Loud cracking noise coming from my ps3

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i bought my ps3 slim the day it came out and its been fine up until about a week ago. When its just sitting there on my shelf it makes this loud clicking noise like something hit on the top of the case. its definitely coming from the ps3's hardware its self, like in the case.

Why is this happening? it happens about 2-3 times per hour, even when it hasnt been turned on within the day. its very annoying and i am concerned.

there is 1 rubber foot missing on the bottom...could the plastic be bending or warping?

[quote name='SynGamer']It's just the plastic flexing as a result of the heat inside the system, nothing to worry about, mine does it too.[/QUOTE]

My television does it as well. I have a big...i guess "Tube" tv with a large depth and the back makes the same noise when its on for a while.

I've heard the noise in other things before, i was just wondering if i should be concerned about it. But if other people's does it too, then im not too worried. thanks :)

Mine does it too. It just runs hotter then any previous gen of consoles, as long as it doesn't say "Xbox 360" on the front panel you should be OK.

bread's done
Back