LOTR: Third Age (GC/PS2/XB) (and many more) under $10 at GPXGame.com

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Hope this will do for a first post (even though thanks to my really sweet new cable connection it'll probably take an hour to gather these URLs)...

GC ($9.99):
http://home.gpxgame.com/gpx/productdetail.asp?sku=2140268

PS2 ($9.49):
http://home.gpxgame.com/gpx/productdetail.asp?sku=2110539

XBOX ($9.49):
http://home.gpxgame.com/gpx/productdetail.asp?sku=2120461

Doesn't appear to be pre-owned - or its cleverly disguised. Either way, best price I've seen by far. I've been wanting to pick up this game for GC for a while, now's as good a time as any.

Anyone have any history with this vendor?

EDIT: ugh, shipping sucks ($4.55 ground to Ohio), but I guess that still leaves it as cheap or cheaper than anywhere else I've seen new.

They also have Mario Bros 3 for GBA for $9.03. This sounds pfishy, and the site is pretty sparse. They also dont show you the shipping charge until you click the place order button. The longest page of info is their disclaimer page, hmm.

Yeah, my second question would have been "or has anyone heard of mwave.com?" I guess I can accept that. Having a bitch of a time purchasing though, they may need to debug the ol' checkout.

Counter-Strike (XBX) $8.25!

More! There might be even more than this, I'm just tossing out everything I find for $10 or less, and I'm just checking Xbox and PC stuff.

Counter-Strike strategy guide $1

Def Jam Fight for NY (XBX) $10

Drake (XBX) $10

Driv3r (XBX) $8.50

Fight Club (XBX) $10 (Heh heh)

Full Spectrum Warrior (XBX) $10

Hitman 2 (XBX) $8.50

Hitman Contracts (XBX) $10

James Bond Everything or Nothing (XBX) $10

Lord of the Rings Return of the King (XBX) $8

Medal of Honor Rising Sun (XBX) $8

Nightcaster (XBX) $10

Project Gotham Racing 2 (XBX) $10

Psi-Ops (XBX) $8.50 (Buy it!)

Second Sight (XBX) $7.50

Sega GT Online $7

Silent Hill 4 $10 (Assume the rest of this is all Xbox)

Sonic Heroes $10

Soul Calibur 2 $10

Spyro Hero's Tail $8.50

The Hobbit $6.50

Sims Busting Out $7

The Urbz $10

Ghost Recon 3 Black Arrow $10

True Crime Streets of LA $10

Van Helsing $10

Xgra $10

Edited the links out, since it looked like they'd give access to my cart.

Site has really weird pricing. Some awesome deals were posted which almost seem too good to be true but I was looking at DS games and Zoo Keeper was $36.xx.

If anyone else has gotten that far, tell me I'm not the only one getting ASP errors on the checkout page? Might have to wait till they acknowledge my email and fix it.

They have the same stuff and prices at mwave.com. I cannot find out anything about shipping until after sending the order. They make you agree all over the place that if you send something back, the shipping is non refundable and that thier prices are lower because of this.

I am worried that they have excessive shipping charges to counter their low prices. Anyone order yet?

There is a shipping calculator in the basket before you check out to show shipping, shipping for 2 games for me was almost $5 (didn't order)

You can check the shipping by doing the calculate in your shopping cart. It's $4.55 ground shipping to Ohio, which is bad, but which leaves the price still reasonable. I'm more worried that the site doesn't seem to be working and you have to pay shipping to return things. I think I'll just wait to see if I hear back from my email to [email protected] and go from there in the morning.

I guess I'll do a new post for cheap PC games I see.

Battlefield 1942 Deluxe edition (BF1942 and Road to Rome expansion) $10

Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome $7.50

Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WW2 $10

Battlefield Vietnam $10

Beyond Divinity $10

Commandos 3 $10

Delta Force Black Hawk Down expansion $6.50

Enter the Matrix $5.50

Everquest Chronicles V1 $10

Everquest Gates of Discord expansion $2

Gangland $8

Ground Control 2 $6 (Jebus)

Hidden and Dangerous 2 expansion $10

Hitman Contracts $10

Horizons $10

Joint Operations $8

Joint Operations expansion $9

Lord of the Rings Return of the King $6

Prince of Persia Warrior Within $10

Rise of Nations expansion $10

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 Time Twister $10

Secret Weapons Over Normandy $10

Spellforce Order of Dawn $10

Star Wars Battlefront $10

Terminator 3 War of the Machines $10

Sims Making Magic $5

Sims Superstar $7.50

Sims Unleashed $7.50

Sims Vacation $7.50

Temple of Elemental Evil $10

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold Edition $10 (Rainbow Six 3 and Athena Shield)

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow $10

Tribes Vengeance $7.50

Vietcong Fist Alpha $5

Edited the links out, since it looked like they'd give access to my cart.

Shipping for ground to WI is $9 for me. Still a good deal on alot of these. Not sure if I should order. Someone please confirm this site!

[quote name='Nephilim']They have the same stuff and prices at mwave.com. I cannot find out anything about shipping until after sending the order. They make you agree all over the place that if you send something back, the shipping is non refundable and that thier prices are lower because of this.

I am worried that they have excessive shipping charges to counter their low prices. Anyone order yet?[/QUOTE]

I thought about buying it on mwave.com, since GXPgame.com seems busted... but mwave.com does indeed seem to screw you on the shipping. It was $7.55 ground shipping for the one game, as compared to $4.55 on gxpgame.com. Super.

