Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

[quote name='merchie89']yeah i emailed um 2-3 times in the past 1 1/2 days, got 3 degrees of answers. Like others said, just keep trying I guess??[/QUOTE]

can you pm me the copy of your email that u sent to them? im not getting any lucky by saying

I just pre-ordered Madden 2012 on your website for 59.99. But Toys R Us is offering the same deal for $44.99
can i get a price adjustment or a $15 promo?

[quote name='merchie89']i got the same email as the dude above with the $15 promo for later.

Hey guy above, here is what you do. Just submit a new order for madden 12, and the promo will be available to use. and you still get the $20 for later!!!!!

SWEET!![/QUOTE]

I get that, but I already have my $20 promo from NCAA 12 applied to my Madden preorder, so my question is if I cancel my preorder and preorder again, I'll have the $15 promo from my email, but will I also have the $20 promo from NCAA 12 or will it be considered used since it was already applied to my first preorder? Make sense? I realize on top of all that I'll get the $20 promo credit after Madden ships.

Its probably not worth the game because I'll be buying more stuff from Amazon anyway so the $15 will get used eventually, I was just curious.

Here's the really sweet part about getting the promo instead of the price adjustment (although its a LONG SHOT). If Amazon actually matches the TRU price because they keep getting hammered with requests, those of use who got the promo, the price still shows $59.99 so we'd get the new price of $44.99, while those who got the price adjustment wouldn't get anything else. Now odds of Amazon actually matching the price.........less than 1% I imagine.

Thanks for the notice OP. I got amazon to match it right after I pre-ordered this morning.

Hello,

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

Because of the circumstances, I've made an exception to our policy. I've changed the price of Madden NFL 12 from $59.99 to $44.99.

Best regards,

Bharath M.
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company

Item(s) Subtotal: $44.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.99
-----
Total Before Tax: $45.98
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $45.98

Edit:

[quote name='Ketsui']has anyone tried this?

preorder it on amazon. then contact amazon about price matching from toyrus..and get the applied discount??[/QUOTE]

That's what I did.

Looks like most people are having success with the price match..

Can someone who got the price match let me know exactly what you asked amazon? did you email them or chat them?

I would love to do this if I could get the price match,

[quote name='akir']yay I got my price adjusted to 44.99 and with my kindle code for 10 off its 34:eek:9![/QUOTE]

how did u do that???

they emailed me back with the same message as the guy above wrote. So I used $25 credit I had to buy Madden 12, total came out to be $35, and they said they were going to give me $15 credit. So am assuming i ll get $20 pre-order promotion, and this $15 credit, which comes out to be total of $35 in credit. Amazon your awesome!!!

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Denied through email. Someone please post a successful email so we can get in on this please[/QUOTE]

I don't have my email, but I got the $15 promotional credit for a future order rather than a price adjustment. I had pre-ordered Madden 12 right after I got my NCAA 12 credit (so around 7/12). I just wrote them and said I had preordered Madden 12 on 7/12 for $59.99 and I now see that ToysRus.com has it for $44.99 (I inserted the link here). Then I said that I always enjoyed shopping at Amazon and would rather give them my business than toysrus but $15 was a pretty signficant difference in price and I would appreciate anything they could do to help with regards to the price difference. I then thanked them and signed off.

I didn't threaten to go to ToysRus or anything (although it was certainly implied I suppose) and just stayed positive about how I like Amazon. Now if they look at my order history, they'll see I've ordered 3 other games from them in the last 3 months, so maybe that figured into it. If its your first time ordering from Amazon, you probably can't sell the 'I really like Amazon' line if you've never shopped with them before or anything.

Bottomline is I feel lucky because with the promotional credit of $20 its cheaper than TRU. Of course, TRU is cheaper out of pocket, so that is a signficant difference for many.

Sent a email, got a precanned response that wasnt really an answer to anything really.

So I sent another email, hopefully someone else works that one.

[quote name='Ketsui']how did u do that???[/QUOTE]

through email. it took two tries, but the second guy did it for me! I just said I preordered Madden back in June and it had come to my.attention that toys r us had a cheaper price and then I linked it. then I said other people were being given tru price and quoted an email from this thread and I got a reply.saying sorry and.that they adjusted to.44.99.

Denied on Live Chat.

They gave me this BS response about how they "strive to offer the lowest prices" but then said "unfortunately we will not be able to honor that price."

Baffling how their competitor is offering the game for 25% less and they claim to still offer a better price.

what category do you select when sending the email? Problem with an Order, Returns and Refunds, Change an Order, Payment issues?

[quote name='whodeybengals9']Denied on Live Chat.

