Lots of Guitar Hero Stuff on Sale at CC + Free X-plorer w/any 360 GH Game or Bundle

VxExLxVxExT

CAGiversary!
CheapyD Update:

Update: In addition to these deals, CC is throwing in a free X-Plorer (sold separately for $10) wired guitar with any GH Xbox 360 game or bundle.

iconcircuitcity.gif
Les Paul Wireless Guitar (PS3/360/Wii) $19.99
:360:Guitar Hero II Guitar Bundle - $24.96
:ps2:Kramer Striker Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps2:Activision Wireless Guitar - $14.99
:ps3:Peak Starpex Guitar for PS2 & PS3 - $89.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero Aerosmith Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Guitar Hero III Guitar Bundle (PS3/360/Wii/PS2) $47.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Drum Throne - $14.99
iconcircuitcity.gif
Verge Mic Stand - $12.49

Original Post:

the GHIII wireless Les Paul is on sale for $19.99 at CC, but ONLY the one for the PS3 is $19.99, and the 360 one is still $39.99 for some reason. i didn't price verify the 360 one in the store, because i didn't need one, but on the website they're still listed at $39.99. i'm not sure when this deal ends, but it's still one of the best wireless game guitars around, so definitely look into it if you need a 2nd guitar for RB or GH...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=206603&cc_fm=Toolbox+Cart

also, the Mad Catz 3 guitar stand scanned for only $14.99 when i took it to the register, so i picked one of those up too. i don't know if it's a YMMV, because it is still listed for $29.99 on the CC website, but no one modified the price and it definitely came up half price when i went to pay for it. and this was at a regular CC, not one that's closing with clearance prices...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=215656&cc_fm=Recently+Viewed+Items

EDIT: a member said in this thread that the GHIII LP for the 360 is also on sale for $19.99, even though it's still listed at regular price on their website...

EDIT 2: if you're interested in a Drum Throne or Mic Stand for either RB or GH:WT, look at the other thread i started, because the Verge Drum Throne and Verge Mic Stand are currently half price at CC too...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea. Still it is a gift and looks more valuable with the rockband graphics on the box.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']the "Official" RB Triple Tree Guitar Stand is made by Mad Catz, it's the same stand...[/quote]

Blah, the deal didn't work automatically at the store. I had to get them to adjust the price and I did not get it for $16. They rang up the bundle for $14.96 and the guitar for $10.00. I guess I could return the guitar and sell the game so that I'll be making a small profit. I was just wondering if this clearance price would go down from $24.96 to $9.96 on Sunday.

[quote name='shoe478']Blah, the deal didn't work automatically at the store. I had to get them to adjust the price and I did not get it for $16. They rang up the bundle for $14.96 and the guitar for $10.00. I guess I could return the guitar and sell the game so that I'll be making a small profit. I was just wondering if this clearance price would go down from $24.96 to $9.96 on Sunday.[/quote]

You must order online and pickup in-store to get both items for $14.97 before tax. Everything is automatic, no return or manual price override needed.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']I wonder if we could pricematch the GH3 bundle from Toys R US and still get the extra guitar...eh...probably not.[/quote]

I highly doubt that TRU will give you the extra guitar if they price match.

Also I was wondering how long will these deals last? I really want to get the world tour guitar, but that Les Paul guitar for $20 is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='deeperblue']You must order online and pickup in-store to get both items for $14.97 before tax. Everything is automatic, no return or manual price override needed.[/quote]

That sucks, my store said none in stock but it had one so I couldn't that.

The Wireless Les Paul for 360 didn't work the day I brought it back. Like others have said, the detachable neck means that the connection is flakey and you could see that when you hold a note down it flickers on screen or doesn't even register. I opened it up and hard wired the neck to the body removing the spring connection and it works very well now.

For those interested, you'll need a T10 screwdriver and a soldering iron. After you open both parts up, you can see there is a similar looking ribbon going to either side of the spring connection. Desolder these and separate the 8 wires a bit on either ribbon. The ribbon should be colored on one wire with red. On the one ribbon red is wire 1 and on the other wire 8, so if you flip one ribbon so that the red ends DO NOT meet up you can just solder the two ribbons together really quick. I would test the guitar out now. After that, either tape up or hot glue the area and put the whole thing back together. After this you cannot detach the neck, but you have a working wireless guitar.

For me the $20 plus a little work makes this a decent deal since I prefer the Guitar Hero controllers to the Rock Band ones.

