Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
im thinging giants vs chiefs superbowl
with a chiefs victory 7-10
both teams a killers at defense which is why im thinking low score

[quote name='bvharris']As long as uber and I get a cut of all action, I'm fine with this.

Advancing now![/QUOTE]

Well if I'm figuring the odds I want in on it too. 20, 20, 10 with the other 50 going to pay outs. Now we just need a bankroll :D

The lack of spectator mode is sorely missing. EA, especially the last few years, has really failed to think of a significant addition to make the game. I think spectator mode is a pretty obvious addition that they have somehow missed.

Cru and I are having the same connection problems that prevented us from playing during the regular season...

[quote name='BigAT']The lack of spectator mode is sorely missing. EA, especially the last few years, has really failed to think of a significant addition to make the game. I think spectator mode is a pretty obvious addition that they have somehow missed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I think after each quarter, an update should be posted. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Really would have liked a rematch with those Panthers[/QUOTE]

i tried... i guess Jon Beason and the defense was so distraught over allowing Matt Cassel to get out the pocket and throw that bomb to Bowe that it affected them throughout this season.

[quote name='BigAT']The lack of spectator mode is sorely missing. EA, especially the last few years, has really failed to think of a significant addition to make the game. I think spectator mode is a pretty obvious addition that they have somehow missed.[/QUOTE]

i would like to practice with my franchise team also

Congrats to masterawesome. 6 turnovers and I couldn't capatalize. Good luck in the Superbowl fuck

5 picks and I couldn't convert those into points. Cannot believe it.

[quote name='sprice8688']i would like to practice with my franchise team also[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Being able to practice/scrim with your online franchise team would be at the very top of my wishlist.

[quote name='Doomtime']Congrats to masterawesome. 6 turnovers and I couldn't capatalize. Good luck in the Superbowl fuck[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. You were winning all game, what the hell happened?

Succop the fuck up missed two field goals. And got burned by his TE with under a minute to go. Honestly, I had so many chances to win that game, but I just couldn't put it away. He never gave up.

Sickening loss at home. Credit to MA though, he never abandoned the pass despite 5 picks and it got him the win.

If I'd really gambled on you, I'd have a guy on his way to break your legs right now. ;)

Congrats MA! I think all the non-champions in the league are now pulling for you 100% Break up that winner's circle!

Wow, congrats to MA. I guess we're getting a new champ for Madden 12.

DRAFT DAY UPDATE
Sunday - Yes: 16 No: 3
Saturday - Yes: 6, No: 2

It's early for Saturday as I just sent out the PM, but it's going to have to match Sunday in order for me to warrant the switch. Mog can't make either so someone is going to have to help him draft unless he's going to leave it up to the CPU (not recommended).

[quote name='BigAT']Cru and I are having the same connection problems that prevented us from playing during the regular season...[/QUOTE]

How did you solve it last time?

[quote name='bvharris']How did you solve it last time?[/QUOTE]

We didn't. Cru was gracious enough to let me play a fill-in (Deuce) instead.

It's really just stupid. We've played plenty of times in the past without issue and both of us have FIOS so it's not like there should be some sort of incompatibility.

[quote name='BigAT']We didn't. Cru was gracious enough to let me play a fill-in (Deuce) instead.

It's really just stupid. We've played plenty of times in the past without issue and both of us have FIOS so it's not like there should be some sort of incompatibility.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Well obviously that's not a very palatable option this time...

You can't connect at all, or you can and then it drops?

Anyone have suggestions?

[quote name='Doomtime']I thought Cru said he was going to go to a friend's house if it didn't work? At least, that's what he told me.[/QUOTE]

Can someone confirm that?

[quote name='bvharris']Damn. Well obviously that's not a very palatable option this time...

You can't connect at all, or you can and then it drops?

Anyone have suggestions?[/QUOTE]

We can't even get to the team/playbook select screen.

[quote name='Doomtime']Well he texted that to me in case this happened.[/QUOTE]

Alright. Well, hopefully that's what's happening and they'll play shortly.

