Mad Catz 12 Days of Christmas sale

Reraise

CAGiversary!
http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=485&curPage=1

Varying things on sale.

Brawl Sticks $20
Rock Band 3 Fender Pro Guitars $50
Damage INC w/ stick $50
Brawlpads $10

Ive ordered direct from them a few times before, shipping tends to be slow. Bear in mind if your ordering as gifts.

Edit: Brought to my attention they are gouging the shipping fees again. $10 shipping. Bear this in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
If only they had a matching Tails charger for the Wii remotes, to go along with the Sonic one. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

[quote name='FatherChesz']If only they had a matching Tails charger for the Wii remotes, to go along with the Sonic one. I would buy one of those in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Would be so sweet, I was tempted to order one too now i have a wii u and my old wiimotes are in use again. I still might get one two as stocking stuffers.

I know it's easy to change out the artwork on the brawlstick since I was able to manage that. But is it also possible to change out the brawlpad's artwork as well? Wouldn't mind grabbing one for the PS3 if so.

tempted on the brawlpads. for $10 might be worth trying it out. Problem is, there's no fighting game I want to play right now.

The brawlstick is a great deal for $20. i got a SF4 one for the same price a while ago.

Swap out the stick and the buttons and you got a TE stick in a smaller package.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I know it's easy to change out the artwork on the brawlstick since I was able to manage that. But is it also possible to change out the brawlpad's artwork as well? Wouldn't mind grabbing one for the PS3 if so.[/QUOTE]

No, the brawlpads graphic are etched on like the SFxT ones. Its not a card attached, its actually imprinted on the pad.

Honestly, for $10, id live with a goofy pad, they are decent. My issue is, they dont sell them for 360.

Bear in mind, last time they did a sale like this, the SFxT ones went on sale for $15, and they are much nicer to look at.

Thanks OP! Love fightsticks. Got like 3 of those big street fighter monsters for my ps2.

Grabbed one for the 360 and also one of those sonic induction chargers for the wii remotes. Was looking to buy a charger for netflix usages since kids burn through batteries so fast with their tv. Looking forward to modding out my stick as I still have leftover parts from one of my other modding projects. We'll see if they fit.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Really considering a Brawlstick, but damn....practically 10$ for shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do gouge on shipping. Thats whats holding me off buying the charger. $10 for the charger, but $11.29 in shipping.

Its worth it on the bigger items. This puts the sticks at about the same price amazon discounts them to. But still, not ideal.

[quote name='Reraise']No, the brawlpads graphic are etched on like the SFxT ones. Its not a card attached, its actually imprinted on the pad.

Honestly, for $10, id live with a goofy pad, they are decent. My issue is, they dont sell them for 360.

Bear in mind, last time they did a sale like this, the SFxT ones went on sale for $15, and they are much nicer to look at.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I might have to look out for one of the SFxT ones instead. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, already got my brawl sticks when GameStop had them for $30. This is the same deal... great sticks for that price.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']I wish they sold regular rock band guitars.

Are the wii component cables any good?[/QUOTE]

For 20$ shipped, might as well get ones from gamestop.

Picture qual is slightly better, not a whole lot

Grabbed 2 sticks for $49 shipped. Great deal for basic good quality sticks. You can barely find terrible ones on eBay for that kind of price! Gonna stop and buy some 3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl to reskin that terrible art.

Todays deal

$60 off the TE fight sticks, $20 off the SFxT pads. Free ship on the Kunai headsets

All coupon codes are on the website next to the corresponding item.

Ended up ordering a Brawlstick myself too, couldnt really resist even for 30$. Especially considering the profit I have been making at BB and GS this week.

On a side note, any suggested retailers for replacement buttons/sticks? Or do they all tend to be around the same price.

Order 2 360 brawlsticks and 1 ps3 brawlstick. Shipping was 11 for the 3. I figure I'll just sell the second 360 one if I end up not using it to recoup some of the costs, as these seem to go for about 30-40 new on ebay. That or I'll see if a friend wants it.

[quote name='vietexan']focusattack dot com for a reliable place to get button and joystick replacements[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, definitely looks like much better pricing than what I was seeing before

Only other few sites I had been recommended were down or seemed shady

I would've given the BrawlStick a shot if not for the $10 shipping. Ah well I guess.. I like paddle-style joysticks better anyway (PM me if anyone knows of a good deal on those ;)).

[quote name='vietexan']focusattack dot com for a reliable place to get button and joystick replacements[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dgwillia006']Thanks man, definitely looks like much better pricing than what I was seeing before

Only other few sites I had been recommended were down or seemed shady[/QUOTE]

Focus Attack & Arcade Shock are the 2 spots I usually hit up if I want new arcade parts. Also, AS is the only place in states that sells the beautiful Hori VLX Diamond. Like the MickeyD's commercial...I'm lovin' it!!!

