LoZ: Twilight Princess

I cant compare it to the wii but it looks good on my hdtv but a bit grainy in some areas and the gameplay is the same as the n64 games.

Played it for a few hours last night, been a while since I played a LoZ game so it took me a little while to get used to the controls again. Wolf form drove me nuts for a while, but I got used to it. I'm about halfway through the Forest Temple right now, I really like the story so far, gameplay is solid. I wish I could play it on widescreen mode though, really miss that, but the graphics are good. If you like the other LoZ games, you'll like this one.

My friend called Circuit City in Albany, NY on Monday, and was told it would be in 1pm on Tuesday. We go in at 1:30, I ask for the game...the guy tells me their store hasn't gotten them yet, and then I see the ad saying 5. Argh.

So, head over to Best Buy in the mall and we grab the last 2 copies on the shelf. As we walk away, an employee with a head set is asking someone in the back room if they have anymore copies for the customer he's assisting. Guess we got there just in time :)

PRMega, I'm not sure if my experience is similar to yours or not. I went into Best Buy at around 2:30 and found NO copies on the shelf, but I spied ONE sitting near a computer that they use to check inventory (or so I'd guess), so I snatched it up. Were the copies you found in the normal Gamecube section? I looked all over the videogame area...

[quote name='SDC']PRMega, I'm not sure if my experience is similar to yours or not. I went into Best Buy at around 2:30 and found NO copies on the shelf, but I spied ONE sitting near a computer that they use to check inventory (or so I'd guess), so I snatched it up. Were the copies you found in the normal Gamecube section? I looked all over the videogame area...[/QUOTE]

Yep, right in the normal game section. However, my friend decided last minute that he was gonna wait to see if it was any good (like he needs to ask!) and ended up just leaving it up front near the cashiers. The copy you found was probably working it's way back toward the game section :)

This game is just great. The sole reason why I bought a gamecube 2 years ago was because I found out this was coming out. I am complete :bouncy:

[quote name='Spades22']Gah I want some reviews. Want to see how Wii/GC compare.[/quote]
Everything is mirrored in the two versions (Or just link?). The controls are different. I can't see anything else being all that different aside from a few Wiimote driven minigames.

Have I missed my chance to find this in stock anywhere? I just realized the gamecube version is out now, but I'm a few days late. Are available copies of this long gone by now in most stores?

[quote name='delirium266']Have I missed my chance to find this in stock anywhere? I just realized the gamecube version is out now, but I'm a few days late. Are available copies of this long gone by now in most stores?[/QUOTE]
I just picked up a copy last night at Circuit City for $37.99. There was only one left after I got mine though. You'll probably just have to check around at Circuit City, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, etc...

I don't mind paying $50 for a Zelda game. Well worth the price especially when I'm used to playing $60 for Xbox 360 games. That said, I did find it at Best Buy. They had around 5-10 copies on the shelf.

[quote name='botticus']The man is consistently inconsistent; Gerstman over at GameSpot gives the GC version an 8.9.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=750369

So yeah, even though he says that the controls feel more precise on the Wii version, and everything else is the same, the GC version gets a .1 bump. I don't understand this man.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. The Gamespot interface even says the Wii version is the best, but the Gamecube version is rated higher.

[quote name='botticus']The man is consistently inconsistent; Gerstman over at GameSpot gives the GC version an 8.9.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=750369

So yeah, even though he says that the controls feel more precise on the Wii version, and everything else is the same, the GC version gets a .1 bump. I don't understand this man.[/quote] Some of that has to do with the two games being on separate platforms. What I gathered is that the game looks good for a GameCube game, but he feels the Wii version should look better, considering it is a more powerful console. Gamespot proclaims that they try to keep scores relative to a game's respective platform. It's under the "about our review system" link or something. Whether or not they achieve this is subject to debate.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']Some of that has to do with the two games being on separate platforms. What I gathered is that the game looks good for a GameCube game, but he feels the Wii version should look better, considering it is a more powerful console. Gamespot proclaims that they try to keep scores relative to a game's respective platform. It's under the "about our review system" link or something. Whether or not they achieve this is subject to debate.[/quote]
That's what I was thinking.

This is "the best" of what the Gamecube can do, so it gets an 8.9. Where as, Jeff probably feels that the Wii is capable of more, and thus that version of Twilight Princess gets a slightly lower score.

I've seen it at Target multiple times, and previous posters seem to have had good luck with K-mart.

[quote name='uberzone']Is it to late to pick this game up anywhere?[/quote]

[quote name='uberzone']Is it to late to pick this game up anywhere?[/quote]There were about 12 copies at my Circuit City a few days ago.

I've played both and I have to say that the GC version is better for controlling Link himself, and the Wii is better for controlling first person items.

Not being able to move the camera properly on the Wii is a fatal flaw IMO.

Weapons in TP seem a lot easier to use though...they seem to have a larger hit range. Unlike WW or OOT that I've played you had to be exactly accurate for some items and then it took a little bit to get the cursor there by moving the control stick...but with TP I've had no problems. It's so easy to aim anyways...

bread's done
Back