Lots of EB/Gamestop used game price drops (many under $5)

[quote name='evanft']You should mention the fact that they're used, and may not include box or instructions.[/quote]

You should mention the fact that they're used, and probably will not include box or instructions and disk will be scratched to gehenna.

I'll head over to my local GS in a few min (right after 3pm est) and I'll find out if these prices are B&M. If they are some of those will be MINE!

[quote name='slidecage']they are just clearing out all the old Xbox crap[/QUOTE]

Are you saying most of those games are crap? I certainly disagree.

[quote name='seanr1221']To bad these prices arn't B&M...or are they?[/QUOTE]

They probably are.

[quote name='seanr1221']To bad these prices arn't B&M...or are they?[/QUOTE]

In store also.I seen several of these price changes in the final days of the buy 2 get 1 free sale.I got confirmation it in store because there was one gs employee complaining about placing many stickers on price changed games.

grandia xtreme $24.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938369

ring of red 6.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938145

Tsuguani: Atonement 9.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938279

None of the in stock.It is better to get in store and look for complete copy or wait till the next buy2 get 1 free sale

[quote name='fatbeer']In store also.I seen several of these price changes in the final days of the buy 2 get 1 free sale.I got confirmation it in store because there was one gs employee complaining about placing many stickers on price changed games.

grandia xtreme $24.99
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=938369

[/quote]

Good to know its B&M, Im heading over in a min to see what I can get.

BTW: Thats not a deal on Grandia Extreme. That game was $12 at EB for the longest time.

[quote name='Puffa469']Good to know its B&M, Im heading over in a min to see what I can get.

BTW: Thats not a deal on Grandia Extreme. That game was $12 at EB for the longest time.[/QUOTE]

Not really a great deal,but it ok deal to add in during the buy 2 get 1 free sale.The $12 game you must be refering grandia 2 price.

Thanks, I noticed a couple of nice drops to $24.99(Hot Shots Golf PSP, Kirby DS, Advanced Wars DS) that should be nice for whenever they run another B2G1F deal. Also of note is PQ for PSP dropped to $19.99 new.

Oddworld Strangers Wrath $10

HELL YEAH.

Thanks OP. I have been waiting on this game forever. If only Psychonauts drops in price as well, I would have completed a collection of every single Xbox game I ever wanted.

OK, I just came back from the EB/GS nearest me. The Rockerfeller Center store.

The only game on the list that i saw was Oddworld Strangers Wrath, which is the game I wanted most.

The price as marked was $28. But the guy at the store said they were marking down everything so that had to be wrong. He checked and the used price in store was $20. He thought maybe the new price was $10 so we checked that, but new copies are $30.

So at the one B&M location I checked, they were not yet honoring the prices in this thread, so YMMV if you go the B&M route.

[quote name='Puffa469']OK, I just came back from the EB/GS nearest me. The Rockerfeller Center store.

The only game on the list that i saw was Oddworld Strangers Wrath, which is the game I wanted most.

The price as marked was $28. But the guy at the store said they were marking down everything so that had to be wrong. He checked and the used price in store was $20. He thought maybe the new price was $10 so we checked that, but new copies are $30.

So at the one B&M location I checked, they were not yet honoring the prices in this thread, so YMMV if you go the B&M route.[/QUOTE]

I hate rockerfeller plaza. that place is horrible unorganized.I rather go to 34st at least you can go to gs and eb at same time

[quote name='fatbeer']I hate rockerfeller plaza. that place is horrible unorganized.I rather go to 34st at least you can go to gs and eb at same time[/quote]

The store is a mess true, but due to its being underground, not many know about it, only tourists and office workers ever see it, and neither group are big gamers, so over the years Ive managed to pull some pretty rare games out of there.

I'll be hitting the 33rd st GS store on my way home fo sure tho!

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Are you saying most of those games are crap? I certainly disagree.

They probably are.[/QUOTE]

nope just saying they are cleaning out xbox games.... some of them are nice deals.. too bad i dont own a xbox anymore (will get another one once xbox fall to 49

Just went to my local EB, Hitman 2 & Dead or Alive 3 both rang up as $5. Plus the manager there remarked that he got in a ton of price stickers to put on games today.

