Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BSETI50']Yea doom actually has some tough games left[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Don't be surprised when it shows I gave up 200 yards on the ground to Ramesu later today. My defense is depleted.

[quote name='BSETI50']I'm gonna go start poundin water in a sona with sweatshirts on now[/QUOTE]

Ha... for some reason that made me legitimately LOL. Good show, sir.

its weird...I can stop some good running games, but other times I just can't not let up 4 yards. I held ramesu in check for the most part but Zurezo ran all over me. I did stuff him on the goalline twice, offense couldn't do shit tho. Zurezo does a good job of running to both sides in the same formations. Using the te in motion a lot but running to the weak side. I wish I had ikeem.

[quote name='Doomtime']Indeed. Don't be surprised when it shows I gave up 200 yards on the ground to Ramesu later today. My defense is depleted.[/QUOTE]

Giving up 200 yards on the ground seems a lot less dire when you also gain 400. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']Giving up 200 yards on the ground seems a lot less dire when you also gain 400. ;)[/QUOTE]

I wish that was my average yardage but unfortunately it's not. We'll see what happens. This game definitely means more to the Texans though. A loss here will send them to 8-5.

Actually, I need to post the playoff standings.

[quote name='ubernes']Jets v Giants scheduled for 2:30pm EST. Get yer popcorn ready, it's the Jersey Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Go Giants!

I don't think the new Redskins owner can post yet, so I sent damailman a PM, hopefully we can get our game in today.

[quote name='Matt Young']BSETI, did you just admit to violating the league's drug policy? Now bvharris has to administer a piss test.[/QUOTE]
I heard he's skipping the piss, straight to the hair follicle test, BV's not fucking around boys.

[quote name='bvharris']Go Giants![/QUOTE]

Go Redskins! :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Actually, I need to post the playoff standings.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it. Need to see how much pressure I need to put on Sanchez today!

*- wildcard

AFC

1. Kansas City Chiefs (12-0)
2. Tennessee Titans (10-2)
3. Baltimore Ravens (9-3)
4. New York Jets (6-6)
5. *Houston Texans (8-4)
6. *Pittsburgh Steelers (8-4)

In the Hunt

7. New England Patriots (6-6)
8. San Diego Chargers (6-6)
9. Oakland Raiders (6-6)
10. Miami Dolphins (5-7)
11. Indianapolis Colts (5-7)

NFC

1. New York Giants (10-2)
2. San Francisco 49ers (9-3)
3. Detroit Lions (9-3)
4. New Orleans Saints (9-3)
5. *Atlanta Falcons (9-3)
6. *Seattle Seahawks (8-4)

In the Hunt

7. Green Bay Packers (8-4)
8. Carolina Panthers (7-5)
9. Chicago Bears (6-6)
10. St. Louis Rams (6-6)
11. Philadelphia Eagles (6-6)
12. Washington Redskins (5-7)
13. Arizona Cardinals (5-7)

Worth pointing out that even though the Jets are currently in 1st, it's the Patriots who control their own destiny for the division.

Doom, you should do an award race update post as well if you have time. ;)

[quote name='ubernes']Go Redskins! :D
[/QUOTE]

No idea what to expect, since I only have one game to scout on. It's definitely a challenge. I wish he'd played someone other than BigAT, since he's as good as anyone in the league at forcing people off of their offensive gameplan.

I need the Texans to go out on a hefty losing streak, i took a couple losses this year by field goals, one in OT to remember GBPackers....i owe you a shitkicking.

Just looked at my final 4 games of the season...

vs Giants, @ Dolphins, vs Cowboys, @ Chargers

2 of the 4 (MIA, DAL) have beat me this season already. Cowboys as a sub. Giants are 10-2 and are always one of the tougher match ups in the league. And the Chargers are no slouches themselves with big wins and close games throughout the year. Should be an exciting final four weeks of the season. All of them without Dustin Keller, my #1 target receptions wise and #2 by yardage.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']I need the Texans to go out on a hefty losing streak, i took a couple losses this year by field goals, one in OT to remember GBPackers....i owe you a shitkicking.[/QUOTE]

You still have a pulse, though at this point you're on life support. You need a lot of help from the teams in front of you!

@ BV- I'll see if I can whip something up, though with still 4 games to go, the awards are all wide open.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']I need the Texans to go out on a hefty losing streak, i took a couple losses this year by field goals, one in OT to remember GBPackers....i owe you a shitkicking.[/QUOTE]

Ha I beat the texans so now we are even.

[quote name='Doomtime']
@ BV- I'll see if I can whip something up, though with still 4 games to go, the awards are all wide open.[/QUOTE]

TJ Conley for MVP (Most Valuable Punter). Out of 19 punts this season, 9 of them were inside the 20 yard line. Definitely the best percentage in the league! :applause:

[quote name='BSETI50']How many passing attemps do u need to qualify for leaders?[/QUOTE]

14 per game average. Considering you and I play very similar, we'd have to have one game where we come out and throw 40 or 50 times. Not worth it :lol:

[quote name='ubernes']TJ Conley for MVP (Most Valuable Punter). Out of 19 punts this season, 9 of them were inside the 20 yard line. Definitely the best percentage in the league! :applause:[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Apparently the Giants have only punted once this season? Wow

[quote name='Doomtime']
@ BV- I'll see if I can whip something up, though with still 4 games to go, the awards are all wide open.[/QUOTE]

I think Cobie Ross still has a pretty sizable advantage, but I'm obviously biased. :D

If can have 80 attemps in the next 4 games I think id qualify. Not gonna press the issue but it would be nice. If it happens it happens. Just want that bye week

[quote name='bvharris']I think Cobie Ross still has a pretty sizable advantage, but I'm obviously biased. :D[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Kilgo Show! I just need to double my receiving yards. No big deal.