How's this for customer service...
I was purusing this great site last monday and saw the Xbox360 GHII bundle offer. I called a friend and told him about it. We decided it was worth the trip, so we placed our orders. Well, by the time I submitted my order, they were sold out. My friend got his though. So we hopped into my car and away we went. We quickly checked the video game section for any deals. There was a 6 foot stack of various versions of GH guitars and bundles in the center of the store. No GHII bundles though.
My friend stood in line for several minutes, finally got to the checkout counter and handed the girl his printout of the online purchase. She was gone for 10 to 15 minutes. When she finally emerged from the back room, she was only carrying the GHII bundle (no free guitar controller). She told my friend they didn't have any more of the wired guitar controllers. My friend gave her a look. Then another rotund dude who I guess helped her find the bundle reiterated that they didn't have the controller. So my friend said he wanted his money back.
Luckily, another associate witnessed this interchange and walked to the center of the store. When the girl was about to perform the refund, the guy handed her the wired controller he got from the 6 foot stack, said nothing and walked away. You could tell from the other two associates' sheepish grins that they felt like idiots. The whole pickup process that should have taken about 5 or 10 minutes ended up taking about 35 to 40 minutes. Glad to see at least one associate wasn't too lazy to go look. Maybe customer service isn't completely dead.
Anyway, my friend kept the extra controller and gave me the GHII bundle for Christmas. That was cool. Thanks, Cole!

[quote name='brother bendu']I highly doubt that TRU will give you the extra guitar if they price match.[/quote]

No I mean TRU has the GH3 bundle for 39.99, so you bring the TRU ad over to CC and pricematch it. but since you're pricematching CC probably won't honor the extra guitar deal.

Me and a friend found two Guitar Hero II bundle at our local CC today. However, once up at the register (and asking about the free Xplorer guitar for each), we were told that both bundles were bought online & that we could not purchase them (they explained that they did not pull them from the shelves as they were busy...) Needless to say, I was not amused, but my wife was even more pissed off. The acting manager did not budge, leaving my wife to go on a F-Bomb tirade... (Go Wife!)

I'm not sure if I feel like following this up with corporate, but it's typical of our local CC.....

[quote name='ntmonster']How's this for customer service...
I was purusing this great site last monday and saw the Xbox360 GHII bundle offer. I called a friend and told him about it. We decided it was worth the trip, so we placed our orders. Well, by the time I submitted my order, they were sold out. My friend got his though. So we hopped into my car and away we went. We quickly checked the video game section for any deals. There was a 6 foot stack of various versions of GH guitars and bundles in the center of the store. No GHII bundles though.
My friend stood in line for several minutes, finally got to the checkout counter and handed the girl his printout of the online purchase. She was gone for 10 to 15 minutes. When she finally emerged from the back room, she was only carrying the GHII bundle (no free guitar controller). She told my friend they didn't have any more of the wired guitar controllers. My friend gave her a look. Then another rotund dude who I guess helped her find the bundle reiterated that they didn't have the controller. So my friend said he wanted his money back.
Luckily, another associate witnessed this interchange and walked to the center of the store. When the girl was about to perform the refund, the guy handed her the wired controller he got from the 6 foot stack, said nothing and walked away. You could tell from the other two associates' sheepish grins that they felt like idiots. The whole pickup process that should have taken about 5 or 10 minutes ended up taking about 35 to 40 minutes. Glad to see at least one associate wasn't too lazy to go look. Maybe customer service isn't completely dead.
Anyway, my friend kept the extra controller and gave me the GHII bundle for Christmas. That was cool. Thanks, Cole![/quote]

Did you know if your order is not ready in 24 minutes you get $24 from CC? You should have got $24 for waiting so long!

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Me and a friend found two Guitar Hero II bundle at our local CC today. However, once up at the register (and asking about the free Xplorer guitar for each), we were told that both bundles were bought online & that we could not purchase them (they explained that they did not pull them from the shelves as they were busy...) Needless to say, I was not amused, but my wife was even more pissed off. The acting manager did not budge, leaving my wife to go on a F-Bomb tirade... (Go Wife!)

