madden 09 on wii, how is it???

lowbgt

CAG Veteran
i had last years version, which would piss me off alot with it's terrible online play and lack of depth,

i know they have call your shots this year and the 5-5 mode, plus with updated rosters and a supposed improved online experience,

what i'm asking is, should i get it again, or just save up for a 360???

i played the demo at gamestop today and i'm not really a madden fan but i had a lot of fun with it and am probably going to get it but i would say rent it first. just because the wii game wont be for everyone.

[quote name='Judge Groovyman']does the wii version have the difficulty ramping features?[/QUOTE]

I'm also curious about this. And, if yes, do they actually work ?

i should just update this myself, since i just went out and got the game the other day, IT SUCKS, if you really want madden, just get the older versions,

new this year, same control issues, worse graphics, a ton of features that most people that aren't 7 or 80 won't use and yes the rosters are updated, other than that I would say stay away, I had high hopes but it's another year wasted on the wii if you ask me

I have to disagree with you lowbgt. I think this Madden is the best Madden for the wii so far and the ratings and reviews show it.

Now, if graphics are your thing, then yeah maybe it's a little let down. Personally, I think the game looks great (for a wii game that is) on my 32" HDTV. They used bolder and brighter colors which tend to look better than the previous editions of the game.

The controls are really the main reason to get the game. They just take a little bit to get used to, but they are better than last years edition, in my opinion. The change in the way the stiff arm works is a plus, and I think the controls are more responsive than last years.

Call your shot is an amazing feature which is something all the platforms should have. It probably my favorite feature.

I don't really care for the 5 on 5 mode, and I think the franchise mode is basically the same as last years. The celebrations can be annoying, but you can just cancel them with the A button. The online play, though, has significantly improved and I haven't had a game that has lagged yet.

Terrible, just terrible. I made the mistake of picking this game up, its actually the first madden ive purchased since 05 on the pc and i wish i hadnt. The graphics are just plain awful, and obviously this was my first madden on the wii so i wasnt used to the controls but it just feels so tedious and ridiculous with the juking and stiff arm and raising your arms to catch a ball and swinging it to kick.

IMO madden just doesnt work on the Wii. as far as the other features, the 5 on 5 is a little kid joke game, dont bother with it. "Call your play" just causes a big pause at the line of scrimmage, its a waste really and adds nothing to the game. Even the mini games arent any fun. FWI I experienced some control lagging, cant compare it to the other wii versions since i havent played em. The game may have been half way playable if it had classic controller support but of course it doesnt.

I got it in one of those GS trade 2 for 1 deals and was lucky to recoup my loss and traded it back to gamestop with 4 other crap ps2 games to get back more than what i put in for it. Dont even make the mistake of getting this game like i did tho.

[quote name='mule']Terrible, just terrible. I made the mistake of picking this game up, its actually the first madden ive purchased since 05 on the pc and i wish i hadnt. The graphics are just plain awful, and obviously this was my first madden on the wii so i wasnt used to the controls but it just feels so tedious and ridiculous with the juking and stiff arm and raising your arms to catch a ball and swinging it to kick.

IMO madden just doesnt work on the Wii. as far as the other features, the 5 on 5 is a little kid joke game, dont bother with it. "Call your play" just causes a big pause at the line of scrimmage, its a waste really and adds nothing to the game. Even the mini games arent any fun. FWI I experienced some control lagging, cant compare it to the other wii versions since i havent played em. The game may have been half way playable if it had classic controller support but of course it doesnt.

I got it in one of those GS trade 2 for 1 deals and was lucky to recoup my loss and traded it back to gamestop with 4 other crap ps2 games to get back more than what i put in for it. Dont even make the mistake of getting this game like i did tho.[/QUOTE]
I own a Wii and PS2, and Wii version's graphics definitely look better than the PS2, as you would expect.

As far the control goes, I'm sticking to my PS2 version because I like regular control. I really wish that in the Wii version, EA would give you the option, in game, to use a Wavebird or some other controller instead of the motion controls. Madden was fun on the GCN using the Wavebird.

As it stands now with the Wiimote and nunchuck there are not enough buttons to go around, so an additional controller would be required if "normal" control was implemented. That is likely what is standing in their way.

bread's done
Back