LOTS of WB/HBO Box Sets - $5.99 @ TARGET (YMMV)

Cth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
SOURCE: DVD Talk Forum (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433459)

Found these at the Target in Belton, MO. I bought a ton of Dvd's and when I went back to get more, the signs were down for clearance. I'm posting a receipt scan just in case you all can get the same deal at your store. I'll have to get my mom's receipt but she also got Friends seasons 1-9 and Sex in the City sets 1-6 all for 5.99 too.

Yet again..... YMMV, or ability to persuade.

Oh, you might want to get a permanent host for the image too... all I could find.

OC: 5.99
Band Of Brothers: 5.99
Looney Tunes Season 1 & 2: 5.99
Macgyver Seasons 1 & 2: 5.99
Jaws 30th Anniversary: 5.99

scan2aw1.jpg

[quote name='Cmosfm']LOL, yeah, I can't beleive so many people are offering to pay so little for these. If you couldn't get in on the deal on your own, and you don't have any good friends that did, you should head over to DeepDiscountDVD and purchase them there if you really want them.

And no...I didn't get any.[/QUOTE]

Hey buddy some of us arent fortunate enough to get in on the deal. So it would be nice if some people would offer to sell it to us at cost plus shipping or a little more. We dont want to play full price like the rest thats why we are all here.

[quote name='flowery']Hey buddy some of us arent fortunate enough to get in on the deal. So it would be nice if some people would offer to sell it to us at cost plus shipping or a little more. We dont want to play full price like the rest thats why we are all here.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Well said. Its people with attitudes like his, that bring this site such a bad reputation, from some. When I get around to going to my Target this evening, hoping they continue to be as slow as the always are on these errors, I will pick up some for me and extras to sell at cost, shipping, and my time.

Not everyone that buys these are interested in reselling them to make a killing. Some are actually nice people that are just looking to help other, less fortunate members out.

I say if he wants anything that someone has, tough luck for him.

i'm not really interested in keeping the 3rd rock from the sun that i got. anybody want to make a trade? i really want to get season 1 of entourage. i'll do a trade straight up for it. if nobody responds within a week or so, i'd settle for any of these: monk, newlyweds, newsradio, oc, spongebob squarepants, and the pretender. pm me if you're interested :D

[quote name='craven_fiend']:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Well said. Its people with attitudes like his, that bring this site such a bad reputation, from some. When I get around to going to my Target this evening, hoping they continue to be as slow as the always are on these errors, I will pick up some for me and extras to sell at cost, shipping, and my time.

Not everyone that buys these are interested in reselling them to make a killing. Some are actually nice people that are just looking to help other, less fortunate members out.

I say if he wants anything that someone has, tough luck for him.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you and flowery. If I had known about this much sooner then I would of been all over it, but as is I'm assuming my local Target's have already either fixed the prices or pulled them. I'm going to check anyways tommorow just for the hell of it, but I have a bad feeling.

Craven, is there any chance you could grab MacGuyver Season 2 and Band Of Brothers for me? I would certainly pay the cost plus shipping (and a little extra as well for your kindness). Big thanks in advance. :D

[quote name='demomanTNA']I totally agree with you and flowery. If I had known about this much sooner then I would of been all over it, but as is I'm assuming my local Target's have already either fixed the prices or pulled them. I'm going to check anyways tommorow just for the hell of it, but I have a bad feeling.

Craven, is there any chance you could grab MacGuyver Season 2 and Band Of Brothers for me? I would certainly pay the cost plus shipping (and a little extra as well for your kindness). Big thanks in advance. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll keep an eye out for both, especially Band of Brothers, been wanting to see what the hype is all about. I am going tomorrow for sure, and will report back in the evening. Got a little busy today.

Wasn't able to check this out today, didn't get a chance to go out of town, but definitely going tomorrow so my bro can get his books for school. I will report back with the extras, if anything at all, that I am able to pick up. Man I hope this is still going on at my local Target, but most likely not. I don't think there are too many CAG or FW people within like an hour to an hour and a half of me.

Nothing at all at the Target in Orange, CT today, but I DID get Monty Python and the Holy Grail SE and The Gods Must Be Crazy for 10 bucks each and Baseketball for 5.50.

C'mon now TimPV3, you have to use stealth tactics when approacing this situation. Did you at least get to purchase the ones you already had?

[quote name='TimPV3']Since I got 12 sets last night and they got suspicious the offer is dead at the Peru IL Target.[/QUOTE]

You from Fatwallet?

[quote name='howlinmad']You from Fatwallet?[/QUOTE]
No, I took 2 trips and my buddy went in once. It wasn't going to checkout with 6 DVD's in one trip that gave us away it was the fact that we kept scanning DVD's, I guess the guy thought we were trying to steal them so he started hanging around in the area and probably noticed they rang up as $5.99. As much as I would have loved to make a big profit we ended up making $10 since we sold them for $7 and one person gave us $10

[quote name='TimPV3']No, I took 2 trips and my buddy went in once. It wasn't going to checkout with 6 DVD's in one trip that gave us away it was the fact that we kept scanning DVD's, I guess the guy thought we were trying to steal them so he started hanging around in the area and probably noticed they rang up as $5.99. As much as I would have loved to make a big profit we ended up making $10 since we sold them for $7 and one person gave us $10[/QUOTE]

You could of atleast sold them here.

[quote name='TimPV3']No, I took 2 trips and my buddy went in once. It wasn't going to checkout with 6 DVD's in one trip that gave us away it was the fact that we kept scanning DVD's, I guess the guy thought we were trying to steal them so he started hanging around in the area and probably noticed they rang up as $5.99. As much as I would have loved to make a big profit we ended up making $10 since we sold them for $7 and one person gave us $10[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight...

You bought 6 of them for $6 each, $36

Then you sold 5 for $7 each, then 1 for $10, $45

Profit, $9

For someone who would have loved to make a big profit, why did you sell $6 DVDs for $7?

Maybe I read that wrong, so just explain one way or the other.

[quote name='yeldarb367']So let me get this straight...

You bought 6 of them for $6 each, $36

Then you sold 5 for $7 each, then 1 for $10, $45

Profit, $9

For someone who would have loved to make a big profit, why did you sell $6 DVDs for $7?

Maybe I read that wrong, so just explain one way or the other.[/QUOTE]
I borrowed the money to purchase them in the first place and needed to pay it back that night, I would have eBayed them or traded them here if I had more time or if it was my money but I was in a hurry to get rid of them so I just sold until I broke even, then I sold that one for $10. Is it really something you had to go back and investigate like I'm doing something that wronged you? It's not like I screwed anybody but Target considering this was 9 PM and nobody in town knew about it.

I just thought it was strange that you spent all that time buying and then immediately selling. I'm assuming you realized you needed to pay it back right after you bought the DVDs and you had absolutely no other source of funds. Your bookie doesn't accept DVDs as payment? ;)

bread's done
Back