Lowball sale ended! Made $430! Thanks everyone! *dances*

[quote name='preelude']i hope u guys know u need a JAP ps2 to play it right... or a JAP PS3 with B/C[/QUOTE]

I think most people [including myself, I wanted that :(] bid on it for collectible purposes instead of playing it.

Similar to how a store closes at a certain time and you can't purchase anything once that store is closed, it should be the same for this auction. For example, if Best Buy says they close at 9:00 then that's when they close, period. So if anything is bid 12:00 and after I feel the same rule should apply, that your bid must be placed at 11:59 or under because 12:00 is the "end" time.

I feel like a wimp, I can't decide who gets what. I've contacted one of my good friends to decide for me, Goomba478. May Neptune have mercy on your souls...

[quote name='Rozz']Similar to how a store closes at a certain time and you can't purchase anything once that store is closed, it should be the same for this auction. For example, if Best Buy says they close at 9:00 then that's when they close, period. So if anything is bid 12:00 and after I feel the same rule should apply, that your bid must be placed at 11:59 or under because 12:00 is the "end" time.[/QUOTE]

that is not a very good analogy.
if best buy close at 9:00 and I'm checking out at 9:00:01, best buy isn't going to reject my transaction just because they technically close at 9:00.

as far as which method is correct..... I don't think there is a "correct" way.
the op should make a decision either way.
one cag is going to be disappointed regardless of the method...

In the case of the guys that bid 5 on metroid fusion you pick the earlier one. I say anything after you said auction over shouldn't count. And if you guy by what Rozz says then anything with a 12:00 bid time is not counted then. Most lowballs end when the auctioneer posts its over and they count anything before that final post.

[quote name='wbc1228']that is not a very good analogy.
if best buy close at 9:00 and I'm checking out at 9:00:01, best buy isn't going to reject my transaction just because they technically close at 9:00.

as far as which method is correct..... I don't think there is a "correct" way.
the op should make a decision either way.
one cag is going to be disappointed regardless of the method...[/QUOTE]

That's not a very good analogy either, as this is not a "check out process". No one was in line to get these items and did not have a definite hold on them. They were simply bidding until the auction was over in which Riyonuk originally said was at 12:00 sharp with no changes and I would expect him to honor. I go by the rules listed in the OP. It is up to Riyonuk overall but the original rules said that it ended at 12:00.

[quote name='Rozz']That's not a very good analogy either, as this is not a "check out process". No one was in line to get these items and did not have a definite hold on them. They were simply bidding until the auction was over in which Riyonuk originally said was at 12:00 sharp with no changes and I would expect him to honor. I go by the rules listed in the OP. It is up to Riyonuk overall but the original rules said that it ended at 12:00.[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude, but your an idiot. I've never been in a Best Buy (we'll stick with that) that kicked you out if you were looking and not in line after close. I've been in a Best Buy as little as 30 mins after close, and not even near the check-out. Regardless, like you said its up to Riyonuk, but the way I see it, like with most lowballs, it ends at the end post, and anything before it is usually good. In fact, I can't provide post # to prove it, but I think Riyonuk said a few pages back that the lowball ends at his end post.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong, or just couldn't find it, but I didn't find the post I thought I read. Either way, its Riyonuks call and everyone should abide by it.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Not to be rude, but your an idiot. I've never been in a Best Buy (we'll stick with that) that kicked you out if you were looking and not in line after close. I've been in a Best Buy as little as 30 mins after close, and not even near the check-out. Regardless, like you said its up to Riyonuk, but the way I see it, like with most lowballs, it ends at the end post, and anything before it is usually good. In fact, I can't provide post # to prove it, but I think Riyonuk said a few pages back that the lowball ends at his end post.[/QUOTE]

So you were in a Best Buy 30 minutes after close? Why do they even announce "Ten minutes until the store closes, bring all purchases to the registers" then?

Okay...

