Mad Catz Fightstick Pro SFxT Series $79.99 PS3/Xbox 360 Amazon

Shame that the $70 stick is PS3 only. I bought the WWE Brawl Stick for $19 and will be ordering Sanwa joystick and silent buttons. Comes out to around $70 itself there.

I've read MS say "only xbox one accessories will work with it" though which makes me question my purchase. Worth noting for others.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Thanks, it sucks that the PS3 ones only have black buttons. Besides I prefer a Hori, cause of the quality of the parts that are not the buttons and the stick.

BTW, the Soul Calibur V version is $70. http://www.amazon.com/Catz-SoulCalibur-Arcade-FightStick-Playstation-3/dp/B006EJ38W8[/QUOTE]

i prefer my buttons slanted at the end like the soul caliber one because i press R1 with my palm. its to bad i wasted my money on the marvel 3 stick without looking into the facts.

Why is the regular price listed at only $100? Are these the same quality as the Street Fighter 4 tournament sticks (like the Round 2 that I own, for example)?

[quote name='Kazuya']Why is the regular price listed at only $100? Are these the same quality as the Street Fighter 4 tournament sticks (like the Round 2 that I own, for example)?[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP I just picked a 360 stick up...the "Line" version.

Yes, they do look like the SFIV tournament stick which retailed for $150 I believe.

Can't wait to use it and the quality looks great. I will post some feedback once I get it and use the stick.

i bought one of these last year when they were on sale for the same price. Great stick. i use it more than both of my TE's ( blazblue & marvel) & my HRAP 3. I like the sleek but solid body.

No need to question the quality..

These are Mad Catz tournament edition sticks.

The reason the price is coming down on them is because they won't be compatible with the One and PS4.

[quote name='popular penguin']What's the difference between the "Cross" and "Line" versions?[/QUOTE]

It looks like the artwork is different. No other differences I can see.

[quote name='NEP']No need to question the quality..

These are Mad Catz tournament edition sticks.

The reason the price is coming down on them is because they won't be compatible with the One and PS4.[/QUOTE]

Any major differences between the MadCatz Fightstick Pro and the Soul edition, other than the art design and the shell case shape?

Yeah this is a great deal, granted as long as you understand it's not future proof with the new system. But if you plan on buying a cheaper MadCatz shell (ie. Brawl Stick or Arcade Edition) and modding it with Sanwa parts it will cost you just about as much after parts and shipping. Plus you have to deal with a smaller case that does not look as nice unless you mod it.

The one thing I did like about the smaller footprint MadCatz shells were that they had extra screws at the bottom where you could add extra rubber feet to make it a little more stable. I don't recall if my TE had the extra screws, I think they only have 4 at the bottom. I emailed MadCatz because I bought a SFIV Arcade Edition stick from Fry's and it was missing two of the rubber feet. It was on a clearance sale and none of the other Fry's had them. So I had to contact MadCatz, they sent me an entire set of 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 versions of these sticks run on PC. Only difference between the SFxT sticks is artwork. SCV stick and SFxT stick are internally pretty much the same. Only difference is case and artwork. That being said, the SCV stick "feels" less cheap and imo has a better form factor. That's personal opinion though.

I'd buy some sticks if I didn't already have a ton that I'm trying to sell off.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Anyone know if the PS3 version also works on PC? So tempted[/QUOTE]

Yes they work for PC

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']PS3 versions of these sticks run on PC. Only difference between the SFxT sticks is artwork. SCV stick and SFxT stick are internally pretty much the same. Only difference is case and artwork. That being said, the SCV stick "feels" less cheap and imo has a better form factor. That's personal opinion though.

I'd buy some sticks if I didn't already have a ton that I'm trying to sell off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. I have an Rd1 TE stick but was thinking of getting another one so my friends could use that one and I could use the new stick. I like the case design of the SCV, I'm not really big on the artwork though but it seems pretty inexpensive to do custom artwork. The artwork on the SFxT sticks are horrendous imo.

Yeah I think it's easier to mod the SCV stick for artwork if you don't mind the case (which I personally like). It also has a different button layout (you'll have to change this in the button config or swap the wiring inside which is actually pretty easy and hard to mess up) as well as a different spacing of the buttons (SCV stick uses a Namco Noir arcade layout whereas the SFxT stick uses a Vewlix arcade layout). Both are fine and most people don't really notice a difference, but some do.

[quote name='xFate']Shame that the $70 stick is PS3 only. I bought the WWE Brawl Stick for $19 and will be ordering Sanwa joystick and silent buttons. Comes out to around $70 itself there.

I've read MS say "only xbox one accessories will work with it" though which makes me question my purchase. Worth noting for others.[/QUOTE]

The $70 SC stick is also available from Amazon, just temporarily sold out. Click on "7 new from 69.99" and Amazon is listed there, just out of stock right now, but still able to be ordered.

[quote name='Naramie']Any major differences between the MadCatz Fightstick Pro and the Soul edition, other than the art design and the shell case shape?

Yeah this is a great deal, granted as long as you understand it's not future proof with the new system. But if you plan on buying a cheaper MadCatz shell (ie. Brawl Stick or Arcade Edition) and modding it with Sanwa parts it will cost you just about as much after parts and shipping. Plus you have to deal with a smaller case that does not look as nice unless you mod it.

The one thing I did like about the smaller footprint MadCatz shells were that they had extra screws at the bottom where you could add extra rubber feet to make it a little more stable. I don't recall if my TE had the extra screws, I think they only have 4 at the bottom. I emailed MadCatz because I bought a SFIV Arcade Edition stick from Fry's and it was missing two of the rubber feet. It was on a clearance sale and none of the other Fry's had them. So I had to contact MadCatz, they sent me an entire set of 4.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, I'm at work. The SOUL edition uses a diffrent buton layout. It's setup for Soul Calibur use out of the box, so for SF or Mahvel you need to set a custom button config in the menu. The 4th button on each row is also slightly lower then on the other sticks.

bread's done
Back