Lumines Supernova PSN Exclusive

smiggity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A brand new PS3-exclusive version of the popular Q Entertainment puzzle game is coming. The game is titled Lumines Supernova and will be an e-distributed game -- just like the Xbot Live version.

This PSN game will be pretty much the same deal as previous Lumines games, but with new stages and modes. There are 40 skins to be unlocked in Challenge Mode, and there are a slew of news modes, including Dig Down Mode and Sequencer Mode. Dig Down appears to be a Lumines-inspired version of Dig Dug, while Sequencer Mode allows players to create their own background music using various sounds and loops.

Finally get to try the much talked of Lumines.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hopefully the price won't be as crazy as it was on XBLA[/quote]
Wasn't that broken up because of the size limit or was it just a test of that type of delivery method? Either way, I imagine they've learned enough to not pull that same crap again.

I don't know why but Lumines just doesn't seem like the kind of game I would want to play on a console. I like it in its handheld form.

[quote name='smiggity']Either way at 1/5th the price you cant go wrong, which is a big advantage of PSN releases over XBLA releases[/quote]

Very true. I have no idea what the game is, but I'll probably buy it.

Got and played the two for PSP and for my cell phone and for 360. I think I am finally ready to draw the line and not buy the PS3 version. I am non the less excited that its coming out since it gives me options if I get board and need a new PS3 game. Its as solid as Tetris to me.

Hopefully they learned from the XBLA PR disaster and will give us a complete game for a fair price.

Sadly I feel obligated to buy this, since sales figures for this have got to be a factor on whether we get Rez HD. I just hope they go there before EEEE.

[quote name='pellucidity']Hopefully they learned from the XBLA PR disaster and will give us a complete game for a fair price.

Sadly I feel obligated to buy this, since sales figures for this have got to be a factor on whether we get Rez HD. I just hope they go there before EEEE.[/QUOTE]I think the size limit had something to do with it. PSN has no size limit, so they won't sell it in chunks.

the XBLA one is great, but the d-pad and some interface issues (note: XBL Notification getting in the way) really hurt it from being as good as the PSP version. I'm a huge supporter of Q? games (except Lumines II bleh) so I'll plan on getting this.

[quote name='JMEPO']I don't know why but Lumines just doesn't seem like the kind of game I would want to play on a console. I like it in its handheld form.[/quote]

I feel the same, though it is my favorite psp game and I just bought it for the PC. I'll probably buy it again, damn you lumines, I almost wish we never met.

I want to see/play these new modes first before I make a buying decision. Lumines is of my favorite games, but after buying the XBLA one, it felt like I was playing the same game except on a bigger screen and crappier d-pad.

I'm willing to buy this game, however I would want for it to be more like part 1 (luminies) moreso than part 2. The different in my opinion was that party one had very beautiful backgrounds and nice music. I didn't have a problem with the music of part 2, however, I really didn't like the videos that they had in the background... that imo did not work well. (due to the video being to grainy). All I want from this game is a lot of backgrounds (artistic), and good music, custom soundtracks and trophies.

[quote name='Thomas96']I'm willing to buy this game, however I would want for it to be more like part 1 (luminies) moreso than part 2. The different in my opinion was that party one had very beautiful backgrounds and nice music. I didn't have a problem with the music of part 2, however, I really didn't like the videos that they had in the background... that imo did not work well. (due to the video being to grainy). All I want from this game is a lot of backgrounds (artistic), and good music, custom soundtracks and trophies.[/quote]

agreed, but from the looks of this one's screenshots, I don't think it's happening :(

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/05/lumines-supernova-gets-a-littlebigplanet-skin/

lbp-lumines.jpg

Hopefully soon than. Damn Lumines, I've bought ever verison except for the one on the Xbox. I was recently thinking of just getting a PSP again just for Lumines.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just watched the new Pulse that I just made a thread on and the host says this will be out next week. I hope that's true.[/quote]

:O

*anticipation now building*

Was there a price mentioned for this already? I loved the 1st one (psp) and even had fun with the 2nd. Still on the wall for this...but we'll see. I haven't checked but is there going to be a "vs" mode either with each other or online for this? I just know the psp had it.

