Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='cmart05']I think i'm going for 0-16... my Bucs are terrible.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty brutal. It was a defensive struggle for the whole first half, though.

Also, I almost had a heart attack when Witten was injured.

League -rough weekend, but I will be picking up the game on my way home today(8/17). I will be available after 6pm to play my games daily.

[quote name='cmart05']I think i'm going for 0-16... my Bucs are terrible.[/QUOTE]

You will beat me, I'm pretty horrendous at this game, and the Skins aren't too good to begin with.

[quote name='IvanHood']That was pretty brutal. It was a defensive struggle for the whole first half, though.

Also, I almost had a heart attack when Witten was injured.[/QUOTE]

yeah the only thing I had going for me were my CBs and my OL. My QBs suck and my WRs kept dropping ball after ball. I can't run the ball when I'm already 14-0 down too and that's a big part of my game, lol. Top 3 pick here we come!

Good game though. :cool:

[quote name='itlnstln']League -rough weekend, but I will be picking up the game on my way home today(8/17). I will be available after 6pm to play my games daily.[/QUOTE]

I think my first game is with you... I can play today if u want

have the eagles joined the league ? if so i get off of work tonight around 9pm eastern time, it takes me thirty min to get home ,....... and is anyone interested in any trades ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']have the eagles joined the league ? if so i get off of work tonight around 9pm eastern time, it takes me thirty min to get home ,....... and is anyone interested in any trades ?[/QUOTE]

I'm always down to trade.. wouldn't mind trading some of my vets for youth.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']ps whats the deal with free agents right now? can i sign someone i want? also random question will the franchise get the online roster updates or is it now set in stone?[/QUOTE]

WTF man! Why are you signing FA's when we said not to? Again to those who may have forgotten, this league is built on successful communication.

Yeah, we are playing on All Pro. On the league page there is video highlight section, might have to take advantage of that. Azu, when is the deadline for advancing the week we are still missing 6 owners I think.

Titans Trade Block Offer.

Also, for any team planing on running the Wildcat formation a lot, I would like to trade Vince Young (85 Speed, 88 AGI, 93 Acc 94 Ball Carrier Vision, 88 Juke) for a good possession WR.

Vince Young is one of the best running QB in the game and can be deadly in the Wildcat Formation. I am looking for a nice over the middle possession WR with good hands......height a plus but not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind trading one of my LOLB + WR that isn't Cotchery for a better WR. WRs are in the 66-67 rating range and my LOLB are 70 (Gholston) and 75 (Thomas), looking for someone around 80, depending on the combo of players.

Moonknight's Jag TRADE BLOCK

I am willing to trade Dennis Northcut and Torry Holt if anyone is interested! Looking for young tackles and tight ends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second, we might have to put in some type of rule for trade block offers so that we dont have a bunch of post about trades. For now I am going to put mine in a spoiler tag simply named trade offer.

That way it keeps the thread neat.

azu disregard my previous PM about the forum.. I just got onto the website and it works and there is a forum on there.

Cool.
Does a deadline of Sunday seem acceptable to everybody for this week? That way you still have 3 game nights and other times to get your games done.

Sunday is fine as long as the Texans aren't signing up Sunday morning or something, haha. How long are we giving people to get the game? Thursday? I'd love to get the game out of the way Thursday night at the latest.

[quote name='ubernes']Sunday is fine as long as the Texans aren't signing up Sunday morning or something, haha. How long are we giving people to get the game? Thursday? I'd love to get the game out of the way Thursday night at the latest.[/QUOTE]
The Texans owner was having trouble joining the league so I sent him an invite last night.
Everyone else has responded that they are getting the game soon or will be joining the league in the next couple days.

I'm going to say right now:
IF YOU AREN'T IN THE LEAGUE BY THURSDAY @ 11:59 PM EST (barring special circumstances) YOU WILL BE REPLACED

Was anyone elses franchise roster jacked up? For the Falcons I had to pretty much completely set the depth chart for the d-line.

Azu, the local news in jax is reporting that a source says that Lord Farva will be in the Purple People Eater suit by week 3 of the preseason. Would you make him your starter? If not i'll give you Cleo Lemon for him..............LOL

ESPN Reports the Tennessee Titans shopping Vince Young.

A unknown source close to the Titans franchise has stated that they are looking to trade first round pick Vince Young. Young who was replaced by Vet Kerry Collins after 2 years at the helm and mediocre play.

The unknown source as also stated that the Titans are close to a deal with the 49ers for veteran WR Isaac Bruce.

[quote name='DT778']Was anyone elses franchise roster jacked up? For the Falcons I had to pretty much completely set the depth chart for the d-line.[/QUOTE]

A little bit. For some reason, Antonio Gates was my long snapper. Just because he can dribble through his legs playing basketball doesn't mean he can play the long snapper postiion. :lol:

[quote name='Azumangaman']Pure Apathy, did you change your GT? A guy named Reaxn is the Eagles. Just wanted to check if its you or not before I boot him.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not me. Give him the boot!

