Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

[quote name='Back4more']shot down by email a few weeks ago so I tried chat today. this person, "Melissa", was ruthless. "Melissa" almost seemed to be toying with me by following up my threatened cancellation with not only quickly offering to proceed with canceling the order, but also telling me "I hope you take advantage of that lower price" and "You go a head and enjoy your video game".[/QUOTE]

She was ruthless!

[quote name='Redfield182']After about 4 or 5 emails and 2 chats, still not happening....pretty disappointed by Amazon currently.[/QUOTE]

Disappointed in Amazon? They are already offering a $20 credit with purchase. Those who got the price match are just extremely lucky SOB's. Amazon still wins in my book 9/10 times.

I got pricematched today on my 2nd try! my email went like this.

"I pre-ordered Madden 2012 for the XBox 360 on your website for $59.99. But
Toys R Us is offering the same deal for $44.99 (URL provided:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=11643590 ).

Would it be possible to get a price adjustment or a $15 promo?"

Order number ###-#####-######

Thank you for your time and help.

Make sure you put your order number in your email. if they can just pull it up and do it might be easier then having to search for your account and everything else.

Hello,

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

However, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I've reduced the item cost in the amount of $44.99. I want to make you confirm that you'll be charged only $44.99 for your item.

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']Great Price. Was gonna buy until I played the demo.. Was NOT impressed.[/QUOTE]

I believe the game will be much better than the demo. I know it's choppy and stutters quite often. I believe it's an earlier build of the game so I'm hoping all of that is smoothed out by the time it ships.

[quote name='KillerSmokey24']Great Price. Was gonna buy until I played the demo.. Was NOT impressed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I believe the game will be much better than the demo. I know it's choppy and stutters quite often. I believe it's an earlier build of the game so I'm hoping all of that is smoothed out by the time it ships.[/QUOTE]

Hustla is correct. The current demo we are playing is a build from late April/early May (give or take). If you go to Operation Sports forums, many people who played Madden 12 at this years E3 say the E3 build destroys this current demo...pointing out that the many issues from this demo were not present in the E3 build.

Also, a few people who are part of the Game Changers program already have the game...though they cannot speak of the game in detail until 8/26...a few have gone on record to say that the both the demo and E3 builds don't compare to the final retail build at all.

The only question that boggles my mind is why EA decided for this earlier build for our demo and not at least the E3 build? Oh well...just under 2 more weeks until release!

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Hustla is correct. The current demo we are playing is a build from late April/early May (give or take). If you go to Operation Sports forums, many people who played Madden 12 at this years E3 say the E3 build destroys this current demo...pointing out that the many issues from this demo were not present in the E3 build.

Also, a few people who are part of the Game Changers program already have the game...though they cannot speak of the game in detail until 8/26...a few have gone on record to say that the both the demo and E3 builds don't compare to the final retail build at all.

The only question that boggles my mind is why EA decided for this earlier build for our demo and not at least the E3 build? Oh well...just under 2 more weeks until release![/QUOTE]

Thanks for conforming this! I haven't bought a Madden game since '08 so this will be a good buy for me. Besides if there isn't an NBA season, at least I can play Madden and be happy.

I went to BB today and got it price matched no problem. The representative printed out the ToysRUs ad on the internet and then stapled my preorder reciept to it. All in all it took maybe ten minutes.

[quote name='RavensReign']I went to BB today and got it price matched no problem. The representative printed out the ToysRUs ad on the internet and then stapled my preorder reciept to it. All in all it took maybe ten minutes.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I thought it wasn't possible for them to PM pre-orders, did you pay in full or did he just tell you that you would be charged the remaining balance? I'm going to try this tomorrow but I'm pretty sure with my luck im just going to get "we dont PM online prices".

Well, on the printout he wrote "Please price match on midnight release to 45.99 (and then he signed his name). So, come the night of the 29th, all i will have to do is present my $5 pre-order along with the printout and they'll adjust the price from there.

Honestly, he didnt want to do it at first but if you tell them that you will take your business elsewhere, they will price match it for you.

Hope that helps...

[quote name='RavensReign']Well, on the printout he wrote "Please price match on midnight release to 45.99 (and then he signed his name). So, come the night of the 29th, all i will have to do is present my $5 pre-order along with the printout and they'll adjust the price from there.

Honestly, he didnt want to do it at first but if you tell them that you will take your business elsewhere, they will price match it for you.