They gave me this BS response about how they "strive to offer the lowest prices" but then said "unfortunately we will not be able to honor that price."

Baffling how their competitor is offering the game for 25% less and they claim to still offer a better price.[/QUOTE]

Well technically, taking the future $20 credit into account they are still cheaper. But as far as OOP expense, then yeah, that's bs.

[quote name='kitkatjam23']I just revised an email that someone had quoted earlier in this thread.

"I pre-ordered Madden 2012 for the XBox 360 on your website for $59.99. But Toys R Us is offering the same deal for $44.99 (URL provided: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590 ).

Would it be possible to get a price adjustment or a $15 promo?"

That's it![/QUOTE]

did the same thing, didnt work. i think it all depends on the customer rep reading your email. will try again hoping to get a good rep

[quote name='hle078']did the same thing, didnt work. i think it all depends on the customer rep reading your email. will try again hoping to get a good rep[/QUOTE]

"I just ordered Madden 12 for the XBOX 360 and then discovered that it was cheaper at Toys R Us. I know you guys don't really price match but I wanted to make sure before I canceled my order. Here is a link to their price: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11643590 " By making it sound like you're ready to go straight to TRU, they may be more quick to match.

[quote name='chriscolbert']"I just ordered Madden 12 for the XBOX 360 and then discovered that it was cheaper at Toys R Us. I know you guys don't really price match but I wanted to make sure before I canceled my order. Here is a link to their price: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11643590 " By making it sound like you're ready to go straight to TRU, they may be more quick to match.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the email.. I added a few lines of my own and sent it to amazon. Within 5 minutes I got an email back saying a one time exception will be made and my order price has been adjusted to $44.95.. add to this the $20 credit and its a no brainer...

Thanks everyone.. and thank you amazon!

[quote name='kevgret']Thanks for the email.. I added a few lines of my own and sent it to amazon. Within 5 minutes I got an email back saying a one time exception will be made and my order price has been adjusted to $44.95.. add to this the $20 credit and its a no brainer...

Thanks everyone.. and thank you amazon![/QUOTE]

Good deal. I hadn't planned on getting Madden (at least not right away), but this definitely pushed me over the edge. I thought NCAA would get me through but with all the problems that game seems to be having (I've only been playing Road to Glory) it will make the transition even easier.

I was able to get it at 49.99 after sending an e-mail. Try it via chat first but no success. I'll take it at 49.99 with 20 gift card..not bad!! Thanks CAG!!

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I already have this game. It's called Madden 08. :lol:

Just teasin'[/QUOTE]

I love playing a game with roster's 4 years out.of date...

[quote name='akir']I love playing a game with roster's 4 years out.of date...[/QUOTE]

Me too. It really doesn't matter to me what the players names are. The gameplay is all that matters to me. Ron Wood might as well be Stark Lightfeather for all I care.

First of all, thanks to whoever it was that found this.

I was able to get Amazon to drop the price to $49.99. I preordered it this morning, and then this afternoon sent them an email. I was stern, yet polite. I said something along the lines that they normally provide the lowest price on the web, so I wanted to know if they planned on dropping it. I told them if they had no plans to drop the price that I would cancel the preorder to buy it from Toys R Us and would do business with Amazon another day. Ended it with a thank you and sent it.

I received an email back that they normally do not price match but they will make an exception, yada yada. Price was dropped to $49.99. While $44.99 would had been better, it is only $5, I'll receive the $20 credit, and I'll get free release date shipping.

So thanks again.

I got an extra $15 promotional credit after 2 e-mails. For all of you that have got this deal, be sure to click the feedback link at the bottom of the e-mail and tell Amazon how great they are for giving us such a ridiculously good deal.

Got it too. They gave me a $15 "promo credit" immediately, making Madden $60 but with $35 in credit ($15 now, $20 when shipped). Emailed with acknowledgment of price matching policy, but kindly requested them to match TRU.

I got a price match you can copy and paste what I said and try lol...

(This is via EMAIL)

ME:

Hi,

I've been a customer on Amazon for a few years now and have loved your competitive pricing. However, I noticed that Toys R Us has the new Madden for $44.99. Could you please price match this? The link is attached below.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643589

Thanks

Amazon:

Hello,

I've reduced the price of "Madden NFL 12" to $44.99. A detailed summary of your adjusted order, including the new order total, can be found here:

(Link of My Order)

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

(Link for Yes)
(Link for No)

Yeah after 2 emails and 2 chats, I was able to receive the $15 promo.

Thanks OP and everyone else for their input in making this possible.

bread's done
Back