Madden 12 $44.99 (PS3/360) $37.49(WII) + FS

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']There was a thread on this awhile back..It is a good deal if you are looking for Madden.. Tried getting Amazon to price match but got denied 5 times[/QUOTE]

Amazon has a $20 pre-order bonus on it already so I doubt they will PM. Good deal if your looking for instant money off though.

[quote name='blazenumb1']Amazon has a $20 pre-order bonus on it already so I doubt they will PM. Good deal if your looking for instant money off though.[/QUOTE]

Nope.. a BUNCH of us CAG'ers got a $44.95 price match.. plus the $20 gift card.

[quote name='kevgret']Nope.. a BUNCH of us CAG'ers got a $44.95 price match.. plus the $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Just now? If so, what can I do to get that too?

[quote name='blazenumb1']Just now? If so, what can I do to get that too?[/QUOTE]

Place your pre-order then contact Amazon's customer service about matching the Toys r Us sale price.

I got lucky today. Ordered and immediately sent an email to Amazon. 30 minutes later I got a response and my total was adjusted.

[quote name='kevgret']Nope.. a BUNCH of us CAG'ers got a $44.95 price match.. plus the $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong, or thinking of something else... But don't you mean you kinda scammed them/tricked them and they realized their mistake, but enough people complained they let some keep it?

Because c'mon, they would never in their right mind willingly give anybody Madden new on release for a net price of $25...

Thank you CAG!!

I e-mailed Amazon about this. They would not match the price, but they did give me a $10 credit on my account. I canceled my pre-order. Then put it back in my account, and paid for it with the $10 credit. So:

$60 Madden - $10 Credit - $20 GC promo = $30 Madden 12 :D

[quote name='JKSonic']Maybe I'm wrong, or thinking of something else... But don't you mean you kinda scammed them/tricked them and they realized their mistake, but enough people complained they let some keep it?

Because c'mon, they would never in their right mind willingly give anybody Madden new on release for a net price of $25...[/QUOTE]

I don't personally believe in harassing AMZ CSR's, but I think that's what you are referring to...where some people can't take no for an answer and keep contacting them (one guy here contacted them 35 friggin' times!) until you get it.

I was fortunate enough to get in on the deal...but I sent them 1 email with the TRU link. I politely inquired if they could match the TRU price for my pre-order...I even mentioned that I know it's not their policy to PM. The next day they adjusted my total.

My take is they will happily accommodate customers who are consistent shoppers with a great history (i.e. no constant returns, cancellations, bickering with CSR's, etc.).

BTW...I've been playing the Madden 12 demo and I love it! Tackling physics are great, especially when a lineman has a HB wrapped up and a LB spear-tackles the HB from a different direction...with more impact than last year's game. Gameplay and controls just feel better and more responsive overall.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I don't personally believe in harassing AMZ CSR's, but I think that's what you are referring to...where some people can't take no for an answer and keep contacting them (one guy here contacted them 35 friggin' times!) until you get it.

I was fortunate enough to get in on the deal...but I sent them 1 email with the TRU link. I politely inquired if they could match the TRU price for my pre-order...I even mentioned that I know it's not their policy to PM. The next day they adjusted my total.

My take is they will happily accommodate customers who are consistent shoppers with a great history (i.e. no constant returns, cancellations, bickering with CSR's, etc.).

BTW...I've been playing the Madden 12 demo and I love it! Tackling physics are great, especially when a lineman has a HB wrapped up and a LB spear-tackles the HB from a different direction...with more impact than last year's game. Gameplay and controls just feel better and more responsive overall.[/QUOTE]

What email did you send your request to?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I don't personally believe in harassing AMZ CSR's, but I think that's what you are referring to...where some people can't take no for an answer and keep contacting them (one guy here contacted them 35 friggin' times!) until you get it.

BTW...I've been playing the Madden 12 demo and I love it! Tackling physics are great, especially when a lineman has a HB wrapped up and a LB spear-tackles the HB from a different direction...with more impact than last year's game. Gameplay and controls just feel better and more responsive overall.[/QUOTE]

Tried what you did with email and through chat, didn't get anything. Oh well.

[quote name='JKSonic']Maybe I'm wrong, or thinking of something else... But don't you mean you kinda scammed them/tricked them and they realized their mistake, but enough people complained they let some keep it?

Because c'mon, they would never in their right mind willingly give anybody Madden new on release for a net price of $25...[/QUOTE]

Please don't say I scammed them.

I emailed amazon and asked them to pricematch TRU's $44.99 price. They did..end of story..

so yes.. I am getting madden for net $24.95 but I certainly did not "scam" amazon.

Kevin

[quote name='TheBiz']What email did you send your request to?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, I logged in to my account, then go to "Help", from there to "Contact Us". You select your pre-order for Madden 12, and then select "E-Mail". I wrote a simple and polite email to see if they could possibly PM the TRU price (with a link to the TRU Madden 12 page).

That's pretty much it really. The rest is up to them. My honest advice is, if they, for whatever reason don't PM, leave it be. I'm sure you'd be inclined to try again, and sure trying one or two more times may not hurt, but be aware once they say "no" to you they may place a flag on your account concerning the situation. Meaning, the next CSR will see you've already contacted them about the Madden 12 TRU price match and were already denied.