Hope that helps...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I tried it out and like I thought they wouldn't do it for me. Went to two different stores, both people I talked to were helpful saw it was $44.99 but landed up calling TRU which informed them its not an in store pre-order price. So in return they came back to me and said since its online only so they couldn't price match it for me. Oh well..

nope tried 5 times no price match. Im just going into the store on Tuesday and buying it for 44.99 at toys r us. THEY WILL HAVE IN STORE FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONLINE. I mean really what else are they going to do increase the online price to 59.99?? I mean its only been at 44.99 for 6 weeks!!!!!!!! And FYI try picking up a phone and calling them or god forbid get up and go to the store and ask.

ToysRUs will raise the online price on Tuesday, and I gurantee no ToysRUs store will match it for $44.99. I already asked last week when I pre-ordered it there.

So thanks for posting information that won't help people Mike. Also lay off the caps please.

[quote name='LF2']ToysRUs will raise the online price on Tuesday, and I gurantee no ToysRUs store will match it for $44.99. I already asked last week when I pre-ordered it there.

So thanks for posting information that won't help people Mike. Also lay off the caps please.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if you can buy it at BB during the midnight release and get them to match the $45.

TRU website would still say $45, right? And it's not like they can call the local TRU at midnight.

This has to be a dumb question, but what e-mail address are you guys sending this to? If it's through my Amazon account, where do I find it?

EDIT: Oops. Answered my own question. Wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeSaveDave']Me too. It really doesn't matter to me what the players names are. The gameplay is all that matters to me. Ron Wood might as well be Stark Lightfeather for all I care.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I do tend to keep sports games for a while, just because the franchise modes are so deep. I like drafting rookies and having them develop into all star players. I like making trades and building a team, and trying to create a dynasty with the team I built. I play the first season with the current roster but from then on I'm the GM.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Honestly, I do tend to keep sports games for a while, just because the franchise modes are so deep. I like drafting rookies and having them develop into all star players. I like making trades and building a team, and trying to create a dynasty with the team I built. I play the first season with the current roster but from then on I'm the GM.[/QUOTE]

Me too, and this year finally allows editing of ratings so if something happens in real life I can track down that player and match him up with the roster updates that happen during the season. Also, I won't get mad about imported draft class players coming out as 50's despite being projected 1st rounders in real life.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Got shot down. Oh well[/QUOTE]

same, Im going to keep trying though because If some got it there is always a way, I will send it to different departments and word it differently.

[quote name='Robman62']same, Im going to keep trying though because If some got it there is always a way, I will send it to different departments and word it differently.[/QUOTE]

I only tried three times both email and chat and by the third time both departments were automatically reading my prior attempts and saying that the information their colleagues shared was accurate.

I don't know if hammering them works as well as it did a month ago when the deal first arose (they've probably informed a lot of employees to not make the adjustment, but a few still do). Just don't overdo it, some people were blocked from chat after a certain amount of attempts.

[quote name='Robman62']same, Im going to keep trying though because If some got it there is always a way, I will send it to different departments and word it differently.[/QUOTE]

good luck. you think Amazon doesnt keep track on the emails you send??? you keep harassing them to PM they will just tell you to fuck off and block you from contacting them from email or chat. Stop trying after 3 times. You get denied you get denied move on. maybe next time they will PM.

I wanted to update and say that I was able to get the $44.99 price match last night through Amazon, after only one email. They told me it was a one time exception, so I'm thinking it may be based on how 'good' of an Amazon customer you are. I'm a paying Prime member and I spend a good amount per year (for over 10 years now), so giving me the discount and keeping me happy might be more important than other, less active accounts perhaps.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal!

$48 for Madden isn't that bad. Was going to pay $90+ with tax for the HOF edition but decided to cancel that once I found out about this. So should the game be arriving this tuesday or will it be a day late?

[quote name='thericochet']I wanted to update and say that I was able to get the $44.99 price match last night through Amazon, after only one email. They told me it was a one time exception, so I'm thinking it may be based on how 'good' of an Amazon customer you are. I'm a paying Prime member and I spend a good amount per year (for over 10 years now), so giving me the discount and keeping me happy might be more important than other, less active accounts perhaps.

Thanks for the heads up on the deal![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't usually buy games new so that probably explains it.

Hearing you guys having all these trouble price matching with Amazon makes me feel guilty. I ended up getting the price reduce and a $15 GC. I got rejected twice in chat and the price matching department, so I ended up sending the emails to random departments. One department couldn't price match it but gave me a $15 GC which I used for another game. I was satisfy after that. But then a hour later, a second email came and price matched TRU.

