Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

[quote name='TheRock88']Just got an email saying it's shipped and it will arrive.... on MOTHER fuckING NEXT TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY!!!!! Lesson learned, I will never buy from TRU online again, only instore.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. Just got the same bullshit.

[quote name='BWeed560']Meh on giftcards,.especially dysfunctional kmart never knows what about nothin.(shop your way rewards site goes down and no coupons print):applause:[/QUOTE]

What do these words mean?

[quote name='sgaldis']What do these words mean?[/QUOTE]

The kmart by me never know what deals or customer services rewards are for the week , they are very UNAWARE employees so the company is really lazy.. So as for you good sir , i hope you know what dysfunctional means?

[quote name='darkvulture']got best buy to price match no problem[/QUOTE]

How did you get them to do it because I'm trying to avoid getting shot down. Did you just show them the price from your phone and they didn't bother calling or what?

[quote name='darkvulture']got best buy to price match no problem[/QUOTE]

Really I thought they didn't match online prices from retail competitors!?

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Really I thought they didn't match online prices from retail competitors!?[/QUOTE]Doesn't matter it's in-store they just have to call & confirm.

[quote name='Enuf']Doesn't matter it's in-store they just have to call & confirm.[/QUOTE]

I only ask because I called my local Toys R Us this morning to ask how much Madden was, and they told me $59.99.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']I only ask because I called my local Toys R Us this morning to ask how much Madden was, and they told me $59.99.[/QUOTE]so did I the girl transfered me to electronics where the rep actually scanned the game for PS3 & it was $45.

I got BB to price match as well - just showed them the price on my phone and they didn't make the call to TRU. I have a feeling that if they had, I'd have been dead in the water. I would also guess that as time goes on, each store will get smart and start shooting this idea down, so the early birds will get this worm. . .

I think the ideal thing to do would be take advantage of the extra 50% trade in at BB. Don't push your luck with the PM then, just buy it. Go out to your car, come back in and see if they'll adjust the price. If not, return it... Win - win. If your store is like mine it's different people that do this stuff now anyway, there's a game section in the back for trade-ins and they do PMing at the CS register up front.

And some people are saying it's $45 in-store and others are saying it's not? Has anybody actually taken it up and had it scanned and it came up as $60?

[quote name='JKSonic']And some people are saying it's $45 in-store and others are saying it's not? Has anybody actually taken it up and had it scanned and it came up as $60?[/QUOTE]
Just came back from Toys R Us. No luck.

it is $45 for the game and $15 for the nfl figure for a total of $60. someone tried to price match the website price of $45 at TRU and was turned down as $45 is the cost of game along with the figure.

[quote name='kenmasters']Just came back from Toys R Us. No luck.[/QUOTE]

You sure about this? I quoted this from the other thread:

Did they ring it up or quote you the sticker price? The sticker says $59.99 here in Ohio but when they actually rang it up in store t showed $44.99. It was apparently and unannounced promo or they rolled the preorder $45 to in store for the week.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']I can verify it rings up $59.99. I got a nice cashier who was able to adjust it for me when I showed him the online price.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I hit TRU this morning since I was out grabbing BBV deals. Rang up fine for me without a preorder. Went to BBY showed then receipt and they PMed, then traded in the TRU one while I was there. Got a weird look because I used the 50% trade in bonus for buyin madden while trading in madden. Would have cost me more to drive over to TRU then trade it in at BBY.

Would have just kept the TRu 1 but 1 of the 5 down for free ($42 TiV) is too good to pass up. So will probably play it for a week or 2 then trade it back in. Just biding time till the big releases.

I just got back from TRU and they had no price tags under Madden so I just asked the guy if the price was $45 and he scanned it and it came up $59.99 and he price matched it and gave me the figure as well.

just went to best buy, traded in Deus Ex for 43.50 (bought it at BB for 49.99 after Fry's price match last week) and picked up madden pre-order, they matched TRU at 44.99 although it will be YMMV I am sure. Never hurts to ask. Add in the 5 for 100 deal and it ends up as 25 net. not too shabby.

Before you ask, got rid of Deus Ex because the load times are HORRENDOUS. Since I like to do it stealth and have to keep loading previous saves when i trip an alarm I spent more time at loading screens than in game.

It is most definitely 59.99 in store at TRU but it never hurts to ask and try to get a PM.

Ended up in Amazon live chat getting a $10 credit for it not shipping yesterday around noon. Also had them price match the TRU price of 44.99 last month.

When I got home it was there. But my shipping status still says shipping soon? Wtf

Anyways pretty happy with $30.00 amazon credit and only paying $44.99 for Madden :)

Well apparently Toys R Us has like the worst pre-order service in the world. Why did my game not ship on release date? Why am I not playing this game right now? Never pre-ordering online again.

[quote name='LittleTokyo']Well apparently Toys R Us has like the worst pre-order service in the world. Why did my game not ship on release date? Why am I not playing this game right now? Never pre-ordering online again.[/QUOTE]

exactly my friend. I hope I get my copy tomorrow. it's already in my state so I know it can't take another 3 days just to deliver a game.

bread's done
Back