Lots of EB/Gamestop used game price drops (many under $5)

[quote name='starman9000']4th'd

One of the few games that tried to be funny that actually made me laugh.[/quote]

I'll make it 5. There's even a bonus level you can download from Xbox Live for free. I still pop in that game to play around with the shark gun.

I saw that EB.com's Daily Deal is Buy 2 get 1 free DVD or Game.

Not bad, I'm heading back to the site right now to see what I can find.

EDIT:

Uh, nevermind it's that $29.99 BS

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']$14.99

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938780

Good luck actually finding one.

$4.99

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=938211

I personally think this game is 'legendary terrible' but it has it's fans so it could be worth a shot for someone.

Hey, looks what already dropped to $20!!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281453[/QUOTE]

I might just have to pick up the $4.99 game just to see what its like. Seems like it could be fun...

You can get unlimited sage new for about $3.00 (little less) in a circuit city. I found one a few weeks ago and the cashier looked at the price and was baffled a game could be so cheap. He even turned to the girl next to him to show her. Still haven't put it in yet to try it out though.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm a college student with no car so I can't get to the far away Circuit City (it would probably cost more in gas anyway). I have free bus as long as I'm here so I think EB would be my best option.

Thanks for the tip though.

Oddworld still rung up at $20 for me today. It was mint/complete (incredibly rare for the GS near me) so I bought it anyway and will return/rebuy when the price drops.

Okay, so we get the GS/EB merger in Feb/March timeframe.
Then, we get the B2G1 Free in April, followed by a sizeable price drop (causing some of the B2G1 Free games to end up being cheaper than even during the sale...rrrgggg...lol).
Could it be that this dropping in price is a way to clear out older stock in order to finalize the merger with store closures?

I remember when Babbages were bought out by GS and similar happened to stores located closely together. In one mall here, they have a GS on the 2nd floor and DIRECTLY below it on the first floor is an EB (and the stairs from 1st to 2nd floor is within about 25 feet of either store...lol). When they were in competition, being close was understandable. But now that GS owns them all, there really isn't a "need" for them to have stores all that close.

[quote name='depascal22']I'll make it 5. There's even a bonus level you can download from Xbox Live for free. I still pop in that game to play around with the shark gun.[/QUOTE]

6 it is, and make sure you guys try out the team's previous exploit, Giants Citizen Kabuto, on PS2 and PC. i think it's the british humor that comes off well in video games.

Picked up Armed & Dangerous, Nightfire, Ghost Recon and Max Payne 1 & 2. Oddworld was tagged at $19.99. Based on the recommendations for A&D from CAG and the cashier at EB, I'm anxious to play it.

OK i need some help, what are all thoes CAG codes which gives a discount and free shipping? I want to order Mech Assult and Max Payne off the site, i dont care all that much about the case for this price unless it realy does go to B&M.

[quote name='abhinav']OK i need some help, what are all thoes CAG codes which gives a discount and free shipping? .[/QUOTE]

:cry:

Sorry...give me a minute.

ebgames.com lost combining multiple coupon codes (and many other things) when it merged with Gamestop's website sometime last month.

[quote name='abhinav']OK i need some help, what are all thoes CAG codes which gives a discount and free shipping? I want to order Mech Assult and Max Payne off the site, i dont care all that much about the case for this price unless it realy does go to B&M.[/QUOTE]

You can use CAG15 for 15% off or SAVER for free shipping. If you order a small amount, SAVER is better, if you order more CAG15 is better. If you get more than $50 you can use CAG16 for 16% off.

You used to be able to stack CAG15 and SAVER, but no more.

Just a heads up, if you have an EB Games that still has any used PC titles, they just did a price drop on them too. I picked up 4 games for $.99 each today. Granted, they are older titles, but they were ones I never got around to playing when they were new. Thought I would pass along the info...

[quote name='ma']You can use CAG15 for 15% off or SAVER for free shipping. If you order a small amount, SAVER is better, if you order more CAG15 is better. If you get more than $50 you can use CAG16 for 16% off.