The post where I said the bids ended, I actually saw the timer had run out, and even sat around about 10 seconds waiting to press "reply", so if I had posted exactly, I'm sure a couple of people would have been after me, instead of before. Since this auction was dv8mad's idea, I do think I should ask his advice. Like someone mentioned earlier, either way someone ends up butthurt :\

The whole point of this auction was to raise money, and I could use those extra dollars. Money cannot buy respect though. I'm trying to figure out how I can get a community vote on the subject.

[quote name='Vulgarism']So you were in a Best Buy 30 minutes after close? Why do they even announce "Ten minutes until the store closes, bring all purchases to the registers" then?[/QUOTE]

Because ideally they want everyone out by close, but they also don't want to refuse sales. Also, its really up to management, it takes alot to close a store, so they are all there at least an hour past close anyways, so it doesn't hurt if they let a few customers roam while they close up.

[quote name='Vulgarism']So you were in a Best Buy 30 minutes after close? Why do they even announce "Ten minutes until the store closes, bring all purchases to the registers" then?[/QUOTE]

And to think this prepubescent n00b (EarthBoundX5) who just joined a few months ago was calling me an idiot.

[quote name='Riyonuk']A poll has been added, let the community decide. That's what I say.[/QUOTE]

Great idea! Personally, I would say you should just make a decision and others should follow it since its your sale, but the idea to have a Poll is perfect.

[quote name='Rozz']And to think this n00b (EarthBoundX5) who just joined a few months ago was calling me an idiot.[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot, you are whining over a fucking game. Regardless we'll see what the polls say, I'm sure you won't get it.

And I joined years ago, some shit got fucked up with my account (password/email outdated crap), so I made a new one, so fuck off.

EDIT: Rozz -> Removed your post? What? Didn't want people to think you were a douche and thus vote you down?

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Because ideally they want everyone out by close, but they also don't want to refuse sales. Also, its really up to management, it takes alot to close a store, so they are all there at least an hour past close anyways, so it doesn't hurt if they let a few customers roam while they close up.[/QUOTE]

I worked at Target, and sure, management wouldn't mind a few more sales, but in the end, the workers on the floor don't want people running around after the fact, so they will usually try to persuade people out of the store by closing time. I doubt you'll find a worker who will say "Well, if you can't decide, take a few more minutes to figure out what you'd like."

[quote name='Riyonuk']A poll has been added, let the community decide. That's what I say.[/QUOTE]

I'm still sticking with everything before your post. I figure why put a closing post at 12 pm if everybody knows it ends on that minute. The closing post is to end bidding.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Great idea! Personally, I would say you should just make a decision and others should follow it since its your sale, but the idea to have a Poll is perfect.

You are an idiot, you are whining over a fucking game. Regardless we'll see what the polls say, I'm sure you won't get it.

And I joined years ago, some shit got fucked up with my account (password/email outdated crap), so I made a new one, so fuck off.

EDIT: Rozz -> Removed your post? What? Didn't want people to think you were a douche and thus vote you down?[/QUOTE]

I deleted the post because I didn't want to derail this lowball thread and I would suggest you to do the same. If you have a beef with me then take it through PM's and stop screwing up someone else's lowball sale. Besides, you called me an "idiot" when I was merely giving my views on a subject.

i dont mean to make things more complicated than they are but what is there to stop people from making multiple new CAG accounts to increase votes in their favor?

[quote name='preelude']i dont mean to make things more complicated than they are but what is there to stop people from making multiple new CAG accounts to increase votes in their favor?[/QUOTE]

Because you can get banned?

[quote name='preelude']i dont mean to make things more complicated than they are but what is there to stop people from making multiple new CAG accounts to increase votes in their favor?[/QUOTE]

Well, I would have never considered that, because I'm too nice. You've got a devious mind. I'm sure anyone with an account made in September would be pretty suspicious.

I think most people are a tad too lazy to do that, to be honest... Haha.