He's booted. Get the fuck in the league, Pure Apathy :)
Only 2 others are Broncos owner (said he's getting it on Wednesday so no biggie) and Ravens owner (I've heard nothing from him)

Bfauble - sorry, but I was just getting in a quick local game with a friend of mine and then going back to the Giants game. Are you going to be around tomorrow?

I just joined... sorry I was gone pretty much all weekend.

My depth chart was pretty fucked up too. Ray Rice wasn't even in my RB depth chart, but he was listed as WR3 and my oline was all messed up.

Remove me from the league. I'm not going to play against people who keep trying to run the score up at the end of the game. If you are up by two touchdowns, you don't need to be calling timeouts and coming out 5 wide in the shotgun to try to run the score up when there are less than 30 seconds left in the game.

*edit*
never mind, I just removed myself.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Remove me from the league. I'm not going to play against people who keep trying to run the score up at the end of the game. If you are up by two touchdowns, you don't need to be calling timeouts and coming out 5 wide in the shotgun to try to run the score up when there are less than 30 seconds left in the game.

*edit*
never mind, I just removed myself.[/QUOTE]

thats sucks dude.. who did u play?

my bad apathy i called one timeout wit 30 seconds, i just wanted to get deangelo over one hundred yards i wasnt tryna run it up man, my bad though if u took it that way

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Remove me from the league. I'm not going to play against people who keep trying to run the score up at the end of the game. If you are up by two touchdowns, you don't need to be calling timeouts and coming out 5 wide in the shotgun to try to run the score up when there are less than 30 seconds left in the game.

*edit*
never mind, I just removed myself.[/QUOTE]

:(

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']my bad apathy i called one timeout wit 30 seconds, i just wanted to get deangelo over one hundred yards i wasnt tryna run it up man, my bad though if u took it that way[/QUOTE]

The last play you ran before you called a timeout with 30 seconds left was a five wide shotgun pass to Moose down the middle for like 20 or 30 yards.... I wouldn't have minded it if you were just running the ball with Williams to try to get his yards/run the clock out... but to me, you were just trying to run up the score and/or boost stats. At that point in the game, all you need to do is run the clock out and be happy you won.

For the record, I quit the game once he called the timeout too. You can ask people I play games with online (Matt Young and FrankySox), and they'll tell you that I don't quit the game no matter how bad I'm getting beat.

The way you handled the last two or three minutes of the game was just unbelievable. I never ran into anything like this in the NCAA league last year.

Before the timeout that wasnt moose it was williams out the backfield, thats when i saw his stats and i didnt go for the score after that, even though i called the timeout it wasnt to boost the score, if im wrong for wanting to get my running back over 100 after i noticed he had 96 yards rushing im sorry, and i dont be tryna carry games along like that u can ask (RamesuThe1) me and him been in countless league together since madden 04.

Wow, pure apathy way to bitch out man. Seriously, you quit our fucking league and lump all of us with a CAG newbie? Grand Chu has been here for like half a month man and you bail on the rest of us...we might as well have kept that rexon guy.

You didnt even bring it up with the rest of us before removing yourself and claiming that we all are a bunch of cheesers you should have known if you had a problem the rest of us would try to work it out. Come on man your pride is so hurt that you bail after 1 game vs some unknown guy even after Azu booted a guy to save you a spot? That is fucking gay.

EDIT: Pure I want to take your side on this because you are a long time CAG. Even if this guy was a dick we could have easily worked it out and handled it. But to not only quit the game but the entire league is straight lame.

Mr Grand Cru is in need of da boot or some rules, I prefer the latter.

Also I do agree with Soodmeg, and this goes for any other CAG's if someone is playing unfairly please do mention it and we will deal with them or make some rules.

I'll rejoin, but we need to come up with some rules against doing this. I'm here to have fun and want to have a good time whether I win or lose. Hell I'm not even that great at the game, so I'm not even expecting to do that good in the franchise.

I didn't lump the rest of you guys in with him Soodmeg, I was just really pissed off at the time. If I came off that way I apologize to you and everyone else.

But yeah, if I wanted to get pissed off while playing Madden, I'll go and play an online ranked match. I joined the league expecting everyone to be respectful during the games and not pull the shit Mr Grand Chu did.

its all good fellas lets move along and just play and have some fun. like everyone else has been saying if someones ruining it bring it up will fix it. the cag community has been great for the majority ive been here. good to have u back on board pure

I think a simple rule would be is do what you think a real NFL coach would do at that same point. No NFL coach is going to put his star running back in up by two touchdowns to get him over 100 yards. What happens if he sends him out there and he blows out his knee and is done for the season. How does he explain that one to the press and the fans of that team. Also being up by two touchdowns under 2-3 minutes most coaches would'nt be throwing the ball either you proberly would be getting a back-up HB running up the middle as much as possible.

bread's done
Back