I'm not sure if I feel like following this up with corporate, but it's typical of our local CC.....[/QUOTE]

They should have sold it to you, it's not your fault they didn't pull it. With all the employees at a CC, 1 person couldn't have taken 30 seconds to pull them earlier?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']They should have sold it to you, it's not your fault they didn't pull it. With all the employees at a CC, 1 person couldn't have taken 30 seconds to pull them earlier?[/quote]
you guys really crack me up sometimes...

i mean really, so it's ok for the person that purchased them online to drive to the store to pick them up, just to find out that the items that they purchased are no longer available at that store because a sales associate let a different customer purchase them for whatever reason?!?!? and what about the person that paid for them online, that's going to leave the store he drove to empty handed, even though he already paid for them and received a conformation that they were in stock? was it his fault?!?!?

and it's X-Mas F'N eve, which is in case you didn't notice (and chances are you didn't) one of the busiest shopping days of the year for pretty much every retail store. people working in retail during the X-Mas holiday barely have time to go to the bathroom during their shift, let alone walk across the store to grab something that will (obviously) red flag when someone tries to purchase it at the register anyway...

[quote name='yodavigoda']so i ordered 2 of the white les paul controllers for the wii and picked them up today. packaging looked okay, but when i opened them, both guitars had the aerosmith faceplates. anybody else run into this? will probably take them back and exchange them for the better looking ones that i actually ordered[/QUOTE]

Same thing here, wife is a big Aerosmith fan though, so I don't really mind, nice contrast to the white one i already have.

[quote name='gsr']stupid question - is the Mad Catz stand compatible with xplorer guitars?

thanks[/quote]
a. it's not a stupid question at all...

b. yes, it is...

Went to get the GHII bundle, man oh man what is CC doing? I've never seen so many guitar hero and rock band packages in one place. I couldn't even find the GhII bundle in the piles until I went to the Television section and noticed they were literally lining the walls.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']you guys really crack me up sometimes...

i mean really, so it's ok for the person that purchased them online to drive to the store to pick them up, just to find out that the items that they purchased are no longer available at that store because a sales associate let a different customer purchase them for whatever reason?!?!? and what about the person that paid for them online, that's going to leave the store he drove to empty handed, even though he already paid for them and received a conformation that they were in stock? was it his fault?!?!?

and it's X-Mas F'N eve, which is in case you didn't notice (and chances are you didn't) one of the busiest shopping days of the year for pretty much every retail store. people working in retail during the X-Mas holiday barely have time to go to the bathroom during their shift, let alone walk across the store to grab something that will (obviously) red flag when someone tries to purchase it at the register anyway...[/QUOTE]

It would make sense if they were telling the truth, but alas, they were not. My little shopping trip to CC today to pick up a few clearance games & guess what I found at the store out for sale, the same two copies of Guitar Hero II in the same spot that we found them on Xmas Eve. I was going to buy the same bundle today, but without the extra Xplorer, I decided not to. Needless to say, I will be giving corporate a call today to ask if I can purchase the game with the extra Xplorer instead.....

Since my last post, I decided to buy one white (GH2) and one black guitar (GH3) for PS2 and they were $15 as reported. A friend of mine was down from Chicago so I brought them along and opened them there.

Turns out the white controller did not come with the plug in controller receiver that reads the sensor on the guitar while the black Kramer guitar worked fine and came with the receiver. Now I have to go back to Circuit City and hope I can exchange the white guitar [unless all I need is the adapter to plug in to the PS2 to read the guitar] with another one if there are any (For the record,I've never dealt with Circuit City when it comes to returns/exchanges.)

I went to circuit city yesterday and i got my Gh2 with the X-plorer guitar for only 14.97 + tax. It took a while at the service desk but since the X-plorer guitar is on sale they couldnt charge me full price thats how i got it at that price.:D

Is it confirmed the free Xplorer is dead? I'm thinking of picking up World Tour today and wouldn't mind another guitar. And is that wireless Les Paul for the 360 worth getting? Know the price is right, but with such mixed reviews on it I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on this one.

Thanks for the post, OP. I finally found a mic stand at the Ann Arbor Mi CC.

I don't know how we've been rocking without one for so long.

I am considering buying a mic stand. Will a mic from Karaoke Revolution American Idol fit properly? I'm not sure if it's the same size as the Rock Band mic.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I am considering buying a mic stand. Will a mic from Karaoke Revolution American Idol fit properly? I'm not sure if it's the same size as the Rock Band mic.[/quote]

Yes.

Does anyone know how much you can get for trade-in at GS for the X-plorer guitar? I ordered 2 and remembered how much i hate this guitar compared to the RB one so i want to dump one, hopefully at cost...

I ordered 2 les paul guitars for my 360 on the 5th. STILL didnt get them. They sent it through stupid FedEX Smartpost, which is the WORST thing EVER.

I just want 2 wireless guitars to play :(

bread's done
Back