[quote name='Vulgarism']I worked at Target, and sure, management wouldn't mind a few more sales, but in the end, the workers on the floor don't want people running around after the fact, so they will usually try to persuade people out of the store by closing time. I doubt you'll find a worker who will say "Well, if you can't decide, take a few more minutes to figure out what you'd like."[/QUOTE]

Of course, lol, but the point I was helping support (that someone else started) was that you could still make purchases past close, thats really it.

[quote name='Vulgarism'] I'm still sticking with everything before your post. I figure why put a closing post at 12 pm if everybody knows it ends on that minute. The closing post is to end bidding.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, only reason posts on 12 (so long as they are before close post) are valid is because of the speeds of some people's internet. Hell, I'd be pissed if I put a bid in at 11:59 and it took so long to send the post request that it went at 12 and I didn't win as a result....So ya, end post is END post, lol.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Of course, lol, but the point I was helping support (that someone else started) was that you could still make purchases past close, thats really it.

Exactly, only reason posts on 12 (so long as they are before close post) are valid is because of the speeds of some people's internet. Hell, I'd be pissed if I put a bid in at 11:59 and it took so long to send the post request that it went at 12 and I didn't win as a result....So ya, end post is END post, lol.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we go from sorta completely disagreeing, to being on the same level? Hahaha

[quote name='Vulgarism']Correct me if I'm wrong, but did we go from sorta completely disagreeing, to being on the same level? Hahaha[/QUOTE]

I'm....not....sure.....lol, lets say noyes (or yesno if you prefer)....

Oh JESUS CHRIST you're still arguing this? I hate to be a stickler for DA RULEZ but dv8's rules are auction ends when YOU POST ITS OVER! That means Revolution gets Phantsy Star online (Sorry Rozz, I love ya man) and Dodgeme gets Final Fantasy Inetrnational. In the case of the two metroid guys, I don't know whether to award the first to bid or the last to bid since the time is ticking down. It's a toss up.

This is why I let my auction run a couple extra minutes, to let the smoke clear from the sniper shootout.

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Oh JESUS CHRIST you're still arguing this? I hate to be a stickler for DA RULEZ but dv8's rules are auction ends when YOU POST ITS OVER! That means Revolution gets Phantsy Star online (Sorry Rozz, I love ya man) and Dodgeme gets Final Fantasy Inetrnational. In the case of the two metroid guys, I don't know whether to award the first to bid or the last to bid since the time is ticking down. It's a toss up.[/QUOTE]

I know, I don't get why people don't seem to understand it

In the case of the metroid guys as Strell did it, the first person that posted the price gets it. I ended up with Phantasy Star 2 because of that.

[quote name='dodgeme']In the case of the metroid guys as Strell did it, the first person that posted the price gets it. I ended up with Phantasy Star 2 because of that.[/QUOTE]

That sounds fair, go with that instead of pulling all your hair out Riyonuk!

[quote name='dodgeme']In the case of the metroid guys as Strell did it, the first person that posted the price gets it. I ended up with Phantasy Star 2 because of that.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='handsome_rakshas']That sounds fair, go with that instead of pulling all your hair out Riyonuk![/QUOTE]

Based on the polls, its going to be that way anyways, lol

DAMN, these odd ending times are killing me. Im glad my ps2 bids held (thanks to handsome ;)) but man, im pissed those gamecube bids fell apart. Seeing those ending prices, HELL, if i was around, you would have made a lot more...

man, i wished you kept it at 6PM CST. would have worked perfect for me, and others seemed to agree. the worst part is that the people who complained when you changed it to 6, never even showed up to bid anyways! WTF! fail...

either way, i wont cry about it, glad i got half of what i wanted at least, so ill pay you as soon as you send me the total. and please, get me the absolute cheapest shipping you can. ;)

More proof we really need the ability to do countdowns within posts.

Voice your support for this here!

As for the situation at hand, the way I did it was I posted "it's over" and that was it. Bids before that counted. This meant I lost out on a good number of increased bids afterward, but that's the breaks. Good luck Riyonuk.

