Madden 09 League-Congratulations Soodmeg!

I have my copy paid for. Thanks to yourfree360games. I'm not getting the head coach until the price goes down and hopefully by that time I should already be tired of Madden 09. It would give me something new to play.

I'm thinking about getting the CE as well. Is that horrid "XX" cover just a slipcase with a regular game case underneath? And will NFL HC have its own regular case with it? I hate buying CE's that don't fit well with the rest of the game cases.

I've got a question for you guys. I pre ordered madden last month from Amazon and I know the game will be released on August 12th but my shipping date is august 18th. Is this a bullshit estimate or am I really not getting the game at launch?

I played the demo. It seems pretty similar to 08, but then again I only tried the Madden Moment with only 1 minute to play. I mean c'mon, the file is over a gig and that's practically all they've given out.

1st day for me too....

Gamestop's weekly coupon is 40% more trade-in credit toward Madden 09 (+10% more with edge), so that's not that bad of a deal. Best on high priced items (games with regular $30 credit, you'd get like $42ish)

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Hey guys I gotta drop out of the league some stuff came up and I had to sell my 360[/QUOTE]

I will take his Rams for "my" Falcons......Is that cool?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I predict we get through week 6 before things go ape shit.[/quote]

[quote name='JimmieMac']There are many games that people try and set up leagues/tournaments for, few succeed. This will be one of the many that does not.

Prove me wrong children, prove me wrong.[/quote]

[quote name='SoNiC1023']Hey guys I gotta drop out of the league some stuff came up and I had to sell my 360[/quote]Yeah, that's about right.... I think I'll have to change my original prediction to an earlier point in the season though. Sheesh.

Ok, the Rams are yours (Pelf) and The Chop Suey has the Falcons.

I'm not sure if this league will work either. I'm just hoping Flex Scheduling will make it work.
I think as long as every person in the league gets Madden 09 within a week of league creation, everything will be good.

There is a 50G achievement in Madden and all you have to do is turn on the game. Or so it seems...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SoNiC1023']Hey guys I gotta drop out of the league some stuff came up and I had to sell my 360[/quote]

Hey Sorry to hear that Sonic1023, I hope what ever came up works out, good luck with it.

I'm excited about madden and even more excited that I get to control the cowboys. Though I'm not any good with online competition i'm predicting my 1st league season record to be 0-16 but who knows well see. AT least I'm expecting to get the same excitement the Dolphins had with their first win.

Are we going to wait for a preseason roster update so that teams are accurate and I get Brett Favre back? :)

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ok, the Rams are yours (Pelf) and The Chop Suey has the Falcons.

I'm not sure if this league will work either. I'm just hoping Flex Scheduling will make it work.
I think as long as every person in the league gets Madden 09 within a week of league creation, everything will be good.

There is a 50G achievement in Madden and all you have to do is turn on the game. Or so it seems...[/QUOTE]

I thought you were joking. Yes, there's a 50 point secret achievement for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
wonderful... so online seasons... can you do franchises or just 1 season online? Is there a reliable list of online season/franchise features/info? There appears to be a lot of pages of, I heard from my brother, who talked to a store manager, who's old college roomate is secretly sleeping with the wife of one of the designers of Tiger Woods 2009, but is friends with the guys who made Madden, and they say, "..."

[quote name='Matt Young']Are we going to wait for a preseason roster update so that teams are accurate and I get Brett Favre back? :)
[/quote]

Well matt, looks like you are stuck with Aaron Rodgers.:bouncy:

Agreed.
AND, I discovered that I am working on the 12th.
That doesn't mean that the league won't happen, it just means don't expect the league to exist and be fully operational until the 13th or 14th.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Agreed.
AND, I discovered that I am working on the 12th.
That doesn't mean that the league won't happen, it just means don't expect the league to exist and be fully operational until the 13th or 14th.[/QUOTE]

What about rosters? The Favre thing doesn't make a difference for me now, but I'm sure whoever has the Jets will want him, and the Dolphins might get a competent QB in Chad Pennington.

Right now I'm debating on getting the game. I actually care more about Head Coach than Madden this year.

I canceled my pre-order for Madden CE and switched it over to GoW 2 LE and Left 4 Dead. But I may still pick it up from Wal-Mart on Tuesday. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up so we can have replacement lined up for the Bears if I don't end up getting the game.

And Matt, the EA guys are planning on releasing a roster update on the day the game comes out with Favre on the Jets. Pennington probably won't be on the Dolphins on the first update though.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Apparently there is a roster update released on 8/11, and Favre will be a Jet.[/quote]

And Jason Taylor will be a Redskin. /sigh Why did I pick the Dolphins again? :lol: Oh yeah, because I'm a fan.

No kidding.
I had a feeling that with proper scheduling and stat tracking the league would have been a huge success.
This just sucks (but I'll still do it).

My interest in getting this game seriously dropped a whole lot after reading that. The fact that you have to play every team seems like a job rather than being fun.

I don't mind playing every team, personally. But it's going to last twice as many games as a real NFL season. At least we can play the games whenever we choose to.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']My interest in getting this game seriously dropped a whole lot after reading that. The fact that you have to play every team seems like a job rather than being fun.[/quote]

Same here. The lack of divisions and stat tracking is killing it for me. I'll probably still pick it up, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up on day 1 anymore.

Wow! We've set a new record for ineptitude. League failure even before it started. What an odd choice by EA doing it this way.

bread's done
Back