MasterAFCChampion, what does your time window look like? :D

[quote name='BigAT']We can't even get to the team/playbook select screen.[/QUOTE]

Fiddlesticks!

Has he mentioned to you about heading to a friends house?

[quote name='bvharris']Oh, on an unrelated note to everyone:

Make sure to drop ALL injury replacement players from this season before the draft.[/QUOTE]

Hold the phone... We don't just get to drop 7 players of our choice.

We can't keep FA's that were aquired through injury, even though they presumably have the worst ovr ratings at that position?

I got Hawkin 56 Ovr after Fitzy went down. He played great so I dropped 66 ovr Williams who I never played.

Not cool?

[quote name='Doomtime']Two years in a row, the AFC title game of season 2 AT home ends in a loss. They call me Lebron.[/QUOTE]

"Shut your dumb face." - Everyone in the league with 0 titles

[quote name='bvharris']"Shut your dumb face." - Everyone in the league with 0 titles[/QUOTE]

:lol: Well hopefully MA gets his e-ring. He deserves it.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Hold the phone... We don't just get to drop 7 players of our choice.

We can't keep FA's that were aquired through injury, even though they presumably have the worst ovr ratings at that position?

I got Hawkin 56 Ovr after Fitzy went down. He played great so I dropped 66 ovr Williams who I never played.

Not cool?[/QUOTE]

You're talking about two different things here.

1) Injury replacements - You need to drop the guy you added for an injury replacement, even if he played well. So no, you cannot keep guys you added for injury replacement. If you really like them, pick them up next FA period.

So in your case, you need to drop Hawkins.

2) Pre-draft drops - This is just a procedural thing so the CPU doesn't automatically drop guys pre-draft. You are able to pick all of these guys up after the draft, or not, your choice.

[quote name='ubernes']
DRAFT DAY UPDATE
Sunday - Yes: 16 No: 3
Saturday - Yes: 8, No: 2

It's early for Saturday as I just sent out the PM, but it's going to have to match Sunday in order for me to warrant the switch. Mog can't make either so someone is going to have to help him draft unless he's going to leave it up to the CPU (not recommended).[/QUOTE]

Update of the update.

What the Hey? If you sign someone in the NFL, you can keep them if the injured player comes back, they just drop someone else?

Why is it any different in this league? Do the Free-Agents go back into the draft (No?)

What about the Wes Welkers of the Madden World? Andrew Hawkins has to pump gas for the rest of his life?

[quote name='LVPatriots']What the Hey? If you sign someone in the NFL, you can keep them if the injured player comes back, they just drop someone else?[/QUOTE]

This isn't the NFL. We need to play by slightly different rules on transactions here, it is what it is. Injury replacements are for depth, if you were able to get use out of your guy, that's great, but we still need to follow the rules we have in place.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Why is it any different in this league? Do the Free-Agents go back into the draft (No?)[/QUOTE]

Because we say so. :D

No.

[quote name='LVPatriots']What about the Wes Welkers of the Madden World? Andrew Hawkins has to pump gas for the rest of his life?[/QUOTE]

If you want to pick him back up next FA period, go for it.

[quote name='Doomtime']Looks like zurezo will miss it as well.[/QUOTE]

He'd miss it either day, although maybe he can draft from the franchise site? We'll certainly keep him posted.

I actually agree with LV here (although I don't really care). I don't see the problem in dropping a better player to pick up a scrub since it was due to injury anyways. It's not like he is replacing some 50 ovr player with Ray Lewis MVP.

[quote name='Doomtime']Update from Cru. He said he is on the phone with Verizon. None of his friends with xbox 360s are home right now unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted.

What are the alternatives if he can't sort it out?

[quote name='gbpackers94']I actually agree with LV here (although I don't really care). I don't see the problem in dropping a better player to pick up a scrub since it was due to injury anyways. It's not like he is replacing some 50 ovr player with Ray Lewis MVP.[/QUOTE]

It's fine if you disagree, but I do want to make clear that it's not up for a vote.

