LOTR Gift Boxes 24.99 at Frys SOCal

Drensch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
In the Fry's So Cal ad for this weekend, they have the Collector's Gift Sets for all 3 LOTR films for $24.99 each. These are the ones with the bonus disc and the various trinkets (Bookends, Gollum statue, etc.).

Obviously this is a pretty good deal, even if it were just for the Extended Editon DVD's, but you get the whole box here.

Credit to the King at DVDtalk.

I would kill for someone to buy me all three. :D

Pm me if you want to work out a deal.

edit: It also seems to be good at other Fry's locations.

here's the link to the ad in the LA times -

la times

descriptions:

The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring
(Platinum Series Special Extended Edition Collector's Gift Set)

- Four-disc Platinum Series(tm) Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- New version of National Geographic Beyond the Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring DVD, with additional footage and photo gallery
- Collectible Argonath polystone figures created by Sideshow Weta
- Exclusive Decipher trading cards
- Packaging illustrated by famed artist Alan Lee

The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers

- Four-disc Platinum Series(tm) Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- Collectible Gollum polystone figure created by Sideshow Weta
- The Evolution of Gollum exclusive: bonus DVD on the Weta Workshop and how the Gollum statue was created
- Printed companion piece showing how Gollum evolved from pencil sketch to sculpted maquette to digital character

The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

- Four-disc Platinum Series(tm) Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Bonus DVD: Howard Shore: Creating "The Lord of The Rings" Symphony – A Composers Journey Through Middle-earth
- Collectible Minas Tirith polystone figure created by Sideshow Weta

I got one of each at the one in Austin Tx. Got home, when my gf came over later that night, she knew i was waiting for a good deal on the extended versions and got me all 3 for my b-day..havent decided if i wanna ebay or take 3 back...theyre heavy and shipping would be a bitch.

Sounds like a perminate price markdown is about to happen to these giftsets. About time as well, seems like a good amount of stores in my area are stuck with a few of them these days.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone know if this deal is still valid and if so when does it end ? thanks[/QUOTE]

Even if the deal is still valid, I doubt they have anything other than the ROTK boxes left. I went to the one at City of Industry last Friday after work, picked up FOTR and TTT boxes and walked around to see what other deals they had. 30 minutes later, all the FOTR boxes were gone and they only had 1 or 2 of TTT boxset. Still plenty of ROTK ones though.

heh it was complete opposite to my frys at soCAL. 2 fotr left, 0 rotk, and more than 10 ttt

i got a raincheck for rotk so i hope they get it....................

bread's done
Back