I'll 100% recommend FocusAttack for your parts. I ordered 6 buttons, a stick and balltop Thursday morning and had it by saturday, standard shipping.

They'll get all of my business from here on out.

Does anyone know if the plastic buttons on the stock brawlstick is any good. Im thinking of just using the plastic housing and replace the stock madcats microswitch with sanwa microswitch. Im on a budget and it seems like saving $10 or so by just switching the switchs is good. But let me know if anyone has any info on this stuff im new to fight sticks.

The buttons are fine, they're not THE BEST, but should cull you over until they actually break. I haven't bothered to change them in my TvC stick.
It's mainly the joystick you should worry about.

Just wondering can i just switch out the microswitch to get the sanwa microswitch in the Mad Cats Plunger and would it make a difference. Also another quick question is when switching out the joystick does the stock ball top fit on top of a sanwa stick? I am just thinking of maybe getting another color when buying the stick and maybe seeing which of the two i would prefer.

[quote name='needler420']uhhh you guys realize the brawl stick is $29.99 on amazon for both consoles.

That's the same price as directly from madcatz and no taxes. Can't believe you guys even consider this a deal when it's been this price on amazon since the last time I saw it.

????????????????????????
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-W...8&qid=1355271850&sr=1-5&keywords=arcade+stick[/QUOTE]

It sure as hell wasnt, atleast when I ordered. When I saw the shipping, first thing I did was check Amazon and for the PS3 that night they were like 50$.

Either way, I technically saved 5 cents with Madcatz since my order cost 29.94, so CAG ftw. Arriving on Monday for me

[quote name='dgwillia006']It sure as hell wasnt, atleast when I ordered. When I saw the shipping, first thing I did was check Amazon and for the PS3 that night they were like 50$.

Either way, I technically saved 5 cents with Madcatz since my order cost 29.94, so CAG ftw. Arriving on Monday for me[/QUOTE]

Also, if you are ordering more than one item, the shipping kind of levels out and makes things cheaper than Amazon.

On a side note, is the billing delayed or something? They initially charged me, then it just randomly popped back up in my account again. Orders already shipped and everything too

I was about to order one on amazon last night but decided not to.

When that SF standard stick came out I bought it for like $45 bucks. I used it on like two games, traded one of those games in the other is on PSN.

So after a year of owning that arcade stick I traded it back to amazzon for the same price I bought it a year prior. Now that stick trades in for $70.

I kind of want one to just to mod for the novelty but in reality I'm not a fan of the fighting genre any more.

I think the samething will happen with this WWE stick. Manily because this one like the SF4 stick are really good for modding. You can have a tourantment quality stick with a few after market parts for a fraction of the price.

Probably a good thing I didn't the last one I had sat in storage the entire year expect for 2-3 times I used it.

Gamestop has SF brawlpads for $14.99. I just saw one last night at a local store. Thats the same price when they dropped about 1 year ago I think.

[quote name='andern']Does anyone know if the plastic buttons on the stock brawlstick is any good. Im thinking of just using the plastic housing and replace the stock madcats microswitch with sanwa microswitch. Im on a budget and it seems like saving $10 or so by just switching the switchs is good. But let me know if anyone has any info on this stuff im new to fight sticks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='andern']Just wondering can i just switch out the microswitch to get the sanwa microswitch in the Mad Cats Plunger and would it make a difference. Also another quick question is when switching out the joystick does the stock ball top fit on top of a sanwa stick? I am just thinking of maybe getting another color when buying the stick and maybe seeing which of the two i would prefer.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can swap the microswitches. Very easy to do. Shell & microswitches are literally the same as shown here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...y-madcatz-confirmed.83497/page-6#post-3631383

The prob is that while the only difference are just the springs (as shown in that link), there's no consistency to the Madcatz buttons & joystick lever. I've purchased at least 5 - 7 TvC sticks & while some were tight, others were mushy & loose thus you're better off getting those Sanwa microswitches as you were planning to do. Don't get me wrong, the stock components are good but if you have prefer more consist quality then yes, Sanwa components will do. And yes, you can also swap balltops.

[quote name='needler420']uhhh you guys realize the brawl stick is $29.99 on amazon for both consoles.

That's the same price as directly from madcatz and no taxes. Can't believe you guys even consider this a deal when it's been this price on amazon since the last time I saw it.

????????????????????????
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-W...8&qid=1355271850&sr=1-5&keywords=arcade+stick[/QUOTE]

Some of us have to pay taxes when purchasing from Amazon. Texas residents started getting taxed back in July.

bread's done
Back