Lots of Guitar Hero Stuff on Sale at CC + Free X-plorer w/any 360 GH Game or Bundle

VxExLxVxExT

CAGiversary!
CheapyD Update:

Update: In addition to these deals, CC is throwing in a free X-Plorer (sold separately for $10) wired guitar with any GH Xbox 360 game or bundle.

iconcircuitcity.gif
Les Paul Wireless Guitar (PS3/360/Wii) $19.99
:360:Guitar Hero II Guitar Bundle - $24.96
:ps2:Kramer Striker Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps2:Activision Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps3:Peak Starpex Guitar for PS2 & PS3 - $89.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero III Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Drum Throne - $14.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Mic Stand - $12.49

Original Post:

the GHIII wireless Les Paul is on sale for $19.99 at CC, but ONLY the one for the PS3 is $19.99, and the 360 one is still $39.99 for some reason. i didn't price verify the 360 one in the store, because i didn't need one, but on the website they're still listed at $39.99. i'm not sure when this deal ends, but it's still one of the best wireless game guitars around, so definitely look into it if you need a 2nd guitar for RB or GH...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206603&cc_fm=Toolbox+Cart

also, the Mad Catz 3 guitar stand scanned for only $14.99 when i took it to the register, so i picked one of those up too. i don't know if it's a YMMV, because it is still listed for $29.99 on the CC website, but no one modified the price and it definitely came up half price when i went to pay for it. and this was at a regular CC, not one that's closing with clearance prices...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=215656&cc_fm=Recently+Viewed+Items

EDIT: a member said in this thread that the GHIII LP for the 360 is also on sale for $19.99, even though it's still listed at regular price on their website...

EDIT 2: if you're interested in a Drum Throne or Mic Stand for either RB or GH:WT, look at the other thread i started, because the Verge Drum Throne and Verge Mic Stand are currently half price at CC too...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WasabiJoe']From what I've gathered from reading the scorehero forum, the PS3 Les Paul is shit. It's something like the signal the wireless dongle uses creates a variable lag that calibration can't fix. It is something that affects all PS3 Les Pauls due to the hardware components they use. Both my the Les Pauls I tried had this issue straight out of the box which pissed me off. Supposedly the 360 ones are fine though.

To be fair, the lag is only REALLY noticeable when you're playing on expert and you need to downstrum a lot like on Barracuda. That's the song I used to test anyway. The World tour guitar handled it just fine, but both Les Pauls broke streak.

I just took the les paul back and got a refund with no hassles. I'm guessing you'll just have to wait till they sell the world tour guitars on their own if you want an extra one since that's the only wireless ps3 guitar that actually works.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply! I started looking now at the Les Paul issue and it seems to be all over the net. I got into the game late with Rock Band and stuck with those instruments until World Tour came out. Now I really wish I had done some research on the Les Paul's. Really was hoping they were good. All I needed was a durable second guitar. Guess I will have to wait until World Tour or Rock Band 2 guitars are cheaper.

Again, thanks for the reply. The only setting I play on is expert and I was wondering why in the world this guitar would break streak at random times compared to my other guitar which did not. Getting a refund tomorrow for sure!

[quote name='Gunch']Anyone know if the problems with the Les Paul occur on all systems, or just the PS3. Im thinking of trying to see if this is 19.99 at my circuit city, but wont bother if the thing isnt any good.

Never mind, found quick google showed that the problem appears to occur on all systems, might be why its so cheap.
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/0...box-360-guitar-hero-les-paul-problems/[/quote]

Are you a 360 user? If so, I can truly recommend the X-plorer guitar Circuit City has for $10! I got impatient waiting for Rock Band 2, so I passed the time by playing it on my 360. Needed a guitar to play with so I went with the X-plorer. It is the second best guitar I have played with next to the World Tour guitar. And that is only because I like the longer whammy bar. The wired X-plorer was a dream to play.

[quote name='Gunch']Never mind, found quick google showed that the problem appears to occur on all systems, might be why its so cheap.
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/02/19/activision-ignoring-xbox-360-guitar-hero-les-paul-problems/[/quote]
check the date on that, it's from February of 2008, when GHIII first came out and a majority of the original guitars had problems. the newer ones for the 360 are fine, and like i said before, i've used 6 different ones on my 360 and i don't remember ever having a problem with any of them...

I just got the 360 version GHIII from Amazon during one of the 15 days deals. I clicked on the "original posting" link in the link you guys provided to bring me here:
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2007/12/23/guitar-hero-3-is-broken/

Anyway, I found my problem to be among one of the more common ones:
"Some users of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 wireless Les Paul guitar controller have reported issues surrounding fret buttons not registering when pushed, wrong fret buttons registering, and the tilt sensor always registering tilt."

You just move a bit and the tilt registers right away. I don't have this problem with the Les Paul for GH: Aerosmith nor the guitar from GHII. Does this mean Amazon still has stock from the original launch? Should I request Amazon for a replacement, or would it be better if I just contact Activision?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone have the mic stand or drum throne? What quality are they? I really want something like that for Christmas and this is a good price.

Cheapy, go ahead and add that they're adding a free wired Xplorer guitar with all 360 Guitar Hero bundles or games.

