Madden 09 League-Congratulations Soodmeg!

[quote name='moonknight25']Who pissed in your coffee? I was talking to the peeps who are in both leagues. Btw go USF BULLS baby! ;)[/quote]

In a manner of speaking, you did. It's just a bit of a slap in the face to people in this league (and Jagged's for that matter) who are struggling to go a single week without someone dropping out.

We understand, you think Madden is shit, you're "tired of it", or any of the other million and one excuses people give for dropping out and leaving 31 other players hanging. I'm sorry. I just think it's disrespectful, and therefore, I could care less about disrespecting you. Simple as that.

God damn it.

I think we should keep record of who drops out so we can make sure they never join another CAG league. Week 2 of the real NFL and week 3 on the league and like 5 people have already dropped.

Enough of the fighting can someone pick up the Eagles and play me already. I'm reading to give McNabb a good ole southern ass whoopin.

Yeah, Eagles are available. Popgemoth, for the millionth time you have more time because your opponents keep dropping out. Sorry about that.

Hey, I have a friend that should be joining the CAG message boards tonight or tomorrow to join a Madden league, and he's a big Eagles fan. Can I reserve this team for him? I'm going to go see a movie with him in half an hour, so I'll make sure he joins.

[quote name='sj41']Hey, I have a friend that should be joining the CAG message boards tonight or tomorrow to join a Madden league, and he's a big Eagles fan. Can I reserve this team for him? I'm going to go see a movie with him in half an hour, so I'll make sure he joins.[/quote]

Sorry for the background check, but is he legit? Any douche-like qualities? Any "trading the game in" tendencies?

[quote name='sj41']Hey, I have a friend that should be joining the CAG message boards tonight or tomorrow to join a Madden league, and he's a big Eagles fan. Can I reserve this team for him? I'm going to go see a movie with him in half an hour, so I'll make sure he joins.[/quote]
As long as he is willing to play his games, I have no problem if he joins, and I'll keep the spot open for him.
If he isn't willing to keep the game for at the very LEAST of 4 months, then he shouldn't join.

no not available tonite got a national honor socity thing in the morning gotta go to bed, but can play tomm right after the gmen game if u want, i dont wanna miss that, i think ur a giant fan to so dont think itll b a prob 4 u, and we'll only miss the 1st quarter of the jet-pat game if thats good 4 u text me tommorow at

Last edited by a moderator:
hey me and my week 3 opponent, TheGift, were not able to get our game in, and he left out of town til Thursday, so I guess we will have to wait til then. I will try to get my Week 4 game early.

[quote name='sstyler24']no not available tonite got a national honor socity thing in the morning gotta go to bed, but can play tomm right after the gmen game if u want, i dont wanna miss that, i think ur a giant fan to so dont think itll b a prob 4 u, and we'll only miss the 1st quarter of the jet-pat game if thats good 4 u text me tommorow at xxx-xxx-xxxx[/quote]Hey bud, I'm sure your opponent appreciates you keeping in touch, but I really would suggest you edit out your cell phone number. We've got lurkers here and you can't be too sure what they'll do with it just to be safe.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hey bud, I'm sure your opponent appreciates you keeping in touch, but I really would suggest you edit out your cell phone number. We've got lurkers here and you can't be too sure what they'll do with it just to be safe.[/quote]
thx

(sstyler24) Bengals 21 (Ivanctorres) Giants 18

The game started off with Eli driving right down field on the bad cinci D, when Eli reverted to his old self and threw a costly pick to Jonathan Joesph for a 96 yard pick 6. Eli regained his composure and lead another drive down the field before being sacked and fumbling, Corey Mays calmly picked up the ball and ran it back for a 76 yard TD, Making the score 14-0. Giants make it 14-3 at half with a field goal.

The 2nd half started off with the Bengals driving the ball to the NY 37 and deciding to take a delay of game penalty and punt the ball, on the ensuing punt RW McQuarters fumbled the ball on a bone crushing hit from Simeon Castille and Cincinati recovered the ball on the NY 5 yard line. Cinci then punched the ball in to make it 21-3 on the next play. Then the Giants showed life as the Bengals playing nothing, but deep Dollar defense let the Giants score twice to make it 21-18 with 33 seconds left.

The G-Men had 1 chance at a onside kick, but failed letting the Bengals improve to 1-1 on the season.

