Lucky FF7 find

FallMoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
A little bit ago, I was searching all over for Final Fantasy 7. I went to all of the EB games/Gamestops/Pawnshops within 30 minutes of my house, but none of them had it. One of the EB Games sales guys said to go to this one gamestop in Maryland, because they have a lot of old games or something. So, I got really lost on the way there, so it took me about an hour to get there. I went up to the counter and asked if they had FF7 for PS1, and recieved a blatant "no". However, the guy in line next to me who had just finished paying said he had FF7 in his car. I thought might be trying to kidnap me or something weird like that, but I said okay. So we went outside and he sold it to me in mint condition with the jewel care/discs/manual for $10. It was really ironic that I had gotten there just at the right time to find that guy, and that I got it so cheap.

Note to self: To kidnap people, stand in a gamestop and say that you have a copy of FF7 in your car.

[quote name='naes']Sure, you beat it in 4 hours, paid 10 bucks for it and sold it for a 70 dollar profit.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant that he got a while ago, beat it, and then sold it.

[quote name='FallMoon']A little bit ago, I was searching all over for Final Fantasy 7. I went to all of the EB games/Gamestops/Pawnshops within 30 minutes of my house, but none of them had it. One of the EB Games sales guys said to go to this one gamestop in Maryland, because they have a lot of old games or something. So, my mom got really lost on the way there, so it took us about an hour to get there. I went up to the counter and asked if they had FF7 for PS1, and recieved a blatant "no". However, the guy in line next to me who had just finished paying said he had FF7 in his car. I thought might be trying to kidnap me or something weird like that, but I said okay. So we went outside and he sold it to me in mint condition with the jewel care/discs/manual for $10. It was really ironic that I had gotten there just at the right time to find that guy, and that I got it so cheap.[/QUOTE]

dude i hope he didnt steal that from someone cause the cops will come looking for you. i got a N64 from a pawn shop and 5 days later i found out the item was ripped off. The cops came knocking on my door and i had to tell them what i did with it. I had to go down and file a report that i did not know that is was hot.

and hopefully it wasnt a bootleg

He said a little bit ago, which usually means a very short time frame...
[quote name='Vinny']I think he meant that he got a while ago, beat it, and then sold it.[/quote]

[quote name='FallMoon']I played it through, and sold it. I couldn't resist the 80 dollars someone offered me.[/quote]

That makes me question why exactly my copy is still on my shelf.

[quote name='greattastic']That makes me question why exactly my copy is still on my shelf.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I have my original '97 copy (which is in pretty rough shape, I have to say...and I can't believe the game is over nine years old already), and I picked up another sealed GH version when they were starting to fade from existence last spring.
Then again, even if I could get $80 for one of them, I'd just piss it away on a night's worth of drinks. I think I'll just hang on to them.

bread's done
Back