[quote name='ubernes']Welcome to the Kilgo Show! I just need to double my receiving yards. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

And have Ross himself be hit by a truck. ;)

I think the only real challenger at this point is Dallas Strong, since sprice seems to be getting him about 2 or 3 TDs a game now.

Yeah ever since I found some good pass plays involving the slot receiver...I just haven't been leaning on my TE as much. The Sanjay Nash era took place back when I used primarily 2-receiver sets...so my TE was used a LOT in the passing game. I don't expect Brooks (my rookie TE) to be anywhere close to OROY by the end of the season...I wish I had started my rookie WR earlier in the season though, he might've had a chance! Since putting him in the starting line-up 2 weeks ago, he's had 250 yards and a TD. Considering I got shut out and threw 5 picks against static last week...I think he'll only get more effective from here on out...HOPEFULLY

[quote name='bvharris']And have Ross himself be hit by a truck. ;)

I think the only real challenger at this point is Dallas Strong, since sprice seems to be getting him about 2 or 3 TDs a game now.[/QUOTE]

lol what can i say its nice having 2 calvins :)

[quote name='sprice8688']lol what can i say its nice having 2 calvins :)[/QUOTE]

I hate you :D

No word from Cincy yet, I'm off today so if we can get it in sometime today that would be awesome.

Enjoy the playoffs, BV. Gg BigAT.

Gave up two big scoring plays on blown coverage pretty much screwed me out of the game right away. Doesn't help that he caught all the defended passes and my guys dropped easy picks. Story of my Madden life.

Patriots 35 - Redskins 3

The Patriots defense, which has been up and down all season, finally put together an effort resembling what they were able to do last year (when they had five shutouts). For the first time all season they kept their opponent out of the endzone, playing both great pass and rush D in the same game (unheard of). After punting on their first drive, the Patriots offense got on track for the rest of the game.

Tom Brady was his usual efficient self aside from one dumb mistake (which was my fault), going 9 of 11 for 134 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

David Garrard didn't fare as well, going 9 of 21 for 119 yards, and 2 INTs.

Cobie Ross did most of the work for the Pats as usual, carrying the ball 27 times (a season high) for 170 yards and 3 TDs.

Jonathan Stewart had 45 yards on 11 carries.

Gronk was the leading receiver for the Pats, catching 5 balls for 75 yards. Hernandez scored the TD, while Roddy White was quiet for the 2nd consecutive week.

Anthony Armstrong lead the way for the Skins, catching 4 balls for 60 yards. Jonathan Stewart caught a 42 yard screen early (on the Redskins only scoring drive), but caught only 2 balls for 2 yards the rest of the way, since the screen only worked once.

The Pats D had picks by Chung and Mayo (which he returned for 6 for the final score of the game).

--
gg new guy, and welcome to the league! You definitely had a tough first couple games, but I could tell you do plenty of things well, so I think you'll do fine. One piece of advice: Most of the better players in the league aren't going to get burned by a HB screen more than once. You could probably tell that after your first one I was ready for it the rest of the game. Just something to keep in mind.

[quote name='ubernes']Enjoy the playoffs, BV.
[/QUOTE]

I believe that's been said to me about a half dozen times this year. This is the "don't count your AFC East chickens before they hatch" season. I still need to beat Fero.

just got demolished by MasterAwesome, game through me outta whack, they dont call pass interference when routes are completely fucked by defensive players, that definitely needs work, game was tied early throw the ball to garcon open on a crossfield route, defender knocked him 10 yds off line of scrimmage, i throw a pick next play, then i downspiraled.

[quote name='ubernes']Well I'm out of it. And that's honestly all that matters to me haha.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no you're not. If you beat the Dolphins and I lose to them and we both win our other games, you'd win the division. Fero can still win it as well.

I was already in the driver's seat for the division, and now I am a bit more, but it's far from over. Though you're welcome to start tanking for a pick and take the pressure off. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']This lag is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think it's the servers. I noticed some lag in my game too, though it was only periodic.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

That play was probably the most frustrating/annoying part of the game. Sanchez was BAD. Just awful. Overthrow everything. But the passes he made, guys jumped THROUGH my own players to get to the ball. Passing isn't more difficult this year, it's just plain stupid. Another INT I almost took a picture of was his safety making a play on the ball with my TE making 0 effort to go up and get it. He was 6 inches from him, so it's not like it was overthrown. He just made no effort to catch the ball. This game just sucks sometimes.

[quote name='Doomtime']:applause:

Apparently the Giants have only punted once this season? Wow[/QUOTE]

Yep, my offense is just that impressive.

Or I signed a new punter during the free agency period, who can say.

I don't know why the defender ALWAYS gets priority on the ball. The game makes me feel like a fucking idiot with all these picks. "Why would you throw that pass??" Um, I don't know because my receiver is IN FRONT of the defender and there's literally 0 probability that the defender can do anything besides pray he knocks the ball loose on the tackle. Curl routes are suicide in this game for that reason. You pretty much need to run a streak or slant and hope your WR just outruns the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back