Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

Can someone contact the Panthers for me? He hasn't responded to my PM, and I really need to try and get this game in tonight.

[quote name='bvharris']Can someone contact the Panthers for me? He hasn't responded to my PM, and I really need to try and get this game in tonight.[/QUOTE]

He's out drinkin...

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'll be on at 8:30.[/QUOTE]

hey man i. sorry i was just reading thru i never did tell him 830... hes ready now thru tomm till 2pm and tomm night he gets off at 11

[quote name='bvharris']My Louisville to the Final Four pick is starting to look pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I got burned picking them last year, so I didn't this year. For that and many other reasons, my bracket is trash.

[quote name='Matt Young']I got burned picking them last year, so I didn't this year. For that and many other reasons, my bracket is trash.[/QUOTE]

My bracket has not done well, but I still have my entire Final 4 so in that sense I'm not in terrible shape.

Eagles 17 - Packers 0

The Eagles are good.

Cardinals 24 - Seahawks 21

In our annual overtime game I took it down with a long drive field goal after winning the flip.

Vick threw for 270+ with 3 INTs and Larry finally had a day, including a last minute 51 yard TD pass to head to overtime.

Cardinals scored 15 in the fourth quarter, really fun game.

Kelvin Hayden had a game winning pass deflection assist. If Plax comes down with the 3rd down catch, Staticz wins.

Looking forward to the next one Staticz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remaining Games:

Chiefs-Ravens
Bucs-49ers
Patriots-Panthers (10:30 tonight)
Steelers-Bills
Jets-Falcons
Browns-Bears (might still need a sub for Bears)
Titans-Chargers
Raiders-Broncos
Redskins-Giants

Still a lot of games left and we're still planning to advance tomorrow afternoon, let's get a move on folks!

[quote name='sprice8688']pitfall let me know a tine today[/QUOTE]

Can you PM him as well? Seems like the problem you guys had yesterday was trying to communicate solely in the thread.

This is my contact with Reds concerning our game:

sent by n8rockerasu on 3/22 at 12:56 PM CST
Hey, just wondering what your availability is so we can get this game played. I don't have a lot of time today, but I could do it between 6 PM EST and 8 PM EST. Friday, I can play any time after 5 PM EST. And Saturday, I could do anytime. Let me know. Thanks!

sent by Reds711 on 3/22 at 10:21 PM CST
I have to work all weekend. the only free time i have is 1230 am est friday or saturday. I have to work days and nights until midnight. i know that time sucks but just let me know or we can figure somethin out

Assuming his days were in accordance with his times given, "1230 am est friday" was last night...like an hour after he sent the PM. I was not available. I've been up since 6, so I'm not sure how out of it I'll be by 12:30 AM EST tonight. I guess if that's my only option, I'll play it. But I might as well just giftwrap him the win. This is why a 2 day advance schedule would never work though. People have lives, and it's hard enough finding a time that is reasonable for both people.

49ers-Bucs should be going down late tonight...

in other news, the NFC West is shaping up to be an interesting race... unfortunately for the other teams in the division, the Niners like the view from the top...

[quote name='KasterDB']I'm super excited to play as Denver in madden 13 :D[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there will be more than a few people interested in that team for next years league...

I can sub for the Redskins.

Chiefs Bounce Back With a 41-17 Win in Baltimore.

What a game from this defense. I don't know if every offensive line has gotten worse in this league, but this team is finally getting pressure after three seasons of playful jabbing at the line. It's refreshing.

Charles 18 att 219 yds 2 TDs

KC Defense 8 sacks, 5 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles

Flacco 24 of 44 317 Yds 2 TDs 5 INTs

GG MA. Finally got revenge.

[quote name='Doomtime']I can sub for the Redskins.

Chiefs Bounce Back With a 41-17 Win in Baltimore.

What a game from this defense. I don't know if every offensive line has gotten worse in this league, but this team is finally getting pressure after three seasons of playful jabbing at the line. It's refreshing.

Charles 18 att 219 yds 2 TDs

KC Defense 8 sacks, 5 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles

Flacco 24 of 44 317 Yds 2 TDs 5 INTs

GG MA. Finally got revenge.[/QUOTE]

That's fine, when are you free?

Blade, you have the right to request a more appropriate sub. I just don't want new players feeling like they need to play the elite players in the league as subs just because that's who volunteers.

You know I appreciate your enthusiasm Doom, but I think you do realize you're not really a fair sub for most teams.

I actually was going to say something about him being one of the better players but I didn't know if it mattered.

Anyone else free to sub?

[quote name='Blade3D']I actually was going to say something about him being one of the better players but I didn't know if it mattered.

Anyone else free to sub?[/QUOTE]

It definitely matters. If you're playing a sub, you should be looking to play someone with a similar record as the team you're playing against. Just yesterday I was going to sub for the Eagles and Matt Young asked that I not, which was his right as well.