People posting the same price = the first one gets it, yar.

Riyo, are those the totals? Or are you giving us full prices via PM?
Either way, whenever I get it, I'll pay as soon as humanly possible :)

You know what, screw the polls. Revolution is beating me anyway, but even if he wasn't I feel that he should get PSO at this point. I feel that the OP would benefit from a few extra dollars he would be giving him anyway. I think that this should apply in general in this thread, the more expensive bid before the OP said "stop". After all, I'm sure Riyonuk could use every dollar he can get, and I feel in terms of the other argument that the higher bidder should get it as well. But that's not up to me; it's up to the voters, the bidders, and Riyonuk when it's all said and done with the Final Fantasy International deal.

[quote name='Rozz']You know what, screw the polls. Revolution is beating me anyway, but even if he wasn't I feel that he should get PSO at this point. I feel that the OP would benefit from a few extra dollars he would be giving him anyway. I think that this should apply in general in this thread, the more expensive bid before the OP said "stop". After all, I'm sure Riyonuk could use every dollar he can get, and I feel in terms of the other argument that the higher bidder should get it as well. But that's not up to me; it's up to the voters, the bidders, and Riyonuk when it's all said and done with the Final Fantasy International deal.[/QUOTE]

I'll take "Why is Rozz awesome?" for 200, Alex.

[quote name='Rozz']You know what, screw the polls. Revolution is beating me anyway, but even if he wasn't I feel that he should get PSO at this point. I feel that the OP would benefit from a few extra dollars he would be giving him anyway. I think that this should apply in general in this thread, the more expensive bid before the OP said "stop". After all, I'm sure Riyonuk could use every dollar he can get, and I feel in terms of the other argument that the higher bidder should get it as well. But that's not up to me; it's up to the voters, the bidders, and Riyonuk when it's all said and done with the Final Fantasy International deal.[/QUOTE]

My personal feeling is that 99% of the CAGers who do a lowball sale are people who don't care about that extra few dollars, but if you said Revolution should get it, then that's cool of you. Some people might fight over it, but letting somebody else take it is a nice move in my book.

Wow, kinda made a 180 degree move there, glad you either finally got it or gave up.

[quote name='asaraa']Agreed[/QUOTE]

Doubly agreed... I had no idea this was really bugging you Riyonuk. ;)

Although I will say if Mad D backs out, I'll gladly take this game off your hands... :lol:

Dang, I was going to bid, but this is pretty crazy! I wouldn't want to give the OP more reason to go insane, lol! Good luck deciding, man.

How does someone vote for one of the 11:59 bids for the one item and also the 12:00 bid for the other?

[quote name='dfg']How does someone vote for one of the 11:59 bids for the one item and also the 12:00 bid for the other?[/QUOTE]

...not sure what you are asking, but "Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II (7/10) [$25.00] - Revolution (12:00 PM)" before the end post "Final Fantasy X: International [$21.00] - DoubleEcksZero (12:00 PM)" occurred after. I think thats the answer your looking for...?

I don't know the rules because they're not listed anymore but a lowball sale should end at the specified time and not after the topic creator says it's over. I believe when someone says something ends at a certain time, exactly that time is the end. If it ends at 12, only 11:59 posts should be accepted. Think Cinderella. Cinderella doesn't have an extra 59.999~ seconds before she changes back. There should be no argument as far as the 11:59 votes go. The first person to make the same bid should be the winner... even if I don't know who the **** is Mad D and am love with freakyzeeky's trophy collection.

All my opinion of course.

Made my votes. If I remember correctly, you stated in the OP that you would be posting when the auction was over. Everything before should count. Nothing after should count.

Once again, this is exactly why I only make an end post and never post an end time.

Okay, question. I've been receiving numerous PayPal earnings, and all are being deducted about a dollar or two. What gives? One transaction was deducted over eight dollars. I also assume I'll be paying shipping, so how much money am I going to lose on this >_

bread's done
Back