M.a.m.e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your roms might not match up with your version of MAME. I think clrMAME (that might not be what it's called) audits and fixes roms to work with your version of MAME. I would check the forums on a MAME website where people have probably had the same problem you are having. If this topic doesn't get locked, you should describe your problem more in depth here.

arcade machines cost too much (and you don't really need multiple displays since you only want to play one game at a time), take up too much space, and weigh too much (how often are you gonna clean behind them?)

if you really think about it, MAME sure has kept the old school arcading alive for the past few years. I love being able to play all the awsome fighters on MAME. Once a 90% version starts working on the PSP, I will be in bliss.

on the same note: anyone know of a good MAME emulator for the DC?

There isn't one. The DC just doesn't have the memory to do it. Now the Xbox, on the other hand, can run stuff like Marvel vs. Capcom, Darkstalkers, KOF up to like 2002 (maybe later), and Street Fighter Aplha 3.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you really think about it, MAME sure has kept the old school arcading alive for the past few years. I love being able to play all the awsome fighters on MAME.[/QUOTE]

I just love playing all of the old games. I could sit in front of the PC and play MAME games and roms all day long.

Definately. Between the four/six player XMen game, Captain America, Street Fighter, and the two WWF games, i'm lost forever.

I was actually playing it last night.. good times. Count the people!

trio8pf.jpg

By the way, there's a move in there that i've never seen done in a game before and didn't even know it was in this one.. a double pin! I was playing against either Demolition or LOD and one guy jumped on me then the other guy jumped on his partner's back.. luckly I was Ultimate Warrior and pushed them both off at the same time :cool:

If you're using Windows I recommend MAME32. I'm too impatient to learn normal MAME, so the easy interface in MAME32 finally got me onboard. I have a ridiculous amount of R**s for it now, but lately I've mostly been using it to play old Mortal Kombat games online (there's a Kaillera-enabled version of MAME32 that I use for that).

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Aren't M.A.M.E. and emulatation discusions taboo around here?[/QUOTE]

It's taboo in the sense that everybody uses it, but nobody likes to talk about it. ;)

Mods, see whats happened here?

Mods started being relaxed about PSP emulation, and now everyone is posting about emulators.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And everyone else, especially scorch... you guys know its against CAG policy to talk about that shit. Be a little respectful.

And dont even tell me you own all those arcade machines... ;-)

you guys know its against CAG policy to talk about that shit.

Whats wrong with emulators? Plenty of commercial products use emulators (e.g. Zelda Collectors Edition, Midway Arcade Treasures, Sonic Mega Collection, Sega Smash Pack).

So is it against CAG policy to talk about Zelda Collectors Edition?

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Whats wrong with emulators? Plenty of commercial products use emulators (e.g. Zelda Collectors Edition, Midway Arcade Treasures).[/QUOTE]

Downloading a game and playing it in MAME is illegal unless you own a working copy of the game itself.

The legality issues with it gives us advertisement we dont need on this site.

Just buy the fucking game people.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Downloading a game and playing it in MAME is illegal unless you own a working copy of the game itself.

The legality issues with it gives us advertisement we dont need on this site.

Just buy the fucking game people.[/QUOTE]
It's illegal no matter what, unless you rip the rom yourself. Even then, it's supposed to be for backup purposes only.

You know damn well that the "buy the game" argument doesn't work here, though. Say I want to play the Simpsons arcade game. I've never seen a commercially released version of it, and the last arcade machine I knew of in the area vanished when the Chi-Chi's that was home to it closed.

If I want to play the game, emulation is the only option I have.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']If you have the permission of the copyright owner, it's perfectly legal.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Im not talking about sold copies of compulations.

I'm talking about downloading roms and playing them on emulators for the PC.

I dont care who you are, but no large game publisher is going to allow you to play their game on an emulator. End of story.

Yes, everyone does it here, and everyone knows... but if you need help with a rom.... google it and go elsewhere.

Cheapy is trying to run a respectible establishment here and these conversations of roms get posted on google and attract bad attention.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'] If I want to play the game, emulation is the only option I have.[/QUOTE]

And if you want $50,000 dollars right now, robbing a bank is the only option as well... so its ok to do that too.

anybody notice the moment someone started busting out the duct tape to silence us, s/he got the opposite results. i'm sure it already goes w/o saying that there are other sites to discuss this kind of stuff. i don't come to CAG to discuss such. i'm sure the longer we refrain from having these kind of mame talks the longer CAG will be around.

imo, it's as easy as going to another site.

peace.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']And if you want $50,000 dollars right now, robbing a bank is the only option as well... so its ok to do that too.[/QUOTE]

with that said I am going to go ahead and lock this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back