Luigi's Mansion 2 - Who is in?

Some missions let you explore more areas than others but sometimes certain areas are unlocked. If you really don't want to get called back, just don't finish the last part and go exploring everything you can.

I'm in the third level/area right now, I haven't seen anything that lets you free roam but I really don't see the point.

[quote name='skiizim']Some missions let you explore more areas than others but sometimes certain areas are unlocked. If you really don't want to get called back, just don't finish the last part and go exploring everything you can.

I'm in the third level/area right now, I haven't seen anything that lets you free roam but I really don't see the point.[/QUOTE]

The problem is you don't know where the last part is going to be. And you don't have an option to "Not finish the last part" if you enter a room and gates go up so you can't leave until you defeat the ghost, and once you defeat the ghost you're called back....

The only option is to replay the level but that brings everything back, even the enemies. And the point to exploring? You do know their are things to "find" and "collect" in game right (i.e. pieces of the dark moon)?

Well the gems aren't part of the dark moon if that is what you are talking about, they piece together a Luigi Statue. I've already competed the first two. I can see where you are going with this but you can explore the same parts of the level in different missions, some gems are mission specific which does suck since you might have to replay the level. If you want to get 3 stars you're going to have to do this regardless.

[quote name='skiizim']Well the gems aren't part of the dark moon if that is what you are talking about, they piece together a Luigi Statue. I've already competed the first two. I can see where you are going with this but you can explore the same parts of the level in different missions, some gems are mission specific which does suck since you might have to replay the level. If you want to get 3 stars you're going to have to do this regardless.[/QUOTE]

Once you clear an entire mansion are all the gems and secrets available in that mansion? Basically what I'm asking is whether there is some power or vacuum attachment that you get in mansion 4 that will allow you to collect everything in mansion 1. I just finished the first mansion and I'd like to go back and try for 3 stars and all of the secrets but if it is impossible I don't want to waste my time...

Question. Do grabbing the upgrades help in co-op?

I ask because I am digging the game but right now I have other games that are on the backlog list before this (I bought it to co-op with friends and will do so but get back to singleplayer later).

I unlocked the online mode, but I didn't try online yet.

[quote name='Javery']Once you clear an entire mansion are all the gems and secrets available in that mansion? Basically what I'm asking is whether there is some power or vacuum attachment that you get in mansion 4 that will allow you to collect everything in mansion 1. I just finished the first mansion and I'd like to go back and try for 3 stars and all of the secrets but if it is impossible I don't want to waste my time...[/QUOTE]

You get nothing new after the darklight, everything is upgraded to the max after you obtain $20,000, I think I did all this before starting the third mansion. Certain gems are chapter specific or available after a certain chapter. Finishing a mansion doesn't unlock anymore secrets other than what you can already look for by playing through each chapter.

I just finished up sp mode today, I just have to go back and find one more boo in chapter e5 that completely slipped by me. I'm not looking forward to that level again. I'm going to start up MP real soon and give it a good go.

Is it strange that I feel no real compulsion to collect all the gems and Boos? I've cleared the first Mansion with all the Boos and Gems and it felt like more of a chore than an enjoyable experience. I don't feel compelled to 100% the game (at least at this point), but thoroghly enjoy the single player experience. Am I going to be missing out on anything super special if I just continue trucking through, or is this one of those situations where I should stop thinking about it and just enjoy the game? :lol:

So I'm almost done with the second mansion (yes, I'm taking my time) and I'm enjoying this game more than any other I've played this year. It makes me all happy on the inside when I play it - so much charm and personality.

I just got it in the mail today. I can't wait to play also now i am only 240 points from platinum on club Nintendo, I hope I make it this year gah!

I'm almost done with the third mansion and so far they are all EXCELLENT. I keep thinking there is no way they can maintain the quality yet every level is really clever and the secrets are well-hidden.

Almost done with Sticker Star so I'llstart this next. Played the first few mins and thought it looked good

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Omg! Finally finished the third mansion!:drool:

Probably took me 5 tries on that last level!:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

If you think that was hard wait till you to the last mansion, it's one of the last few missions. Make sure you find the dog bone, you will need it.

[quote name='skiizim']If you think that was hard wait till you to the last mansion, it's one of the last few missions. Make sure you find the dog bone, you will need it.[/QUOTE]

I can only imagine!:whistle2:#

This game is so fun and tricky as hell! Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to hunt for it!