Odds are you might be denied again. What you definitely don't want to do is be the customer that keeps contacting them after 3 or more denials. I stick to just 1 inquiry almost always, and that's it. Especially since this "deal" is more about Amazon really going above and beyond for certain customers and not about general customer entitlement.

It definitely doesn't hurt to try once...give it a shot and good luck!

I tried one more time and said I was aware of their policy and such. Got a really, really long response basically saying there was no way I was going to get a refund, complimentary credit, anything. It was almost condescending in the way it was worded.

Got rejected on live chat. Sent an email. I am not expecting anything to come of it. During the live chat it took him a LONG time to get back to me so I imagine he talked to someone and they told him "NO!"

[quote name='Supes']What about Best Buy? Will they price match? I apologize if this is a stupid question[/QUOTE]
I think it's possible but it would be really hard since this is only a online offer and not in store.

I ordered madden 2012 for 360 last night on Walmart.com but there stating it releases sept 6th. on the estimated arrivle time for all shipping services. Is walmart often wrong on this stuff are they really gonna not gonna release and ship on the 30th?

[quote name='Xenokai']I ordered madden 2012 for 360 last night on Walmart.com but there stating it releases sept 6th. on the estimated arrivle time for all shipping services. Is walmart often wrong on this stuff are they really gonna not gonna release and ship on the 30th?[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue when I went to pre-order Fallout: NV last year. They weren't going to ship the game for a week after its release date. Needless to say I went somewhere else for the game.

Well I ordered from amazon and called them about getting it price matched. The guy I talked to said the $20 promotional credit would be an instant rebate, so when it was shipped it would only be $40. I doubt that, gonna email them tomorrow.

Just called and live chatted Amazon. I was denied the price match but I did learn from a supervisor that once 1000 "tell us about a lower price" are logged it send an alert to the pricing team. Not before. Lets all click that link

[quote name='goUGA']Well I ordered from amazon and called them about getting it price matched. The guy I talked to said the $20 promotional credit would be an instant rebate, so when it was shipped it would only be $40. I doubt that, gonna email them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely email them as well.

E-mailed them and also filled out the little "tell us about a lower price" and I got an e-mail this morning that sounded like I got no where in the beginning but...

"Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

I've reviewed your order and see that your items haven't shipped yet.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships."

WIN! Just mention in the e-mail that unless they price match Toys R Us you'll be ordering from TRU.

[quote name='Inframidi']E-mailed them and also filled out the little "tell us about a lower price" and I got an e-mail this morning that sounded like I got no where in the beginning but...

"Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

Under the circumstances, I'll make an exception for you and will reduce the price of the item to the currently-listed price of $44.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships."

WIN! Just mention in the e-mail that unless they price match Toys R Us you'll be ordering from TRU.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did the same thing last night (preorder, then e-mail them about finding a lower price) and got a generic "Here's our policy, we don't price match" e-mail. Oh well.

I have no problem with ordering from Toys R' Us, I was just hoping for same day delivery from Amazon.

[quote name='Inframidi']E-mailed them and also filled out the little "tell us about a lower price" and I got an e-mail this morning that sounded like I got no where in the beginning but...

"Hello,

WIN! Just mention in the e-mail that unless they price match Toys R Us you'll be ordering from TRU.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the good one, but it doesn't seem to matter what you do. Some people have gotten that just by saying "I found a lower price" and nothing else. It's obviously YMMV and dependent on who reviews your inquiry, but I'd venture to guess that based on this and other threads the success rate is way lower than the rejection rate.

I've never complained or given representatives trouble or returned an item in my six years of doing business with Amazon, so it doesn't have anything to do with your history either. Of course, it doesn't hurt to try at least once, but after my third and final attempt on Monday I didn't even get a response. Also, when I did live chat, the representative said the image did not show price drop, so I guess some of them don't even bother to check the item you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the standard edition through TRU. I'll purchase the game at a midnight release, then when my TRU copy arrives, I'll return it against the local store receipt. It's a little bit of work but I get the game when I want, and at the TRU price. It seems like Amazon isn't going to budge on this one.

[quote name='desertraider']I ordered the standard edition through TRU. I'll purchase the game at a midnight release, then when my TRU copy arrives, I'll return it against the local store receipt. It's a little bit of work but I get the game when I want, and at the TRU price. It seems like Amazon isn't going to budge on this one.[/QUOTE]

I had to read this a few times to get what you were doing, lol. I thought what the hell??? at first, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I had to read this a few times to get what you were doing, lol. I thought what the hell??? at first, lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL ..... that's what being a CAG is all about. :lol:

As an update, I pre-ordered via Amazon and e-mailed them about a price match and got rejected.

Thought about it for awhile, saw a few more examples of people getting it to work so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try one more time.

Got a different customer service rep and had more luck.

"However, as a one time exception to our standard policy, I have reduced the price of "Madden NFL 12", you ordered from us to $44.99."

I figued i would try it also! Worst case I cancel my order and do it get from ToysRus. I would rather save 15.00 up front then have 20.00 for later.

Just reporting: tried PMing @ amazon, got standard boiler plate response "no pm policy". A little tweaked as I preordered as soon as it was on amazon months and months ago. Ive been prime for years and spend quite a bit so it is totally YMMV (based on the rep you get) as people said.

bread's done
Back