LOTR online 9.99 at BB

chris owns u

CAGiversary!
lord of the rings online was only $9.99 at my local bestbuy it was just laying on a table with a bunch of clearance xbox games in the video game section from what i can tell this is usally $19.99.

10 bucks for a month is cheaper than the usual 14.9/month subscription. Good price for those who are looking for a good MMO to play.

It also $10 at CC this week since games $19.99 are half price. Just giving out another option for potential buyers. The game is really fun, especially if you like the LOTR universe. It comes with a month free, so for $10 it is a steal if you are looking to pick up a MMO game.

My brother and I both bought this a few months ago when it was $10 on Gamestop's website (or EB I can't remember). I haven't played it yet but I am really looking forward to trying it out. I am trying to get a bunch of my older games played thru before I start playing it. Being a gamer who plays everything can be a tough situation sometimes.

LOTRO is also running a promotion where you can subscribe for $10/month if you sign up for 3 months at a time. The promotion ends at the end of the month, when the rate goes back up to $15/month.

3 months is probably all you'd want to put into the game but it is fun enough until you get to level ~45+. Gear is cheap as hell and you can farm enough mats to buy perfectly acceptable end game gear in about an hour's time. The game is absolutely fantastic from levels 1-16 before it traps you into basically one area at a time. It's worth a $40 investment (3 month deal + game) for 3 months of fun.

[quote name='Jeoff']3 months is probably all you'd want to put into the game but it is fun enough until you get to level ~45+. Gear is cheap as hell and you can farm enough mats to buy perfectly acceptable end game gear in about an hour's time. The game is absolutely fantastic from levels 1-16 before it traps you into basically one area at a time. It's worth a $40 investment (3 month deal + game) for 3 months of fun.[/QUOTE]
I sorta disagree about it trapping you in one area at a time. In the 20's you should be going between the Lone Lands and the western North Downs, and you have to do the Great Barrows in Bree-Land. In the 30's you have eastern North Downs, Trollshaws, and Evendim to quest in. The quests are spread around pretty well. I think most people tend to stick to one area though, and when they come across an area they could have been doing at the same time, the quests no longer give XP.

At $9.99 it's definitely worth a shot for anyone curious about the game. You can even do the free trial first, then upgrade your trial account with the retail key to get even more play time out of it.

bread's done
Back