Lumines or Lumines 2?

decon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm interested in getting a Lumines game.

I don't see Lumines GH anywhere in stores.

Which one do you guys recommend? Any deals?

If you can put up with shitty pop artists, Lumines 2 has better skins than the first game. It even has most of the skins from the original.
I just downloaded a save file with everything unlocked so I could create a "playlist" that didn't include the bands.

Go with II because just finding the first Lumines will be a challenge. The first one has become highly sought after and is being snapped up by collectors and resellers. Even though it's gone Greatest Hits you definitely won't get it fo $20 unless you happen to stumble across a new copy somewhere.

Thanks for the replies.

What artists songs are on Lumines I?

Also, once a game turns Greatest Hits, don't they continually make it?

Lumines 1 ---> all music (if not all, most of em) are composed by Mondo Grosso, ad dj or a techno artist from japan i believe.

And the noticable artist is Eri Nobuchika for the final skin (great song btw)..... you can try youtube and listen to the songs

[quote name='decon']Thanks for the replies.

What artists songs are on Lumines I?

Also, once a game turns Greatest Hits, don't they continually make it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It's GH version & still hard to find new copy. If u lucky u can find GH version at Sams Club for $19. I already owned both version & i not worry to find it :)

Lumines II - Two words HEAVENLY STAR!

Actually I prefer II to the original for more reasons, but I find that if I'm playing a super extended session (think cross country flight/3 hour train ride) of the original I start to get a headache while I don't get it with the sequel.

Luminies 2 as in sequals are likely better and Luminies costs more than the second 1 and is more rare cuz of its exploit.

Since Lumines cost a lot these days, I'd say just get II.
But I do much prefer the first one. It has a much better flow with the skins.
And I honestly don't like Pump it at all.

[quote name='ihzer0']Since Lumines cost a lot these days, I'd say just get II.
But I do much prefer the first one. It has a much better flow with the skins.
And I honestly don't like Pump it at all.[/QUOTE]

But that's what skin edit mode is for! I go with:

Tiny Piano
Hollerback Girl
Gangster Tripping
Bottle Rocket
Regret
House 66
Take My Time
Star Guitar
Neguru
Heavenly Star

You can't go wrong with either game but I personally like 2 a little more. I guess I'm one of those dirty bastards that like Missy Elliott and the Black Eyed Peas.

doesn't part 2 have all of the skins from part one with the exception of Shinin, Shake ya body, Lights and I hear music in my soul?
Those 4 are about the only skins not in part 2 and Lumines LIVE. That being said, you should still get part 1 if possible, because the backgrounds and effects were changed. The liscensed music wasn't that bad, maybe the black eye peas song, but that's it.

[quote name='akilshohen']doesn't part 2 have all of the skins from part one with the exception of Shinin, Shake ya body, Lights and I hear music in my soul?
Those 4 are about the only skins not in part 2 and Lumines LIVE. That being said, you should still get part 1 if possible, because the backgrounds and effects were changed. The liscensed music wasn't that bad, maybe the black eye peas song, but that's it.[/quote]

That's pretty much exactly what I've been saying the whole time, which is why I would recommend new players to get Lumines II. ;)

I think you may have said it better than me though, which may have been why no one seemed to notice.

luminies... after playing two I found myself wanting to go back to one. I personally didn't like the videos (they all looked choppy).

bread's done
Back