[quote name='Nephilim']They have the same stuff and prices at mwave.com. I cannot find out anything about shipping until after sending the order. They make you agree all over the place that if you send something back, the shipping is non refundable and that thier prices are lower because of this.

I am worried that they have excessive shipping charges to counter their low prices. Anyone order yet?[/QUOTE]

If the prices are the same as mwave.com we might as well order from them since they are the ones listed on reseller ratings.

EDIT: Nevermind, mwave.com has higher shipping for me (gpxgame costs $6 for me).

my gut says "its a trap" or at the very least they are screwing you on shipping.

some nice base prices tho, but are they new or used, complete, or disc only? i will let someone else take the risk of giving them money, some potentially nice deals but i am saving my money for the CC sale next week.

$7 shipping to Iowa. Looks all grand total I wanna order $70 worth of games from this place. Argh...

Edit: Well, when I do calculate shipping using ground it's $7, with 6 things in my cart. I'm trying to add a 7th, but having problems. More stuff doesn't really seem to increase the shipping.

Edit again: Well, I was able to squeeze the 7th in, and the calculated shipping went to $8.04, which doesn't seem bad at all for 7 games.

Total $68.83 Sigh... *Stares at wallet*

I've bought from MWave in the past. Always quick service, and the one time my order was wrong, the 2nd dayed the mistake out to me.

For PC Hardware it was nice as they didn't gouge on the shipping.

$6 for two games is ok, but not $1.99 :)

At the bottom of the Policies page, this appears...

"1 Refurbished products are products that contain components that have been owned by other clients and returned to GPXGame.com."

It's a footnote that doesn't reference anything on that page, or at least I found nothing in the text. Strange that it's there for seemingly no reason.

Well, I gave in and ordered Riddick and RotK and PoPWW and a few strategy guides. The total of the order should've been more like $38, but their "Total:" showed $27. Guess I'll see what they actually charge my account.

Also, I got the error message when I completed my order, but when I went to the order status page, it listed that. So I think if you ordered and got an error at the end, your order is actually in.

Checking this morning, it looks like one of my numerous attempts at ordering actually went through... $14.54 for Third Age is acceptable, just not as cheap as it initially seemed. Says its not approved yet, not sure what that is (CC validation?)

It's a trap!

...Maybe. As soon as any of you who bit get your stuff, please let us know. I'd love to get The Twin Snakes (I've beat it, but don't own it [rental]).

Didn't seen these listed yet

FZero GX for GC 7.75
NFL Stree PS2 9.25
Spiderman 2 PS2 9.89
XIII for PS2 9.85
Full Spectrum Warrior XB 9.25

This deal is great most of the games I was hoping to get on the cc deal this weekend without the speculation. Thanks!

[quote name='weizur']
This deal is great most of the games I was hoping to get on the cc deal this weekend without the speculation. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The only "speculation" regarding this deal is whether you'll actually receive the games you order!

I've ordered with them before I think they're ok. I had to call to get my order through though and all types of Burnout 3 and PoP WW are out of stock now.

looks like this was a one time deal because mose of the game prices are changing back to normal from the 8-10$ they were last night

well my order has been approved and is just waiting to be shipped so it looks promising that it will go through

Well, my order was approved, and they charged $27.17 to my bank account instead of $36.66, which is what the price of all my stuff was.

Kinda looks like it's gonna go through. I'm gonna be happy if it does, since I miss all the Circuit City deals 'cause there isn't one around me.

I called to cancel my order(s) since my connectivity and their site had been all messed up last night (got confirmation on 7 orders this morning, only one was mine). But having spoken to customer service, they cancelled immediately, so I'm less wary about placing another order after I see how much I spend at these sales this weekend.

well i just got off the phone with the manager and apparently someone sent an email asking them to cancel a bunch of orders this person is (Brian O.) so maybe he got confirmation numbers for everyone else's orders and mistook them for his own. They told me to just replace the order, but now alot of the items are out of stock or hte prices have gone up so this person might have screwed us all up, but it wasn't really his mistake if they sent him everyones confirmation numbers

[quote name='bball1515']well i just got off the phone with the manager and apparently someone sent an email asking them to cancel a bunch of orders this person is (Brian O.) so maybe he got confirmation numbers for everyone else's orders and mistook them for his own. They told me to just replace the order, but now alot of the items are out of stock or hte prices have gone up so this person might have screwed us all up, but it wasn't really his mistake if they sent him everyones confirmation numbers[/QUOTE]

Ha, enter me.

As stated, I got 7 or 8 confirmations, talked to customer service (apparently my email actually was read, though I hadn't gotten any confirmation of that), went through the first two or three (not mine), she said she couldn't cancel them without verifying CC number ("fine"), and then told her to cancel the one I had showing up in my cart (which was under my name).

Sorry about any trouble. They should really let you restore an order at the initial price though, that's kinda dumb.

I do like how they gave out my name though... you didn't happen to get a small order of credit card numbers with that, did you?

nope, didn't get everyones CC numbers, i was just trying to figure out exactly what went wrong, because my original order said today "cancelled per my request" but i never requested a cancellation. I bet their system got overloaded when we all placed orders last night. I hope i can still get a few things i ordered, but f-zero and others went out of stock by today

bread's done
Back