Macbook Pro or Air?

Gannikus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Well I'm actually considering the Macbook Pro 2011 with the HD3000 on it and buying it used for about $900 on amazon. (I got $270 gift card)

I'm also considering the macbook air 2011 with the HD3000 also but it has 1.8ghz i5, will that affect the gaming performance when compared to the 2.4ghz i5 macbook pro? I don't know if the air's 1.8ghz will affect fps..

I already have a gaming laptop (AlienwareM14x)
I don't really like bringing my M14x around because I don't want any scratches and want to keep it in tip top condition at home =p

I don't play games at school all the time but there are times where I have to wait 1-3 hours and during that I would like to play Diablo 3 in the lowest settings and get atleast 20-30 fps.

So the Macbook Air would be the most convenient because of the weight for school but I also wouldn't mind the pro. But if they offer the same fps in Diablo 3 I'd definitely get the 2011 Air

Please don't suggest other laptops, I already have access to 2 besides my M14x.

You'll probably get a better response over at the Macrumors forums. Lots of informative peeps there that have made posts that help me since I'm new to MacBook's.

Intel HD3000 is integrated graphics and should be considered for only minimal gaming usage. You will get decent performance from older games like HL2, UT2K4, and even some newer games that aren't that graphically demanding and are more CPU-bound. However, most games released in the last couple years will probably have to be played on medium to low settings.

I would recommend the MacBook Pro as it has consideribly more hard drive, which is especially necessary if you're going to be using it for school work as well as gaming. It also has a disk drive and more USB ports. Some models of MB Pros also have better graphics card then their MPA counterparts. Check the product details page for the MB as well as the system requirements for Diablo 3 to ensure which laptop will provide the best performance.

bread's done
Back