That's the way these work, has been all year, so if we want to change that rule the time to do so will be Madden 13. We have a list of things to address before next year, we can certainly add this to it.

Wow...yeah I can't believe I won that one. I forgot about those missed field goals lol, just one of them would have won you the game. My team was the epitome of clutch...had a ton of struggles early in the game, but they all played really damn good down the stretch. I even paused the game near the end of the 4th quarter to fix some defensive assignments and Ed Reed/Ray Lewis both had green arrows with "Clutch" written on those player performance cards lol. I think my team had like 5 sacks and at least as much QB hits just in the 4th quarter alone...despite me only rushing 3 defenders on Doom's last drive.

I threw my 5th pick somewhere near the 2-minute mark in the 4th quarter I think, which put Doom right around the 50-yard line. That was followed by a fortunate holding call, a -5 yard run by Jamaal Charles, and 2 sacks lol. So it was like 4th and 45 or something...if not for that holding call I think Doom coulda driven the field enough to get a field goal and put the game out of reach. So a lot to be thankful for that game...

Jamaal Charles was unstoppable in the first half :/ But I was able to cut his average by roughly half by the end of the game (from like 12 ypc to 6 ypc) just from my team stepping up in the 2nd half. It's not like some light bulb went off and I suddenly realized what defensive play to call to stop him...I ran roughly the same plays, my d-line just started dominating all of a sudden and that let my LBs get through and make some tackles in the backfield.

I really couldn't do much of ANYTHING in the passing game...I just had to either pray for one of my fast outside receivers to outrun someone on a slant or just launch a deep pass to my speedy TE in 1 on 1 coverage on a streak and hope he catches it and not the defender. That's how I got 2 of my touchdowns....and the 3rd was a QB scramble cause the coverage was really tight as usual. It coulda definitely resulted in a fumble at the goal line...Flacco got hit a yard short but fell forward into the end zone. My very first pass of the game was user-picked by Doom on a quick pass to the slot receiver.....a very nice pick indeed, if Doom had an awareness rating..it'd be at least a 93.

The CPU-controlled Ray Lewis led the team with 6 tackles...but user-controlled McClain was right behind him with 5. I had one dropped pick with McClain but Ray Lewis was pretty unremarkable in coverage...unlike his user-controlled counterpart who led the league with 18 interceptions. Doom's longest pass completion of the game came against Ray on a deep pass to Moeaki.

I think that's about all I have to say for now...I have to count my blessings if I just won a game throwing 5 picks. No more of that in the superbowl...

[quote name='bvharris']It's fine if you disagree, but I do want to make clear that it's not up for a vote.

That's the way these work, has been all year, so if we want to change that rule the time to do so will be Madden 13. We have a list of things to address before next year, we can certainly add this to it.[/QUOTE]

Understood commish. :)

In other news, anyone see Peter King's playoff picks?

I here you BV. And you know that I am no Mutineer. But in the interest of fun.

Is anything better than picking up a random and having them play excellent? It kind of blows to have to just drop them (into the Madden Free Agent Abyss) when you have other back ups you don't want or use.

Getting a team full of players you really like is one of the best things about the league.

But I suppose it is nice to have them back in there for other team's injuries next season.

"See you later Andrew Hawkins, sorry i thought your name was Andre until last week."

[quote name='bvharris']Alright. Well, hopefully that's what's happening and they'll play shortly.

MasterAFCChampion, what does your time window look like? :D[/QUOTE]

I like the ring to that!! I'll be available from 8 p.m. EST to 9:45 p.m. EST, I'm playing my game in another league right now. Have to start my game at 9:45 at the LATEST.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Understood commish. :)

In other news, anyone see Peter King's playoff picks?[/QUOTE]

I thought when you linked that he would have picked some upsets, instead of all four favorites. I don't think the Packers-Giants game will be that close, but I basically agree with the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back