I'm at the end of the 4th mansion. I'm a little disappointed that
there are only 3 levels
although the previous one was 45 minutes for me.

Ugh I seriously cannot beat the clock mansion, that last burst of ghosts just gets me every time.

Oh man, that must be the hard boss I heard about when the game launched. And I thought the
Clockworks
boss was annoying, sheesh.

Yeah there were parts where I was literally screaming like "OH COME THE $#% ON!" And my wife was getting annoyed.

There was one part in Mansion 2 where I had to go on GameFAQs forums to find a way around. It felt really cheap, but it did make me use the Dark Ray more.

[quote name='KingBroly']There was one part in Mansion 2 where I had to go on GameFAQs forums to find a way around. It felt really cheap, but it did make me use the Dark Ray more.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I am always using that thing.

I swear, this game was made for adults and Doogie Howser.

The second to last mission is nuts, too many freaking ghosts and some rooms have a time limit?!? It's like they decided to make this game extremely hardcore when they were already done with 95% of it.

Man, 4-1 was annoying. It took me nearly 40 minutes to get through. I hate to imagine what the rest of this Mansion holds.

So I beat the fourth mansion boss on my first try, 6:33. I found out rather quickly at what I needed to do. So let me guess at what the bullshit things this guy does, because I didn't see them all:

- His ice shield regenerates if you don't destroy all of it in time (I saw this)
- He gets farther away after each bomb hit (I saw this)
- He does damage to you after clearing his entire shield, this can cause the next phase (I saw this)
- Your Bomb Sled explodes after a certain amount of time, doing damage to you (Just a guess)
- The part where you get the Ghost becomes more icy with each phase (I saw this)

So...yeah, kinda disappointed at how easy I found it. But I'm glad that Mansion is done since I found it rather bland.

The only boss I had trouble with was the first one. I just couldn't get a good momentum going on that one, all the rest were easy. The final boss is a little tricky, took me a little while to find the patterns.

I actually died on the first boss, but I haven't died since. I'll try and go back to find all of the Gems though. I think I'll use a Guide for that since it's nothing but tedium.

I had to use a guide on a few, the damn level specific ones are a pain in the butt. That is one thing I didn't like about them, they should have implemented something that tells you if that certain gem is available in that level or not.

You mean giant boo? He took some time but I only had to try him once. I found him much easier than the mine boss.

Beat the 2nd to last mission, that was actually physically demanding my shoulder hurts a little. I'll save King Boo for tomorrow...

Beat it. King Boo was...interesting...to say the least. A tad bit annoying as well.

I'd say an 8/10 game. Some annoying parts, some bad parts, framerate drops but overall a good amount of content for what you pay for. It took me a little under 11:30 to beat, without getting 100%/3-stars on every mission, which I'm not going to do.

Once you figure out the pattern it's easy, at first I was like wtf and hit him on accident. I think the horde of ghost in the previous level was a lot more tedious than anything else in the game. I still need to go back and find the secret boo.

This game was fine but I remember liking the original a whole lot more. The 3DS didn't really add much, using the Wii U tablet could possibly add a whole lot, especially in the puzzle aspect of the game or only being able to find ghost on it by using it like face raiders.

Beat it early this morning. Overall I liked it but I don't want to go through it again, too many really frustrating points.

Just finished it a little while ago. After I figured out the control scheme it was a fun game to play. I'll probably go back and try to 3-star all the levels at some point.

I want to try and 3-star the levels but I wish there was more guidance. Some levels I've been meticulous in finding the gems and stashes of money but can only get 2 stars. This leads me to believe that your score is highly dependent on how quickly you can finish because that's the only place I think I can improve... but I have no interest in memorizing all of the secrets and then doing basically a speed run through the level.

^^ Is getting 3-star based on how fast you complete the level? Whenever i redo a level i usually make it a point to get all available coins. I usually end up either getting 1 or 2 stars as well

[quote name='CAGkrazy']^^ Is getting 3-star based on how fast you complete the level? Whenever i redo a level i usually make it a point to get all available coins. I usually end up either getting 1 or 2 stars as well[/QUOTE]

Combination of speed, money, dog bone, and gems. Although I guess on playthroughs it is just speed and money.

[quote name='predseth']Combination of speed, money, dog bone, and gems. Although I guess on playthroughs it is just speed and money.[/QUOTE]

Probably all this and getting the Boos.

bread's done
Back