[quote name='Se7en69'][quote name='Gunch']Anyone know if the problems with the Les Paul occur on all systems, or just the PS3. Im thinking of trying to see if this is 19.99 at my circuit city, but wont bother if the thing isnt any good.

Never mind, found quick google showed that the problem appears to occur on all systems, might be why its so cheap.
http://www.xbox360wire.co.uk/2008/02/19/activision-ignoring-xbox-360-guitar-hero-les-paul-problems/[/quote]

Are you a 360 user? If so, I can truly recommend the X-plorer guitar Circuit City has for $10! I got impatient waiting for Rock Band 2, so I passed the time by playing it on my 360. Needed a guitar to play with so I went with the X-plorer. It is the second best guitar I have played with next to the World Tour guitar. And that is only because I like the longer whammy bar. The wired X-plorer was a dream to play.[/quote]

Yea, I have the X-plorer, got it at launch with Guitar Hero 2. Id like a wireless, but not going to spend too much since I dont actually need it. $20 or less seems like a good price, but not if the thing isnt any good, but if they are fine now, im might bite.

[quote name='mitch079']Cheapy, go ahead and add that they're adding a free wired Xplorer guitar with all 360 Guitar Hero bundles or games.[/quote]

[quote name='Rob Loblaw']The 360 Les Paul is now listed at $19.99 on their site as well.[/quote]

thanks, updated the post! CC must really be trying to get rid of this stuff.

[quote name='serge2k']Anyone know if the stand still 14.99???[/quote]
As I mentioned yesterday, I did not have any luck getting the stand for that price.

Also, how long of a sale will this likely be? One week? It may be hard to talk the wife into us getting this until after the holidays.

Anybody know if the Guitar Hero II Bundle + Extra Controller (Free) deal is available in-store as well? The reason why I ask is I rather pay cash if possible. If not, I guess I'll just do an in-store pick up.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Does anyone have the mic stand or drum throne? What quality are they? I really want something like that for Christmas and this is a good price.[/quote]

I bought the mic stand and it is solid. I'm thinking of going back to get another one as a gift.

Pricing confirmed in Lansing Michigan west Saginaw Rd CC, but I took a different route and also confirmed that the west Saginaw Rd Best Buy is willing to price match with a printout from the CC website stating the price markdowns visibly (also gave a good time to use my BB giftcard from the hd dvd rebate).

*Don't know if this is mentioned else where but I found in addition to the CC discount, BB also has all their faceplates for the Les Paul & X-plorer marked down to $5.99 for licensed plates for the Les Paul such as Fall Out Boy, Smashing Pumpkins, Montley Crue & Panic At The Disco, and then graphic plates for the X-plorer at $1.99.

And I've still got cash to spend from the rebate gift card, =]

Just picked up an X-plorer for $10. Also picked up Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for $49.99 that came with a $15 giftcard. Used the giftcard to buy the X-plorer.

so i ordered 2 of the white les paul controllers for the wii and picked them up today. packaging looked okay, but when i opened them, both guitars had the aerosmith faceplates. anybody else run into this? will probably take them back and exchange them for the better looking ones that i actually ordered

Went to CC for the $20 wireless Les Paul for 360. They had tons of them in stock, there were probably a few rows of Rock Band / Guitar Hero boxes.

I ordered a Guitar Hero 2 bundle for XBox 360 and a Free X-plorer guitar for in-store pick-up on Sunday. Today, when I picked them up, I noticed that the total is only $14.97 for the bundle AND an extra guitar.

Here are the items show up on my receipt -

Guitar Hero 2 Bundle for XBox 360 $4.97
X-plorer Guitar $19.99
Price Adjustment -$9.99
Total $14.97

I'm already very pleased to get both items for $25. It becomes a smoking deal to get them for $15. Really happy today.

anyone think there is any chance the stores out of stock will get any in stock within the next few weeks? Are they sending any more out to the stores?

After the Red Octane disappointment, I would really love for this to work out. :(

I grabbed an official rock band Triple tree guitar stand for 14.99 I was going for the madcatz one but this one was all I found. I also got the verge drum throne to go with rockband for 14.99, and a single guitar stand for 9.99

got mine for $14.96 ...they also meesed my friends order when he got there ot pick it up but refused to give him the $24 GC

How is everyone getting it for $14? Is that just how it's ringing up at the store? Online, it's ringing up properly. If someone does in store pickup, wouldnt it already have the price and wouldnt they have already paid what is the price online?

[quote name='scum1']I grabbed an official rock band Triple tree guitar stand for 14.99 I was going for the madcatz one but this one was all I found.[/quote]
the "Official" RB Triple Tree Guitar Stand is made by Mad Catz, it's the same stand...

[quote name='Tamizander']How is everyone getting it for $14? Is that just how it's ringing up at the store? Online, it's ringing up properly. If someone does in store pickup, wouldnt it already have the price and wouldnt they have already paid what is the price online?[/QUOTE]

CC has a BIG 1-price thing now. Store/Web. Lowest price is what you pay.

I can confirm that I paid $16 for the GH2 and X-plorer bundle ... sweet deal, thanks OP! Now I just need to load up on the newer versions ... any thoughts on whether III or World Tour is the better buy?

bread's done
Back