LOTR extended editions - $18 each at Costco

vgossain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The extended editions of each LOTR film are $25 at Costco but there is a $7 coupon on each that is available in store and online, so it ends up being $18 each and the coupon has no limit, so you can get all 3 for $54.

Didn't see this posted yet.

I have the EE for the first one, but can't check it now...these come with the theatrical cut? And is every feature/extra in the regular sets carry over into the EEs?

That's a really good price. Thing is, I love the movies and all, but whenver I try to watch em, I fall asleep, LOL. They're just too long for me.

I don't have a costco nearby or i'd consider this. i'd been holding out for the ultimate collector's set of all 3 movies with extended versions and extras. I always get burned when I buy something and then a better set comes out . However, I'm not sure they're going to ever issue a final complete set..

:shock: Wow this is an awesome deal OP. When do the coupons expire? Anyone know?

I already have all of the regular versions of the three movies, plus the EE for the last, and I've always wanted to own the other two EEs so I might just do this.

To whoeve asked if the extras from the regular dvds get transfered on to the EEs, well I believe that the EEs have mostly different extras than the regular editions.

[quote name='Sway']That's a really good price. Thing is, I love the movies and all, but whenver I try to watch em, I fall asleep, LOL. They're just too long for me.[/quote]

get your ass on some cafine and watch these movies.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
To whoeve asked if the extras from the regular dvds get transfered on to the EEs, well I believe that the EEs have mostly different extras than the regular editions.[/quote]

Yeah, as far as I know the theatrical version is not on the extended edition. They have always been touted as having "nothing in common" with the first DVD releases.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']
To whoeve asked if the extras from the regular dvds get transfered on to the EEs, well I believe that the EEs have mostly different extras than the regular editions.[/quote]

Yeah, as far as I know the theatrical version is not on the extended edition. They have always been touted as having "nothing in common" with the first DVD releases.[/quote]

Yup, they're great. One is basically the theatrical movie with some extras and the other is the movie with a bunch of deleted scenes and some of the best extras I've ever seen on DVD.

I think the deal expires on Mar. 6th (I think that is what the coupon in-store said)

Online it definitely expires on Mar 6th.
"Valid for orders placed February 28, 2005 through March 6, 2005. "

bread's done
Back