Madden 08 Full gameplay video - Impressions?

At 4:24 mark it looks like it stuttered since there was a flag thrown, and at the 2:00 min mark, he was down before he crossed the plane.

I still don't know about the icons under the players, but I guess it will be something that we will have to get used to.

[quote name='AK85']At 4:24 mark it looks like it stuttered since there was a flag thrown, and at the 2:00 min mark, he was down before he crossed the plane.

I still don't know about the icons under the players, but I guess it will be something that we will have to get used to.[/quote]

its the new weapons system, i bet u can turn those off, itd be kinda lame cause if u did a trick play, the opponent would still know which person had the ball..

Why doesn't Madden go back to the days where you get three choice to choose from to pick your play using A, X, and B?

I hate when people can see the play I'm chooing.

EDIT: I like how at the end of the game, the field is all torn up.

I didn't even watch it and already, I know it sucks.

(I'm totally dead serious.)

Meh, it looks like...... Madden.

Why is it that there never seems to be any improvement in the graphics department? Remember seeing those awesome bullshots a while back? Problem is: it really ought to realistically look like that by now.

[quote name='kennistond']Why doesn't Madden go back to the days where you get three choice to choose from to pick your play using A, X, and B?[/QUOTE]
*cough* All-Pro Football!!!!!!!!!! *cough*

Yeah, once this fucking exclusivity deal is over I'll get back to playing some fucking football.

I loved the part where the running back runs backwards for 10 yards and then turns it up field for like 30... so realistic!

go madden!

(The play is at the 2:00 minute mark)

garbage. pass.

Kevin

Man, that looks horrible. Doesn't the ref look like a sideshow freak? :)

I'm going to pass on Madden yet again... simply put, it's craptacular.

I could go on about how everyone comes out from under their rock to shit on Madden, but All Pro and every other game is just a fucked and nobody seems to notice.

But inside I'll join the crowd and piss on it too. :) It annoys me that there still aren't nets behind the goal posts and it would be nice to see refs on the field like in the 2K game.

Oh, and I agree the play selection sucks. Thats mainly why I play online so my opponent can't see what play I'm picking. I don't know why they haven't changed that, its not like there is a shortage of buttons on the controller.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I could go on about how everyone comes out from under their rock to shit on Madden, but All Pro and every other game is just a fucked and nobody seems to notice.[/QUOTE]
I noticed the problems with AP2K8. I was very sad to see they hadn't fixed a lot of the problems with NFL2K5, which I played a ton of. I still prefer the feel of the 2K series over Madden, but it is far from perfect. Same with the MVP series before 2K took the exclusive MLB license. MVP was far from perfect, but in general it had a very good feel to it--better than MBL2K.

I'd love to see the leagues abandon exclusive deals. I think it would actually help their image in the long run, since many people simply don't even buy an NFL or MLB game anymore out of spite, or the lack of a good choice. I suppose it comes down to money, but PR should be a consideration too. Sigh.

[quote name='elwood731']I noticed the problems with AP2K8. I was very sad to see they hadn't fixed a lot of the problems with NFL2K5, which I played a ton of. I still prefer the feel of the 2K series over Madden, but it is far from perfect. Same with the MVP series before 2K took the exclusive MLB license. MVP was far from perfect, but in general it had a very good feel to it--better than MBL2K.

I'd love to see the leagues abandon exclusive deals. I think it would actually help their image in the long run, since many people simply don't even buy an NFL or MLB game anymore out of spite, or the lack of a good choice. I suppose it comes down to money, but PR should be a consideration too. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Yes, people are not buying Madden (that is why it is the top selling game each year).

We'll see how the game is come a couple weeks here. NCAA 08 is pretty good, only played 1 game, so this should be similiar. They DO need new announcing though.

[quote name='doubledown']Yes, people are not buying Madden (that is why it is the top selling game each year). [/QUOTE]
Umm, just because it's the best-selling game doesn't mean every gamer is buying a copy. I know, that's probably a shock. The fact that many people who would buy a football game feel alienated means some sales are being missed out on. For example, I haven't bought a football game since NFL 2K5. It isn't so much that a few sales are hurting the NFL (they got their money), but it does hurt fan relations a bit. So, it's a bit of a dumb PR move.

Why are people praising APF 2k8's glorious return, when they've just re-released NFL 2k5 with some old school rosters?

I understand the whole beef with Madden... that it's made by the evil EA, they put micro-updates out yearly as full games, and that they threw their weight and cash around and bought NFL exclusivity.

But I guess it doesn't matter that all the previews and podcasts I've read/heard that have been given advanced copies have said this is the best Madden in 4-5 years and that they've improved drastically in all areas of the game?

