Louisiana CAGs

[quote name='chaosrefugee']Harvey here, but I work Uptown. Currently unsuccessfully looking for a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Where at in harvey im in the back of Manhattan.
[quote name='SeanNOLA']Anyone in the GNO remember GameKlub out in Pre-Storm Metairie?[/QUOTE]

i use to go there

Hey all. I'm going down to New Orleans for a few weeks, and I was wondering if there are any good stores I should hit up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you guys seen the note on gametrader's door? They've been closed for a few days and now the owner of clearview has a letter on the door saying that they haven't paid rent and he's going to take them to court if they don't move out in 5 days. Looks like they're finally done. Hopefully this will lead to a big sale. This is gametrader we're talking about tho, so they'll most likely horde all of those games until the end of time.

^^lol yeah I hope so. And for all you Louisiana CAG's, if you are around a Sam's Club and you want an Xbox 360 you might be able to find an Elite Bundle that comes with everything plus an extra controller for $225. The item number for that particular bundle is 701139.

There isn't any at the Metairie Sams Club because I work there and I bought the last one but there might be one at the Sams Club in Kenner or the Westbank I'm sure.

Just a heads up to all of you who want an Xbox 360 for the holidays!

Im looking for a deal on a ps3, i know they arent many going around but if anyone know of any im all ears

On that note, does anybody definitively know what happened to GameTrader? I'm experiencing quite a good deal of Schadenfreude at the thought of them closing down for good (Goddamn used Greatest Hits games for $40 when you can buy them new at Target literally a few yards away in Clearview for $20), however, I would totally love to dig through their stuff if they need to liquidate.

Hey, Louisiana CAGs, Lafayette resident here. Anyone had any experience with the Play N Trade locations in Lafayette or Broussard? I went in and looked around a bit, and the prices and selection seemed right, but how are the trade in values?

I'm currently in New Orleans for a bit. Anyone know of some affordable eats around this place? Everything in the French Quarter is mega expensive, and the rest of the place is a little bit less than savory. I'm mainly looking for a good steak place.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm currently in New Orleans for a bit. Anyone know of some affordable eats around this place? Everything in the French Quarter is mega expensive, and the rest of the place is a little bit less than savory. I'm mainly looking for a good steak place.[/QUOTE]
I know i'm kinda of late, but you can try Texas roadhouse on the westbank expressway in harvey,la (westbank)

I live in the Metairie too. I never see too much around here for good deals. Target and Best buy never have any of the games I see posted in the main forum.

if anyone is curious about gametrader: they didn't pay rent and then tried to sneak out in the dead of night. the company started out as an ebay thing (intellivision games), and they always horded the good stuff and sold it there with retarded reserves. i can't think they'll have changed practices now. the original owner is in Europe or something and the current owner is an idiot... if anyone had their old ebay names you'd probably find the stuff being sold through those but i wouldn't expect a good deal. from the day you start there you're taught how to "conserve" as much money from the customer as possible.

i am the former manager for half their stores btw. i apologize to anyone whose childhood i whored off of.

...and anyone who is coming to town the best place to look is at target, their video game deals tend to be the best and most consistent. wal-mart actually has enacted a policy of not letting the games drop below the $15-$20 range. even for launch titles from five years ago (superman returns is $19.96). if you do need to go to wal-mart the best surprises tend to be at the wal-mart in harahan which is down clearview (south) off of the I-10. but it's still really iffy. sadly we're just not a deal friendly area.

I'm from Mandeville.
I have found a few things at the Toys-r-us in Slidell and the Sears in Hammond. Granted, they weren't great games but they were on clearance for $5-$10. So I picked them up. The Target clearance thread is something to watch closely. You can find some good deals without ever having to leave the house. They have the ability to search the store's inventory online.

Lafayette Here, And gemini, the values are ok, nothing that good on older games but if you've got a newer title you'll get the national average for it. Pretty fair i guess...

[quote name='pandabox']i gotta start checkin this thread again man[/QUOTE]
I don't know, it's been pretty dead.

Recently on craigslist (baton rouge) I saw someone looking for Gundam: Journey to Jaburo (PS2). I wonder if that was anyone here, because that is sure as hell a niche game (and a fun one).

bread's done
Back