Madden 11 and Halo Reach

If you're going to get both, go with Amazon. Get Madden, rollover that $20 credit into Halo Reach and then you can use that other $20 credit from Reach for a future game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's also the Gamestop 'trade 2 get $40 off Madden or Crackdown 2' promo going on now up until Madden's release.

If you have a Sears with a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Dirt 2 for PS3 for $5 each, you could take $40+ off the cost of Madden.

Here's the list of eligible games: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/save40madden/[/QUOTE]

Dang. I wish my Sears' clearance selection didn't suck.

[quote name='Thongsy']If you're going to get both, go with Amazon. Get Madden, rollover that $20 credit into Halo Reach and then you can use that other $20 credit from Reach for a future game.[/QUOTE]

Good call. I'm going to hold off until I see what TRU has to offer with Madden. They typically do a Buy Madden Get Another Game 50% Off when Madden comes out. If they don't do that I'll probably go with the Amazon deal.

[quote name='importguyr34']Damn that's the best deal?[/QUOTE]

You don't consider getting $40 for buying two games you were going to buy anyways a good deal?

I took advantage of the Sports Illustrated / Madden 10 deal last year, I wish they did that again ( subscribe to the mag and get Madden along with a dvd.) Haven't seen anything close to that this year, so I will probably be a late adopter.

[quote name='importguyr34']Yeah its lookin that way for me too... was hoping for 40 bucks out the door, w/o having to use some amazon credit..[/QUOTE]

You're going to buy other games in the future right?

[quote name='SEH']You're going to buy other games in the future right?[/QUOTE]
Possibly but still... i could find deals on those 2 games and not have to worry about paying 60 for even one of them. That's what I'm hoping for.

[quote name='importguyr34']Possibly but still... i could find deals on those 2 games and not have to worry about paying 60 for even one of them. That's what I'm hoping for.[/QUOTE]
Madden never sells for $40 on release date unless you're buying for PS2. Or if you do some sort of scam. You will likely find a $50 deal, maybe get it on release date for $50 but probably not. The reason Amazon is the best deal is because (1) they dont charge tax and (2) they have the $20 gift card with just about every pre-order ever.

So if you buy this you will be guaranteed $40 brand new games forever. If you want to use the $20 on something else it works because Amazon usually has the best prices.

I know I'm getting Madden from Amazon. I have trade credit from them and then I will maybe get Halo Reach, but definitely getting NHL 10 and NBA 2k10. I'll probably just end up paying $40 for these games FOREVER now.

I told my friend to preorder Madden from Amazon for the same reason but people just don't listen. The kid goes to Gamestop and tells me that he was over there anyway. Well you only need to use the internet for Amazon!

So, I'd recommend Amazon as the best bet, since it's $40 forever after that. Or you can hope for a $50 sale. You won't see $40 for close to two months though.

I've been doing this for almost 5 years now.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Madden never sells for $40 on release date unless you're buying for PS2. Or if you do some sort of scam. You will likely find a $50 deal, maybe get it on release date for $50 but probably not. The reason Amazon is the best deal is because (1) they dont charge tax and (2) they have the $20 gift card with just about every pre-order ever.

So if you buy this you will be guaranteed $40 brand new games forever. If you want to use the $20 on something else it works because Amazon usually has the best prices.

I know I'm getting Madden from Amazon. I have trade credit from them and then I will maybe get Halo Reach, but definitely getting NHL 10 and NBA 2k10. I'll probably just end up paying $40 for these games FOREVER now.

I told my friend to preorder Madden from Amazon for the same reason but people just don't listen. The kid goes to Gamestop and tells me that he was over there anyway. Well you only need to use the internet for Amazon!

So, I'd recommend Amazon as the best bet, since it's $40 forever after that. Or you can hope for a $50 sale. You won't see $40 for close to two months though.

I've been doing this for almost 5 years now.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda a cool way to look at it. It's like a $40 new release club for only a $20 fee! If I bought more new releases, I would totally do that.

I'm going to wait until the first week of the nfl season before I even consider madden. I love the nfl but soccer and hockey are so much better video game sports and both come out next month

SI is doing the free copy of Madden 11 again this year if you sign up for a subscription. Just go to their website. The link is on the main page. Also Target.com has Madden 11 for $49.99. Lowest price I have seen yet.

bread's done
Back