So I ended up get $30 in discount + the $20 GC

Just pre-ordered thru Amazon then sent a request to match the TRU price. I haven't bought Madden since 09' but for $25 net after the Promo Credit I can't say no. Thanks OP & everybody that has posted their success stories!! $Hopefully the fact that I've been a paying prime member for 3 years and order everything from Cashews to Gun Safes from them will help.

Edit: Here is part of the message I got this morning. "However, to compensate our customers we're offering a $20 Amazon credit for future purchases and an Exclusive Pre-order Bonus, which is not provided by the other website."

Oh well, worth a try. Canceling now. Congrats on those who got it to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe they price matched my order because I've been a customer with them for the past couple of years, and I've spent close to $1,000 with them. They even took back a play n' charger after it crapped out on me. For those reasons alone, i continue to support Amazon!

I've easily dropped a grand a year for six years (on new things, directly from them), never returned anything, never given them trouble, been a reliable seller, and a Prime member for two years. All I asked for was a one-time exception and I showed proof of them doing it for others and they basically called me a liar.

Please don't relate this to customer history; either you get a representative that's willing to help or isn't aware of people overdoing it with this or you don't.

[quote name='Prismatico']I've easily dropped a grand a year for six years (on new things, directly from them), never returned anything, never given them trouble, been a reliable seller, and a Prime member for two years. All I asked for was a one-time exception and I showed proof of them doing it for others and they basically called me a liar.

Please don't relate this to customer history; either you get a representative that's willing to help or isn't aware of people overdoing it with this or you don't.[/QUOTE]

I've spent well over $5000+ on them buying things from Cameras, to Video games. History has nothing to do with it.

Also I tried emailing them twice and was denied, so for the people who got it to work consider yourself lucky.

will bestbuy price match ? plan on going tomorrow and trade games to get 50% extra and get madden it will be amazing if i can get it for 45

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So will the game arrive on release day or will it ship on that day?[/QUOTE]It says free standard shipping so it probably ships that day. I'm hoping it comes by the end of the week.

I tried to price match TRU at Bestbuy and they told me BB was going to price match when the game is released. I am just worried the TRU price will be back to $60 when Madden 12 is released.

Is TRU site acting up for anyone? I tried to order Madden 12 and its not working. When I get to the final stage of payment and I hit "submit order" it kicks me back to the 1st order page. And there is nothing in my order history...

Well, Amazon has one-day left to price-match. I doubt they will before my card is charged considering I am getting Release-Date Delivery. I am pretty much just buying Madden for the $20 credit and the Achievements and then I will just sell it on eBay. I actually already sold the Rookie and Sophomore Teams DLC I received with my pre-order on eBay.

this game better be at my house tomorrow. I got friends that I need to prove that we really are the "dream team of the NFL". When I go to see the trackage I get this

Item(s) on hold until release date: 08 / 26 / 11 so i guess the game will come later this week and not tomorrow?

[quote name='darkvulture']will bestbuy price match ? plan on going tomorrow and trade games to get 50% extra and get madden it will be amazing if i can get it for 45[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. I was going to check to see if my store had a midnight release and try to get the price match, although I remember that in years past BB wouldn't even honor their own coupons on midnight release, let alone a competitor price match. They would only allow you to purchase the game game at a regular register and leave.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']this game better be at my house tomorrow. I got friends that I need to prove that we really are the "dream team of the NFL". When I go to see the trackage I get this

Item(s) on hold until release date: 08 / 26 / 11 so i guess the game will come later this week and not tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
If you're talking about TRU then there is ZERO chance it comes tomorrow. I've pre-ordered a few games from them in the past year and it took close to week after the game's release day for me to receive it.

There is absolutely no reason why they don't ship these things out on Monday. I can understand why they wouldn't earlier because of the slight chance of a customer receiving a game early. But Monday? C'mon.

Just got an email saying it's shipped and it will arrive.... on MOTHER fuckING NEXT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY!!!!! Lesson learned, I will never buy from TRU online again, only instore.

Is this going to be in-store deal ?? That would be sweet. Ill save 15 bucks to buy anything at anywhere.

Meh on giftcards,.especially dysfunctional kmart never knows what about nothin.(shop your way rewards site goes down and no coupons print):applause:

bread's done
Back