No more for me. I liked Lumines for a few hours then I sold it. I bought Lumines II as well and didn't think the music selection was as good as the first but played it for a good amount then traded it.

Tetris for whatever reason is still my favorite puzzle game of this type.

[quote name='Hostile']No more for me. I liked Lumines for a few hours then I sold it. I bought Lumines II as well and didn't think the music selection was as good as the first but played it for a good amount then traded it.

Tetris for whatever reason is still my favorite puzzle game of this type.[/QUOTE]

Tetris will always be the greatest, but I think Lumines (psp) really took it to the next level. If EVERYTHING is in HD, then I think it may work... Lumines 2 wasn't that great due to the grainy video, however the idea may work well, if the videos are not grainy and in HD. For me to buy this game is must have GREAT original music, like part one, great artwork, and trophies. Also, I hope that they don't just make the game and thats it, keep Luminies fresh with some DLC packs. If they can do those things, then I'll be more than happy to buy the game.

[quote name='smiggity']Either way at 1/5th the price you cant go wrong, which is a big advantage of PSN releases over XBLA releases[/quote]

This game is coming out at $2? Or are you comparing points to dollars?

Also, if you were paying attention to the videos in Lumines II and not the blocks, you probably weren't playing it right. I keed. I keed.

[quote name='depascal22']This game is coming out at $2? Or are you comparing points to dollars?

Also, if you were paying attention to the videos in Lumines II and not the blocks, you probably weren't playing it right. I keed. I keed.[/quote]

Did I post that? I must have been referring to gamesharing, where 5 people split the cost of PSN games. Hence 2 bucks each for a $10 game.

[quote name='smiggity']Did I post that? I must have been referring to gamesharing, where 5 people split the cost of PSN games. Hence 2 bucks each for a $10 game.[/quote]

Good call on the gamesharing. I completely forgot about that. I should really find a group and download this and a couple other games.

[quote name='depascal22']Good call on the gamesharing. I completely forgot about that. I should really find a group and download this and a couple other games.[/quote]

Best thing CAG has ever done for me:D

[quote name='smiggity']Best thing CAG has ever done for me:D[/QUOTE]I refuse to ever gameshare. I want Sony and publishers to see I purchased their game and appreciate their hardwork. ;)

Anyway, I'm excited for this. Have the money in my PSN wallet now, but might have to go against my word buying another PSN Card (so I can buy everything I want, lol).

[quote name='depascal22']This game is coming out at $2? Or are you comparing points to dollars?

Also, if you were paying attention to the videos in Lumines II and not the blocks, you probably weren't playing it right. I keed. I keed.[/quote]

I loved the videos in Lumines 2, they added a layer of challenge and frustration.

Damnit, this game can't come out fast enough.

[quote name='Thongsy']I loved the videos in Lumines 2, they added a layer of challenge and frustration.

Damnit, this game can't come out fast enough.[/QUOTE]Agreed, I loved the background videos. That was one thing I loved about certain music games.

I'd watch them if my board was clear and I was just dealing with a couple blocks but on the second go-around, it's pretty hard to pay attention to anything but what's going on.

Those who may wonder about Lumines, here is the situation:
So many of y'all are like "where's Lumines?" We're wondering the same thing too. Although the PlayStation site still says Lumines is out "next week," the video was actually created in the future, a future in which Lumines is only a week away. "We're targeting later this month, but not today and not next week," Q Entertainment's Kyoko Yamashita told us. There aren't that many weeks left in December, so the wait shouldn't be too long.

In addition, Savage Moon was incorrectly listed as being ready for release on December 23rd. SCEA's Scott Goryl confirmed that the date has been pushed back to January. The game is close to ready, but isn't quite there yet. You'll be able to find out more in our hands-on impressions soon.

Crash Commando, reported for release next week, will still arrive on time.
http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/11/release-date-update-lumines-and-savage-moon/

Well its the 23rd and I am not seeing Lumines on the PSN. Do they not update it until the afternoon or something?

bread's done
Back