LOTS of PC games under $5 at EB

Seriously, if someone passes up Deus Ex: IW for 1.99, i'm going to smack them with a bamboo stick or something.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I do all this typing and unbongwah beats me by a couple lousy minutes... *sniff* #-o[/quote]

And you beat me to pointing that out. I was literally just reading that thread.

Gonna merge 'em. :wink:

Yay! I win! I win!

Now where's my prize?!

Too bad I bought most of these when they were a whopping five bucks. Damn, did I get screwed or what?!

:p

CGW gave it away for free in the December 2003 issue along with some other games.

I.E. free, didn't have to pay anything for the game except get the magazine.

But.. if you did not get it for free off the CGW DVD, then this is an outstanding deal.

I got 3 games and added a $1 game to get FREE shipping and $.15 off.

Oh yeah.

And Eidos needs to pay me to play DX2

picked up the Dawn game for 99 cents . Tossed in a Junk ps1 game for 99 cents and Grabbed a Pokemon Video for 4.99 *never got it yet*

Total 7.12

been looking to by that pokemon video to see how good of a video player the GBA is but never had a thing i wanted to order from ebgames

[quote name='rallen']Someone tell me how to get the free shipping with a USED Ps1 game, please!

Thanks![/quote]

Any time you order a used game, you can use the coupon code SAVER for free shipping on your entire order.

[quote name='friedram']CGW gave it away for free in the December 2003 issue along with some other games.

But.. if you did not get it for free off the CGW DVD, then this is an outstanding deal.[/quote]

That was the original Deus Ex, man. December 2003 was the same month that Deus Ex: IW came out.

[quote name='friedram']CGW gave it away for free in the December 2003 issue along with some other games.

But.. if you did not get it for free off the CGW DVD, then this is an outstanding deal.[/quote]

The free one in CGW was the first Deus Ex, the one at EBgames is the sequel.

That CGW disk was the best PC gaming magazine disk ever though.

I got Deus Ex: IW and my computer exceeds the recommended requirements. Unfortunatelly, it still runs like ass.

I ordered Prisoner of War, Lords of Everquest, Alias, & Indiana Jones.

I already ordered Deus Ex, Commandos 3, & Republic last time they were $2 at EB.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']Can anyone run Deus Ex:IW smoothly on their computer? It seems very poorly optimised.[/quote]

A few reviews mentioned that you need an uber fast computer to run it but that was looking at last years standards.

For those who have played it in it's ass running state - what were you computer specs at the time?

SKU Qty Unit Price Total Platform Name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
224171 1 $1.99 $1.99 PC Deus Ex: Invisible War
224175 1 $1.99 $1.99 PC Republic The Revolution
224468 1 $0.99 $0.99 PC Mobile Forces
234956 1 $3.99 $3.99 PC Breed
235157 1 $1.99 $1.99 PC Commandos 3: Destination Berlin
239511 1 $1.99 $1.99 PC Joan of Arc: Wars & Warriors
242676 1 $1.99 $1.99 PC Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $14.93

Shipping: $4.99
Tax: $0.00
-------------
Total: $19.92

thanks for the info, not a bad deal eh?

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, if someone passes up Deus Ex: IW for 1.99, i'm going to smack them with a bamboo stick or something.[/quote]

I'm passing... but only because I picked it up for slightly less during the 75% off used games sale over thanksgiving.

Picked up:

1 IGI2: Covert Strike $2.99
1 NFL Fever 2003 - Pre-Played $1.99
1 Republic The Revolution $1.99
1 Mobile Forces $0.99
1 Commandos 3: Destination Berlin $1.99
1 Perimeter $4.99

Less than $16 with tax since NFL allowed me to use SAVER. Cheapest XBOX game they had.

Thanks OP, I got Lords and Deus Ex. Loved the first, and yes I know the second is a bit of a letdown :)

[quote name='siamesellama'][quote name='ayolykewhoa']Can anyone run Deus Ex:IW smoothly on their computer? It seems very poorly optimised.[/quote]

A few reviews mentioned that you need an uber fast computer to run it but that was looking at last years standards.

For those who have played it in it's ass running state - what were you computer specs at the time?[/quote]

IW is probably the worse coding job in the history of videogames. Just go to the Ion Storm forums to see all the problems and complaints. Only a handful of people can run the game with no problems or lag.

Honestly, I bought it too for $2, but just looking at all the potention problems getting it to run I regret buying it. You can tell how much the game sucks when you see that you have to fully uninstall the game just to patch it. And when you see that a patch adds basic things like a quicksave feature you can see how bad things really are.