TOTAL OFF
Cinc- 65
NY- 311

C. Palmer: 5-9 48 yards 1 int
E. Manning: 20-35 289 yards 2 TDs 1 int 1 fumble

Pts off Turnovers
Cinci 21
NY 0

Cincinati 1-1
NY 2-1

Bengals 21 -Giants 18

Tough loss for the Gmen. They were in the redzone 5 times, completely dominated the offensive side of the ball and came away with a loss b/c of two key turnovers returned for tds in the first two drives of the game.

1st td the Bengals corner...who isn't even good mind you. makes an unbelievable cut on a comeback pass intended for Plax. The timing couldn't have been any better by Eli and this is the second time I fall victim to SStylers' sniping defensive backs. I couldnt have timed the pass any better. Also, the play before the TD, Eli throws a fade to Plax who catches it but he couldn't get two feet in...
Bengals up 7-0
Giants get the ball back and are again in the redzone. Eli goes back for the pass, gets sack and fumbles the ball and the Bengals get yet another TD off the turnover.
Bengals up 14-0
Giants get the ball again and drive into the redzone. Lose a TD on 3rd down to a wide open Kevin Boss who somehow...i am not really sure who drops the ball. The announcer said that the Bengals got a hand on the ball but there was no one near him...so again the bad luck continues
Bengals 14-3
Bengals get ball and can do nothing on offense and turn it over on 4th down. I drive down the field get to about his 30-35, thinking I still have one timeout left but I don't and I don't spike the ball although I think I would have had enough time to do so and lose a shot at the field goal.
Bengals get the ball at the kickoff and again do nothing. They punt...McQuarters fields and fumbles the ball at the 5 and again the Bengals score a defensive touchdown. I probably should have let the ball bounce but it looked like the defense was far enough away where I could make a big play.
Bengals 21 Giants 3
At this point I want to give up and offer the friendly quit but I felt like I had a chance b/c he couldn't stop my offense all game....if I could avoid crucial turnovers I could make a game of it still.
I get the ball back. Get to the redzone and score making it 21-10. I score in workmanlike fashion driving down the field after the kickoff.
Bengals get the ball and do nothing on offense and I get the ball back with about 2 minutes left. At this point I know I am going to have to kick an onside kick if I do score...but heck stranger things have happened...if my opponent can get three defensive tds why can't I recover an onside kick?!
I get the ball back and score making it 21-16 with about 40 seconds left in the game and one timeout.
I go for two and make it 21-18. I am now in field goal range.

I go for the kick but don't recover and that's all she wrote.
Here are some of the stats to show how good my offense played and how opportunistic SSTyler was...watch out for SStyler. I see the Bengals making the playoffs.

QB Stats
Eli 20 for 35, 289 yards, 2 tds and 1 int, 91.2 QB rating
Palmer 5 for 9 48 years, 0tds and 1 int, 31.0 rating

RB Stats
NYG-Jacobs 4 atts 23 yards (2pt conversion)
NYG-Ward 4 atts 13 yards

Cincy
Daniel Coats 2atts 11 yards 1TD (defensive TD)
C. Perry 7 atts 9 yards

Receiving
NYG-Steve Smith 7 rec 109 yards
Plax 6 rec 71 yards
Toomer 3 rec for 54yards 1 TD
Boss 2 rec 48 yards

Cincy- D. Coats 2 rec 15 yards
Ocho Cinco 2 rec 27 yards
TJ Whoseyourmama 1 rec 6 yards

Teams Stats
Total offense
Giants 311
Bengals 65
Turnovers
Giants -2
Bengals +2
Time of Possession
Giants 12:40
Bengals 7:19

First Downs
Bengals-2
Giants- 15!

[[quote name='sstyler24'](sstyler24) Bengals 21 (Ivanctorres) Giants 18

Then the Giants showed life as the Bengals playing nothing, but deep Dollar defense let the Giants score twice to make it 21-18 with 33 seconds left.
[/QUOTE]

Let the Giants Score???? You didn't stop me all game. I was in the redzone 5 times! The turnovers were the turning point of the game. It is amazing how one can skew the game to their favor.

I guess the only time we play again would be in a potential SuperBowl but I can definetly see you making the playoffs.

