MacBook vs Macbook Pro HELP

Sgt Barone

CAGiversary!
Hey Im a college student, and Im getting my first Mac. I was wondering if it is worth it to go with the more expensive macbook pro over the regular macbook. On top of the better price, the case for the Macbook looks much sturdier, and less prone to denting.

Also, if you know of any upcoming promotions for college students (i.e. free ipod touch) please let me know.

j-cart, I understand the part of you wanting to be super efficient, but that doesn't mean you are allowed to not read the thread or thread title.

He's wanting to compare macbook and macbook pro. You linked to Windows 7 vs. Macbook Pro thread.

still love you

It contains all the info he still needs. Plus he should just look at apple's website instead. Info straight from the source is always the best.

i have both. i prefer my older macbook. i am using it right now as my brand new pro sits in the box (yes, i still have it in the box because it refuses to run some of my important programs - baffling, i know).

the pro is awesome, i just haven't gotten it to work properly.

the macbook is definitely more sturdy. the polycarbonate case is really tough, it just gets all swirly the instant you wipe it clean, even if you use a microfiber. but it could, hypothetically, crack. however, the aluminum is one piece, so it's pretty tough too. but if you dropped it, it would get bent to shit.

but honestly, if you drop either, i think they would be pretty jacked.

one thing i noticed about the aluminum case - it has really sharp edges, especially where i normally rest my wrists when typing (the macbook pro feels like it's going to go angelina jolie on me and slit my wrists).

it's a weird design choice, and it makes me want to wear beastmaster's wrist gauntlets when typing, but who are we kidding? - i would want to wear those anyway.

good luck. i recommend going to an apple store and just playing with all of the machines they have until you really have a good idea of the pros and cons of each.

You'd have to be insane to buy a Macbook now.

Macbook -- $999
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 memory
250GB hard drive
8x double-layer SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
Built-in 7-hour battery
Polycarbonate unibody enclosure

Macbook Pro -- $1199
2.3GHz dual-core
Intel Core i5
4GB 1333MHz
320GB 5400-rpm
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Built-in battery (7 hours)

That's a Sandy Bridge processor in the Pro. Plus a Thunderbolt port and a Facetime HD camera. It is the best $200 upgrade I can remember seeing for any computer line, ever.

bread's done
Back