I guess the notion of Madden = fratboys + evil corporate profit margins has existed for too long.

[quote name='elwood731']Umm, just because it's the best-selling game doesn't mean every gamer is buying a copy. [/quote]

But it does mean a lot are.
I wish the exclusive liscense would end just as much as the next person but people aren't going to stop buying football games just because of it.

Saying that, this is the first EA football game I've bought (it's pre-ordered) since 2003. I went out and bought NFL 2K5 on launch and loved it but I need a next-gen football game and All-Pro just doesn't seem like my kind of game.

[quote name='munch']That's no 60 FPS. No way I'm touching this. Microsoft is finished.[/QUOTE]

Damn right. You're going to take down the empire by yourself! In a battle of you vs. 60 billion dollars, I bet on you every time. Go Munch!

All I can say is Fantasy draft+Me=:drool:

It's been so long dear football o' Madden Fantasy draft, two years to be exact. But once again we are reunited. :)

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I can't think of anywhere else, so here goes. Does anyone know of any major differences between the 360/PS3 versions, aside from achievements, to decide which version to get (keeping in mind I'm more of a casual Madden player, I really don't get into it that hardcore)? I have the 360 version reserved, but I'm thinking it might be nice to get the PS3 version instead to have something to play on the PS3 from the Goozex contest (if it arrives by then, hopefully). I had always liked the PS2 controller for Madden before, so maybe that alone would be worth it (for the sixaxis).

[quote name='DeskLaser']I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I can't think of anywhere else, so here goes. Does anyone know of any major differences between the 360/PS3 versions, aside from achievements, to decide which version to get (keeping in mind I'm more of a casual Madden player, I really don't get into it that hardcore)? I have the 360 version reserved, but I'm thinking it might be nice to get the PS3 version instead to have something to play on the PS3 from the Goozex contest (if it arrives by then, hopefully). I had always liked the PS2 controller for Madden before, so maybe that alone would be worth it (for the sixaxis).[/QUOTE]

Stick with 360. The 360 version runs at 60fps (Frames Per Second), while the PS3 will run at 30fps. The 360 version will seem smoother.

[quote name='mmn']Damn right. You're going to take down the empire by yourself! In a battle of you vs. 60 billion dollars, I bet on you every time. Go Munch![/QUOTE]

You'll be surprised just how many empires I have crumbled. with my bare hands.

[quote name='kennistond']With all the bad mouthing in here, I'll try and brighten it up. :D

The achievement list is actually pretty well put together compared to the last 2 years.

And the new Rings idea could be fun.[/quote]
Personally im looking forward to this game and Kennistond is right Great Achievement list for the game.

I know I didn't see a running back run backwards, and around and then almost score a touchdown at the 2:02 min mark... oh god.. the flukes are back!

[quote name='kevgret']I loved the part where the running back runs backwards for 10 yards and then turns it up field for like 30... so realistic!

go madden!

(The play is at the 2:00 minute mark)

garbage. pass.

Kevin[/quote]
LMAO exactly what I was thinking, after I saw that play I stopped watching. Game is utter crap their icon system is terrible looks like a typical EA sports game (arcade style.)

[quote name='spoo']First reviews are in:

5 out of 5 from Yahoo.

9.0 from 1up.[/quote]
I'm guessing thats because EA being the gaming giant that they are generously gave away copies to these companies for their employees.

In closing this game is crap and I wouldn't even spend my time downloading or playing the demo

[quote name='seen']LMAO exactly what I was thinking, after I saw that play I stopped watching. Game is utter crap their icon system is terrible looks like a typical EA sports game (arcade style.)

I'm guessing thats because EA being the gaming giant that they are generously gave away copies to these companies for their employees.

In closing this game is crap and I wouldn't even spend my time downloading or playing the demo[/QUOTE]
Wow you played it already or just speaking out of your ass? ;)

[quote name='seen']LMAO exactly what I was thinking, after I saw that play I stopped watching. Game is utter crap their icon system is terrible looks like a typical EA sports game (arcade style.)

I'm guessing thats because EA being the gaming giant that they are generously gave away copies to these companies for their employees.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, you are saying that by giving away their "utter crap" game gains them good scores?
[quote name='seen']
In closing this game is crap and I wouldn't even spend my time downloading or playing the demo[/QUOTE]
But it is worth typing a message about how crappy the game is and wasting time watching Madden trailers?

I like how the avg user score for Madden 08 is 4.1 from posters like you that troll.

[quote name='Thomas96']I know I didn't see a running back run backwards, and around and then almost score a touchdown at the 2:02 min mark... oh god.. the flukes are back![/QUOTE]

I think all they are trying to do there is show off the new "weapons" system, or basically the speed that some speed backs can possess

bread's done
Back