Its a really nice addition and worth the $3.

My only grife is that its packaged so tight in the cardboard shipping box it came in that when i used my pocket knife to split the tape holding the box closed, i went too deep and cut into the DVD box itself. Its not so bad, but a gripe nonetheless.

Is it made out of the same material as the EE dvd cases themselves? Or is it just some normal cardboard paper? And did they package it in a way that it is already creased and bent up already?

[quote name='moe11888']Is it made out of the same material as the EE dvd cases themselves? Or is it just some normal cardboard paper? And did they package it in a way that it is already creased and bent up already?[/quote]

Its is nice material and packaged very nice.

I ordered on Dec. 15, and still have not recieved a shipping notice, it just says order placed, im hoping it comes soon. I guess they actually have til Jan. 15, but it shouldnt take the whole 8 weeks, geez hire more people or something!

[quote name='notfromtexas']I ordered on Dec. 15, and still have not recieved a shipping notice, it just says order placed, im hoping it comes soon. I guess they actually have til Jan. 15, but it shouldnt take the whole 8 weeks, geez hire more people or something![/quote]
Your getting it for $3 shipped, what do you expect? The whole point of it is to greatly minimize the cost to process, manufacture, and ship orders by doing it in as large of batches as possible. Would you rather pay $15 and get it in 2 weeks?

[quote name='moe11888']Is it made out of the same material as the EE dvd cases themselves? Or is it just some normal cardboard paper? And did they package it in a way that it is already creased and bent up already?[/quote]

I think it is made out of the same material as the EE cases. Feels that way anyway. It is really sturdy. Its packaged put together - just take it out of the box, stick the EE's in it, and put 'em back on the shelf all nice and pretty-like.

Reminds me of the Jurrasic Park thing, but the Jurassic Park deal included a free bonus DVD with the case. I ordered the LOTR box set, but they are making me wait 6-8 weeks.

[quote name='guardian_owl'][quote name='notfromtexas']I ordered on Dec. 15, and still have not recieved a shipping notice, it just says order placed, im hoping it comes soon. I guess they actually have til Jan. 15, but it shouldnt take the whole 8 weeks, geez hire more people or something![/quote]
Your getting it for $3 shipped, what do you expect? The whole point of it is to greatly minimize the cost to process, manufacture, and ship orders by doing it in as large of batches as possible. Would you rather pay $15 and get it in 2 weeks?[/quote]

I EXPECT THE WORLD OF THEM!!!!

I got my box in the mail last week, but the corner is all crushed in! :( I tried to order another one but I can't, because it recognizes that I already ordered one, and it's one per person. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I got my box in the mail last week, but the corner is all crushed in! :( I tried to order another one but I can't, because it recognizes that I already ordered one, and it's one per person. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed.[/quote]

Thats why I don't really want to order one. I'm sure that it will happen to me.

Sorry to hear some people had trouble. I got mine today. The box it came in is nearly EXACTLY the same size as the slipcase. So if ANY part of the box had been crushed, the slipcase would be toast. Fortunately, mine arrived in perfect shape and my 3 "extended" DVD sets are in it now. It's really a great piece, and thanks so much for mentioning it here!

I got mine today also. It was in perfect shape but I can see how it could have been easily damaged since it was just in an empty box. They should have put something inside it to give it some strength. Just a block of styrofoam would have done it but I am glad to have it finally.

I finally decided to order one... I figure it will give me someplace to keep them if I ever get sick of the cool bookends... Hope they still have enough.

Just got got my lotr ee trilogy slipcase in the mail on saturday. I must say that it is pretty sweet. Not to mention the extra effort new line put in to have this mailable for 3 dollars.

Sorry to bump an old topic but

Does anyone know where to get this particualr one now that the offer expired?

Or does anyone have 1 for sale?

The $35 one is not an option since that is way to much $ for a slipcase

bread's done
Back