LoZ:Twilight Princess... Wii or Cube?

anarchyburger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
i have a huge dilemna... im a huge LoZ fan and i have been waiting for this new zelda for a long time now but now i dont know whether i should get it on cube or on Wii...... its eaither play it traditionally on cube or looking goofy playing it on wii w/ a new and diffrerent contoller... hmmm neeed sum help

:lol: How many people do you play Zelda games in front of that you would worry about looking goofy?

I can't really help you as I'm foolishly getting both versions. Ah well.

It's not like the new controler is going to be used for all that much in the Wii version. Plus if you are afraid of looking like a dumbass then maybe you shouldn't buy the Wii. I think some of the best times will be playing with friends and looking like a complete dumbass while doing it.

Plus I'll be 21 when it comes out, all the drunken parties to be had. :D

[quote name='anarchyburger']i have a huge dilemna... im a huge LoZ fan and i have been waiting for this new zelda for a long time now but now i dont know whether i should get it on cube or on Wii...... its eaither play it traditionally on cube or looking goofy playing it on wii w/ a new and diffrerent contoller... hmmm neeed sum help[/QUOTE]

Both... One for the GF who is a HUGE Zelda fan and one for me... I assume I'll get the Wii version and give her the GCN since she'll probably hold up on the Wii console until she has given mine a spin.

[quote name='David85']Plus if you are afraid of looking like a dumbass then maybe you shouldn't buy the Wii. I think some of the best times will be playing with friends and looking like a complete dumbass while doing it.[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='willardhaven']There has to be a traditional option for the Wii version.

I'll be getting the GC version if there isn't.[/quote]
Why would they make a traditional option in the Wii version? If you want to play it traditionally, then the GC version IS the traditional option, since it plays on the Wii.

I sold my GC in anticipation of the Wii and playing the new Zelda on the Wii. However, I saved a couple GC controllers in case the wand control sucks (and for MKDD). The play control in WW was probably my favorite feature of that game, and if it holds up in TP, I would imagine that I'll prefer the GC controls to those of the Wii.

I'm honestly sitting on the fence till we get a little closer to launch and maybe get some more solid previews/reviews. From what I've seen now, the Wii-specific features look to be completely tacked on and maybe even a bit awkward, leaving slightly better graphics/sound and widescreen the only real selling points in my estimation.

so will there be any traditional way to play it on the wii? wat ever happened to that funky cradle controller that was jus like a cube controller but w/ a slot to put the wii-mote in..... r they still making sumthing like that for the wii so that some games can b played traditionally? .....or r they goin to make sum kind of addon like that for the games that require a normal game contoller?

I'm sure there is a way to play with the GC controler on the Wii version. All the Wii version is is a super GC version. They added fishing with the Wiimote and shit, that's it. Plusif SSB. has the opinion I'm sure that Zelda will too.

As others have pointed out, companies have made goofy controls and accesories before and they fail. If the Wii-mote is optional on the wii and you can just use a standard gamecube control, a LOT of people wont' use the wii-mote, so it starts to be ignored and eventually all we're left with is Gamecube version 2. They will probably force the wii-mote on people. Honestly I don't mind that much.

Well some games will use just the wiimote. This Zelda game is not a true Wii game. The next Zelda should be a true Wii game and will use the Wiimote.

[quote name='willardhaven']There has to be a traditional option for the Wii version.

I'll be getting the GC version if there isn't.[/QUOTE]
I would think so too.. at e3 it was kinda suspicious how they said something along the lines of "North America will get a gamecube version as well as a wii version." Don't remember the exact quote but it gave me the idea that Japan would only have the wii version.. if it were true then I don't see how they would deprive it of traditional controls..

I will get it on the wii most probably. Actually that version already would have been pre-ordered by now, if possible(damn you gamestop!).

But I do have...not quite doubts, but things I am wondering about...like if you can change sensitivity, if Navi will be getting in the way and annoying as a cursor with wings, and the big one: what if anything they did differently with horseback riding to accomidate the wii-mote. Because horseback was one of the big draws when I first saw it in action in the previous e3, since then haven't heard a thing about it. If they did it right, it could be alot more fun. If not, it might be the opposite.

I guess I'll just need to try it out or read some reviews right about launch time to make my mind up for sure. Of course, I don't think looking goofy in front of ppl should be a concern at all. I think that is pretty much a given(and one totally worth it) with buying a Wii console.

[quote name='SlippyToad']I would think so too.. at e3 it was kinda suspicious how they said something along the lines of "North America will get a gamecube version as well as a wii version." Don't remember the exact quote but it gave me the idea that Japan would only have the wii version.. if it were true then I don't see how they would deprive it of traditional controls..[/QUOTE]

We're getting it because, believe it or not, the Gamecube sold decent here. It's like a final present for us. It sold like total shit in the other territories (yes, even Japan where it sold like 2-3mil).

[quote name='SMMM']We're getting it because, believe it or not, the Gamecube sold decent here. It's like a final present for us. It sold like total shit in the other territories (yes, even Japan where it sold like 2-3mil).[/quote]
Quite true. 4 million in Japan, over 11 million in the US. But anyway, I don't know that the E3 quote really means anything. Notice how they didn't show any games that were going to be launched in Japan, but not the US?

[quote name='anarchyburger']so will there be any traditional way to play it on the wii? wat ever happened to that funky cradle controller that was jus like a cube controller but w/ a slot to put the wii-mote in..... r they still making sumthing like that for the wii so that some games can b played traditionally? .....or r they goin to make sum kind of addon like that for the games that require a normal game contoller?[/quote]

That was an IGN.com mock up. I.E. Not real.