[quote name='Jaket']:hot: :hot: :hot: hot :hot: :hot: :hot:[/QUOTE]
Streets of Fire hot!

center_sof.jpg

XBOX Games @ EB.com

$4.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six 3
Crimson Skies High Road Revenge
Enter the Matrix
The Thing
Bond 007: Nightfire
Blinx: Time Sweeper
Enclave
Alter Echo
Matt Hoffman 2
Back Yard Wrestling.
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Wreckless
Genma Onimusha
Project Gotham Racing
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Spy Hunter
Hunter: The Reckoning
Conflict: Desert Storm
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Knockout Kings 2002

Also for $6.99 Quantum Redshift, NFS: Uderground, & Breakdown.

I'm guessing if any of the above were not to have the original case, artwork, & manual, it would be Crimison Skies & Project Gotham Racing because of it being packaged some much that way with Xbox Live Starter Kits.

I played alot of these, and some are very much worth picking up for that price, complete or Not.

[quote name='suko_32']Grr..they wait for the B2G1 sale to end to do this..[/quote]

This is not the first time. I stopped buying games at their 2 for 1 in part because the prices go down after the sale.

I just think these price drops are funny because a lot of those prices are around the same as those games were at EB pre-merger. I know because when I worked there we were all making a big deal about how bad the prices were going up on some of those titles. I specifically remember new copies of NBA Live 2004 going from us having them at like 7.99 or 8.99 to I want to say either 24.99 or 29.99. Some of those drops are actually new good deals, but I tink a lot of them are just the people at GS coming to the realization that EB had those games marked cheap to begin with for a reason.

[quote name='Level Jumper']I just think these price drops are funny because a lot of those prices are around the same as those games were at EB pre-merger. I know because when I worked there we were all making a big deal about how bad the prices were going up on some of those titles. I specifically remember new copies of NBA Live 2004 going from us having them at like 7.99 or 8.99 to I want to say either 24.99 or 29.99. Some of those drops are actually new good deals, but I tink a lot of them are just the people at GS coming to the realization that EB had those games marked cheap to begin with for a reason.[/QUOTE]

True, I picked up some of these used games 2 years ago online from EB at certain price drops really cheap. I got The Thing, $5.99, Manhunt $6.99, OniMusha $5.99, and many others at this price long ago. I even found Hitman: Contracts for $4.99 "new" once on EB.com before I joined CAG.

I did so well on finding prices on EB.com sold 15 "complete" Xbox games locally, Rainbow Six 3, 13, and including the ones mentioned above for $75 even.

Oh, and 1 discount code per order sucks donkey too. GameStop, you bastard.

Went there to look for Outworld, but as others have said it's still $19.99 at B&M stores. Stupid merger. This is the first time the prices don't match their online store.

[quote name='dragonjud']Went there to look for Outworld, but as others have said it's still $19.99 at B&M stores. Stupid merger. This is the first time the prices don't match their online store.[/quote]

So the choice is to order it online and heaven knows what you end up with, or pay twice as much instore.

Ugh. Think I'm gonna pass.

Went to an eb and GameStop today and in both stores there were several employees restickering every game on the shelves. They all had massive stacks of games in their hands and on the floors trying to reorganize everything. Seems like they were dropping the price of every single used game or something.

The selection though was not very good, probably because they got picked apart with the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Didn't see anything worth buying at either store even with the lower prices.

[quote name='Skelah']half of the games are on backorder coudlnt they hire more staff for the website now that they are merging?[/quote]

I ordered some buy1get1 games off of EB's websiteat the end of march, and I havent seen them yet. I coulda swore I got shipping notices for them, but I cant check my email here at work, so I wont know for sure until I investigate later.

The website is a fucking mess, and Im not ordering anything from them until they fix it. Especially until I hear how peoples orders are showing up, are they disc only? Beat to hell? etc...

[quote name='Logain8955']Armed and Dangerous for 5 bucks is a steal, one of the funniest games ever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an awesome 3rd person shooter. For $5 this should be in every Xbox Collection.

[quote name='Logain8955']Armed and Dangerous for 5 bucks is a steal, one of the funniest games ever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Yeah, it's an awesome 3rd person shooter. For $5 this should be in every Xbox Collection.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I third that. Armed and Dangerous is a suprisingly great game, and well worth $5-6 bucks, case, manual, or not.

[quote name='retail sucks']Yep, I third that. Armed and Dangerous is a suprisingly great game, and well worth $5-6 bucks, case, manual, or not.[/QUOTE]

4th'd

One of the few games that tried to be funny that actually made me laugh.

bread's done
Back