[quote name='ivanctorres'][

Let the Giants Score???? You didn't stop me all game. I was in the redzone 5 times! The turnovers were the turning point of the game. It is amazing how one can skew the game to their favor.

I guess the only time we play again would be in a potential SuperBowl but I can definetly see you making the playoffs.[/quote]

I meant that i was letting you take time off the clock instead of you making big plays like the rest of the game. I completly agree you should've won the game as I stated the toal yards and said you drove down the field multiple times. I wasn't trying to skew the game in my favor sorry if you thought that. Good Game and good luck. You will definitly make the playoffs and hope to see you in the Super Bowl!!

It's always a tough loss when statistically you are doing better than the winning team who got lucky on calling the right plays at the right moment.

Saints 20 Broncos 13

Good game n8rockerasu. I broke a big running play up the gut for a TD and got lucky on a few WR screens, other than that it was close.

OT: I'm glad you didnt get some calls like Denver got in the Chargers game today. That was a crazy game. I'm a huge Panthers fan and I'm glad they took care of the Chargers last week and the Bears today. Huge wins without Steve Smith.

Week 3 game: Saints 20 - Broncos 13

I was just overmatched in this game. I felt like I was doing everything I possibly could just to keep the damn Broncos in it. Wanderlai was playing basically a perfect game, until I FINALLY forced him to make a mistake late in the 3rd quarter, when he threw a pick in his own end of the field. I turned that into my only TD of the contest, capping 10 unanswered points on my part, and tying the game 13 all.

Then my defense just started giving up yards again. NO's blocking is just too much to deal with. Bush and McAllister were running all over me, and Wanderlai was even running wideout screens for 20 yards due to the insane blocking. I thought I played decent, I just couldn't freakin stop him. Good game Wanderlai. You know the game well.

Edit: Also, there was one play at the end of the game where I thought I had you. When I kept running up the middle for 8-10 yards at a time, and was juuuuuust waiting for you to get aggressive. Then finally, I took a chance and called for a RB screen. You blitzed, and Young was WIDE OPEN. But somebody had to get a freakin hand up and knock the pass down.

I'm pretty sure that would have tied the game cause he had room to run. I was really considering going for the 2 if I had scored too (didn't even know about the SD/DEN game at that point). I just figured I had trouble stopping you, so it would have been do or die anyway.

Anyone Eagles yet? If not i'm cool with possessing the slacker card for now until someone picks them up and msg me so I can beat McNabb's face in.

I guess I'm gonna be off for a while since my gmen have a bye week 4 and I already played my week 3game with SStyler so I guess I will stand idly by while everyone else plays their games. If anyone wants to play a game for practice just contact me.

hey azu... i no its really hard to do, but you might of not even realized but ur putting in the scores but not updating the standings.

Ok so this guys friend didnt show up this weekend. I'm ready to play my week 2 game today. I don't want to wait any longer. I think 2 days was enough waiting especially when I'm the only one behind on the schedule and the deadline for week 2 is long gone.

EAGLES ARE AVAILABLE.

OK, here's whats going to happen:
TOLMES will take the Chargers.
TheGift (he PMed me before everybody BUT Tolmes) is going to take either the Eagles or Rams.
THIS will leave the Seahawks open as well as another team.
SO
lnguyen and BIGAT will have a chance to take one of the teams remaining (probably going to be the Rams and Seahawks).

Thanks azu!! I'll get my games in ASAP...

Oakland -- TheRock -- When can you play??

NYJ -- xpacdos -- When can you play??

No problem.
Although,
NO MORE CHANGING TEAMS, IT MAKES ME CRY :D :D
If more teams drop out, I'll look into giving the super legit members more teams if they are interested.

My friend said he's down with grabbing the Eagles. His gamertag is Mr Moderator, and his CAG account will be made today.

EDIT- I guess reserving a team only lasts for 2 days? Never heard of that rule before, but whatever. If he can still have the Eagles, let me know.

[quote name='sj41']My friend said he's down with grabbing the Eagles. His gamertag is Mr Moderator, and his CAG account will be made today.

EDIT- I guess reserving a team only lasts for 2 days? Never heard of that rule before, but whatever. If he can still have the Eagles, let me know.[/quote]
It's his.
BigAT, you will be getting somebody, but it'll be either the Seahawks or the Rams.

bread's done
Back