I may just bave a game burning in my backyard.

[quote name='Scorch']Seriously, if someone passes up Deus Ex: IW for 1.99, i'm going to smack them with a bamboo stick or something.[/quote]

and ill help

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='siamesellama'][quote name='ayolykewhoa']Can anyone run Deus Ex:IW smoothly on their computer? It seems very poorly optimised.[/quote]

For those who have played it in it's ass running state - what were you computer specs at the time?[/quote]

IW is probably the worse coding job in the history of videogames. Just go to the Ion Storm forums to see all the problems and complaints. Only a handful of people can run the game with no problems or lag.

Honestly, I bought it too for $2, but just looking at all the potention problems getting it to run I regret buying it. You can tell how much the game sucks when you see that you have to fully uninstall the game just to patch it. And when you see that a patch adds basic things like a quicksave feature you can see how bad things really are.

I may just bave a game burning in my backyard.[/quote]

it is not that bad. The only problem I ever had was loading and I have a mid-range machine. I only have 384 MB of RAM and a Radeon 9600, and have never had a problem with the game.

the only problem is the loading. I mention that twice because it is fuckin horrible

If you want a really bad port check out MGS2:Substance. takes 7.8 gigs for a full install, damn near impossible to get the right analog stick to work (even went though all the FAQs people had written to get the game to work). After you exit out of the game, 50% of the time you have to reboot. You can only access contols before you run the game. There are other things I could add, but I will stop.

Scrubking wrote:
siamesellama wrote:
ayolykewhoa wrote:
Can anyone run Deus Ex:IW smoothly on their computer? It seems very poorly optimised.

For those who have played it in it's ass running state - what were you computer specs at the time?

I may just bave a game burning in my backyard.

for a 1.99$ its a no brainer to get the game deus ex iw!

Picking up Republic along with some PS2 games

Ive got a dell 4600 with the basic req. on EBGames, but i dont want this running like crap

Even though it got a pretty low score, the idea just seems so cool and its only 2 bucks

Just a note: You need a graphics card with vertex shaders to run DX: IW. I beat it on Xbox, and enjoyed it. It may not have been as good as the first, but what is? It's still a really good game in my opinion.

I picked up Deus Ex IW when it hit $2 before Xmas. Still haven't opened it, but the box is...weird :)

bah, I picked up Perimeter for $5 and Killswitch for $4 at an EB B&M last Friday so I thought I would try to get Alias and Commandos 3 for $2 each yesterday but the B&M prices no longer matched the .com prices. Granted Alias is probably a crappy game, but I don't mind trying it out for 2 bux, but the store price was 30 and then today the online price is also back up to 30. Sheesh, this game is on clearance at Staples for 10 bux but that's too much.

Oh well, thanks anyways OP!

I will agree that Deus Ex: IW is a pretty shoddy coding job. You know you've got a problem when PC's that run HL2 at a constant 60FPS stutter extremely bad with Deus Ex:IW. I also have it on XBox and love it. I'm near the end. I keep getting low on health, and I made a few bad decisions in the game, now everyone's trying to kill me.

Hey VL, when you played it and you get to that one city with the rival coffee shops.. did you ever go in the backroom and break in the safe? I opened the safe, killed a girl, managed to throw her legs in the safe, then beat her with melee weapons until her whole body fit in there. I closed the safe door, opened it, and took her out, and her legs were broke. They were constantly like.. bent backwards. It was kinda funny, when I threw her, she rolled around like a ball.

:D :D :D :D

Deus Ex: IW IS full of bugs all over the place! I played it on my PC and it got so annoying. After playing for over two hours straight and advancing to new areas, things that I had collected and worked very hard to get in the game, started dissapearing. This happened maybe 5 times before I got to a very critical part in the game where I was DEPENDING on that stupid object the get passed that certain part and if freakin' dissapeared! After that, I was so pissed that I said screw it, this game is sh*t! I was almost done with the game too. I mean, could these stupid coders write more worse code than they did??? Gawd, I should have asked for a refund.

PS
The actual gameplay is good, but it's not worth the gargantuant headache.

I can only assume that the people who are complaining about Deus Ex: IW have never installed a patch. If you go to Eidos website and download the patch for this game, it will fix most issues. It still has some bugs, but not nearly enough to bother the game, at least not to me. I was able to finish it without a crash or item loss after installing the patch.

bread's done
Back