You used to be able to stack CAG15 and SAVER, but no more.[/quote]

Thank you. I am gonna go to my local Gamestop and if they dont have the deals i guess i'll just order the games off gamestop.com. Should be good.

[quote name='STATIC3D']Just a heads up, if you have an EB Games that still has any used PC titles, they just did a price drop on them too. I picked up 4 games for $.99 each today. Granted, they are older titles, but they were ones I never got around to playing when they were new. Thought I would pass along the info...[/QUOTE]

Ooo! Looks like I'll be headin out to EB tomorrow then. I loves me cheap PC games. Thanks!

I wasn't sure if anyone had mentioned this already but Metal Slug 4/5(xbox) is now price dropped to $19.99 NEW. The used version is still listed at $24.99 though.
I grabbed a copy today so this is B&M as well.

Went to an EB today, found Armed and Dangerous for $4.99, $4.50 + tax after my Edge card. Game and manual are spotless, EB stickers exploded all over the box, but in good shape. Thanks to those who suggested it.

I found Crimson Skies and Gun Valkyrie for xbox for $5 each - 10%. Crimson Skies is great, Ive been playing it on and off all day.

The big drop in used PC game prices is pretty nice -- probably deserves its own thread.

Here are a few of the drops that I saw while I was out and about today (all PC):

Warcraft III Battle Chest - $11.99
Warcraft III - $4.99
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $4.99
Age of Mythology - $3.99
Age of Mythology: The Titans - $3.99
Arcanum - $2.99
Railroad Tycoon 3 - $2.99
Syberia - $2.99
Syberia II - $2.99

And the $0.99 bunch:
Battlefield 1942 - (various SKUs for this: some came up $0.99, some came up $3.99)
Command and Conquer: Tiberean Sun
Descent
Descent 3
Etherlords II
Ground Control
Homeworld
Knights and Merchants: The Shattered Kingdom
Myst III: Exile
One Must Fall: Battlegrounds
Oni
Railroad Tycoon II
Sega pack w/ various Sonic games
Siege of Avalon
The Wheel of Time
Thief: The Dark Project

[quote name='TimTucker']The big drop in used PC game prices is pretty nice -- probably deserves its own thread.[/quote]

I've never paid attention to the PC games at EB/GS, but a couple of those prices are interesting. Do they bother saving the boxes and manuals if they get them, or do the stores throw them out like they do with Game Boy games?

[quote name='elmyra']I've never paid attention to the PC games at EB/GS, but a couple of those prices are interesting. Do they bother saving the boxes and manuals if they get them, or do the stores throw them out like they do with Game Boy games?[/QUOTE]

It varies widely -- I got a few things that came with everything, a few things that have some of the original stuff, and a few things that were disc only. Looks like I'll have to return one or two of those, though, since disc only in some cases = no cd key. At least with Warcraft III, it looks like Blizzard will send out a new one for free as long as you have a receipt within the last 90 days.

Wow i snaged 4 games for $15!
Mechassult
Max Payne
Brute Force
Armed and Dangerous
I got all the cases and manuals (except max payne didnt have a maual) but there are ton of stickers on them. Oh well cant win em all but i am pretty damn happy, thank you OP!

[quote name='TimTucker']The big drop in used PC game prices is pretty nice -- probably deserves its own thread.

Here are a few of the drops that I saw while I was out and about today (all PC):

Arcanum - $2.99
[/quote]

Arcanum is a GREAT game, if you really care about gameplay over graphics. The premise of Technology vs. Magic is a great one, and Troika (R.I.P.) does a great job with this. Should have gotten a sequel! Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends looks like it will expand this further, but with a RTS feel instaed of a Turn-Based RPG.

I went to a local EB on Friday. Armed and Dangerous was stickered at $9.99. I had them scan it just to be sure - same price. I went (literally) across the street to Gamestop and they had it for $4.99. Needless to say, I went ahead a bought it. You'd think all the stores would be "synched" up by now.

bread's done
Back