I will be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if the Wii version doesn't allow the player to choose between using the Wand controls or GC controls. From what I've read (e.g. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/21/zelda-twilight-princess-to-be-near-identical-on-wii-gamecube/) the two versions are nearly identical, with the Wii containing only the added functionality of the Wand. I don't see why Nintendo would take the time to remove the GC controls from the Wii version, especially seeing as how the Wii has 4 ports for GC controllers. It don't add up.

[quote name='dothog']I will be shocked -- SHOCKED -- if the Wii version doesn't allow the player to choose between using the Wand controls or GC controls. From what I've read (e.g. http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/21/zelda-twilight-princess-to-be-near-identical-on-wii-gamecube/) the two versions are nearly identical, with the Wii containing only the added functionality of the Wand. I don't see why Nintendo would take the time to remove the GC controls from the Wii version, especially seeing as how the Wii has 4 ports for GC controllers. It don't add up.[/QUOTE]

Like someone earlier said, it's a good possibility it won't have two options, since they might try to force the wand on us so we can get used to it.

[quote name='FurryCurry']I'm so confused now. Are both versions of the game going to cost the same?

I'm going to wait for a review of both versions instead of buying it at launch. Thanks Nintendo for putting me on the fence.[/quote]

Yeah, they should cost the same. It looks like we're not getting any limited edition copy of the game, either.

I was hoping for that gold Triforce tin, and soundtrack. :(

[quote name='FurryCurry']I'm so confused now. Are both versions of the game going to cost the same?

I'm going to wait for a review of both versions instead of buying it at launch. Thanks Nintendo for putting me on the fence.[/quote]
Luckily for Nintendo, huge games get review copies out well in advance of launch, so you can wait for a review AND buy it at launch.

wouldnt it be better to play LoZ: TP in its original form on the gamecube? since it is truely a gamecube game and not actually a wii game, but just adapted for the wii-mote, i think it would be better to just play it in its original form rather than on the wii because being able to play it on the wii is just an added bonus for waiting after that big delay.... haha i confused myself a bit did that make any sense?

I haven't decided yet. I'm reluctant to get a Wii at launch, as I have little time for games this fall, and even less funds, and a backlog of crap to play as is.

So I'll probably just wait for reviews. If the Wii version is superior, I'll hold off and get it when I pick up the console. If not, I'll just pick up the GC version.

I'm surprised this bit o' news didn't get added to this thread (yes it has it's own thread but it seems appropriate here as it may sway people one way or the other vs the GC version):

http://wii.ign.com/articles/726/726748p1.html

Basically, you WILL use the Wiimote (in swinging fashion) to swing Link's sword. This makes the gameplay very different (not just using the Wiimote to point for arrows, fishing).

We'll just have to trust that this will work. I'm still leaning towards the Wii version - the 16x9 probably seals it for me, as that makes a huge difference on my 51" (Sony - heh heh) TV.

Now if all the damn retailers would just drop the Wii version back down to $49.99 (it is $59.99 at EB/GS and Gamerush). Right now I have both preordered at GR just in case. The lack of a special edition means I can keep the preorder there and not mess with EB/GS. If the Wii version gets good reviews and GR drops it to $49.99 I can just switch the GC Zelda to some other Wii launch game.

[quote name='anarchyburger']wouldnt it be better to play LoZ: TP in its original form on the gamecube? since it is truely a gamecube game and not actually a wii game, but just adapted for the wii-mote, i think it would be better to just play it in its original form rather than on the wii because being able to play it on the wii is just an added bonus for waiting after that big delay.... haha i confused myself a bit did that make any sense?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Wii version for me.

GC for me, I really am not excited about swinging a TV remote to play Zelda.

(I like the system because of the Excitetruck style of gameplay, tilting the controller once in a while to add power, other than that, I prefer a joystick and buttons)

[quote name='willardhaven']GC for me, I really am not excited about swinging a TV remote to play Zelda.

(I like the system because of the Excitetruck style of gameplay, tilting the controller once in a while to add power, other than that, I prefer a joystick and buttons)[/quote]

Don't you have to tilt the Wii-mote the whole time to steer? I thought when you shake it, you get the power boost.

[quote name='yukine']Don't you have to tilt the Wii-mote the whole time to steer? I thought when you shake it, you get the power boost.[/quote]

My mistake.

I think it's just hitting me that this console isn't much more than a cube with more features. I was just looking for something worth getting excited about for the next generation. So far there really isn't anything for me.

[quote name='willardhaven']My mistake.

I think it's just hitting me that this console isn't much more than a cube with more features. I was just looking for something worth getting excited about for the next generation. So far there really isn't anything for me.[/QUOTE]

What are you looking for?

There are the normal games with great graphics on the 360 and the Wii has a new way to play. What else to you want?

[quote name='Quackzilla']Gamecube, because I am too much of a cheap bastard to buy a Wii.[/quote]

We'll see about that... you'll break!

Depends on when I'm buying the Wii. Unless something seriously changes my mind between now and the Wii's launch, I'll be waiting for at least one price drop to buy the console. In that case, I'll probably buy Twilight Princess for the Cube. I'm still not sold on the Wii-mote and honestly think I'd prefer Zelda gameplay with a traditional controller anyway.

bread's done
Back