I'm not saying Doom did anything wrong obviously, I just know we have a lot of new players and I want to make sure they're clear on the sub protocols.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This is probably the only time I'll see the top spot in the AFC North standings this season.[/QUOTE]

You never know. MA has a pretty brutal schedule this season (as evidenced by the past 3 weeks).

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm beatable![/QUOTE]

Everyone's beatable, that doesn't change the fact that people playing 0-4 teams shouldn't have to face subs with multiple titles. ;)

Okay, so the earliest BSHU and I could play would be like 7:15 tomorrow evening. I'm free tonight but he isn't, and I've got work 10-7 tomorrow.

Man, the past 2 of my blowouts just feels like my opponents' CBs play absolutely impeccable man coverage and meanwhile their pass rush gets to me within 3 seconds each time. That combination makes it really DARN impossible to get anything going in the passing game...every receiver seems to be completely blanketed even by stupid 70 OVR CBs! They all run stride for stride with my WRs even if I try to throw right as they make a cut or something. That's part of the reason why I have to rely so much on my TE...him against a LB is the only match-up that any of my receiving corps ever wins :( It's sad when Vonta Leach is basically my #2 target in the passing game...

But gg Doom...thanks for not running that counter (or whatever it was) to the left too many times lol, that play is so hard to stop.....I think you ran it 3 times, first time went for an 80 yard TD, 2nd time for like a 50+ yard run, 3rd time Ed Reed came in at the end to stop him for an 8 yard gain which otherwise probably woulda went for a TD.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Man, the past 2 of my blowouts just feels like my opponents' CBs play absolutely impeccable man coverage and meanwhile their pass rush gets to me within 3 seconds each time. That combination makes it really DARN impossible to get anything going in the passing game...every receiver seems to be completely blanketed even by stupid 70 OVR CBs! They all run stride for stride with my WRs even if I try to throw right as they make a cut or something. That's part of the reason why I have to rely so much on my TE...him against a LB is the only match-up that any of my receiving corps ever wins :( It's sad when Vonta Leach is basically my #2 target in the passing game...

But gg Doom...thanks for not running that counter (or whatever it was) to the left too many times lol, that play is so hard to stop.....I think you ran it 3 times, first time went for an 80 yard TD, 2nd time for like a 50+ yard run, 3rd time Ed Reed came in at the end to stop him for an 8 yard gain which otherwise probably woulda went for a TD.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll feel better after this next game.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Man, the past 2 of my blowouts just feels like my opponents' CBs play absolutely impeccable man coverage and meanwhile their pass rush gets to me within 3 seconds each time. That combination makes it really DARN impossible to get anything going in the passing game...every receiver seems to be completely blanketed even by stupid 70 OVR CBs! They all run stride for stride with my WRs even if I try to throw right as they make a cut or something. That's part of the reason why I have to rely so much on my TE...him against a LB is the only match-up that any of my receiving corps ever wins :( It's sad when Vonta Leach is basically my #2 target in the passing game...

But gg Doom...thanks for not running that counter (or whatever it was) to the left too many times lol, that play is so hard to stop.....I think you ran it 3 times, first time went for an 80 yard TD, 2nd time for like a 50+ yard run, 3rd time Ed Reed came in at the end to stop him for an 8 yard gain which otherwise probably woulda went for a TD.[/QUOTE]

im not at all a good run defender but if ur computer backers and dends are good enough if u can force the play inside or at least slow him up that works best for me... they usually make the tackles...

No update from the Bears, guess its looking like them or a sub early tomorrow. Whenever the decision is made just let me know and I'll be ready to play as best I can.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']No update from the Bears, guess its looking like them or a sub early tomorrow. Whenever the decision is made just let me know and I'll be ready to play as best I can.[/QUOTE]

ill call him for u i think he heads home from atlantic city tonight

[quote name='sprice8688']ill call him for u i think he heads home from atlantic city tonight[/QUOTE]

hell be back tomm he said he can play round 3 or 4 east

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']That works for me if it isn't past the deadline. Though I have to leave around 6 so I can't start much later than that.[/QUOTE]

if he aint on by 330 pm me and ill call him and at worst play a sub... he toldme 330 4 so i dont think ull have a problam hes pretty reliable... he had a tougg loss last week and we compete pretty heavilly in our devision so i know he wants to play it so if he loses its on him u know...

[quote name='Yanksrule123']Didnt mean to dive[/QUOTE]

No worries, I understand it's instinct sometimes. I appreciate that you realized it and didn't do it again.

New England Patriots 45 - Carolina Panthers 17

The Patriots traveled to rainy Carolina looking to move to 5-0 on the season against a scrappy Panthers squad. The Panthers put up a good fight, but ultimately the relentless pressure of the Patriots offense proved too much.

The Pats got off to a hot start after Darius Holmes returned the opening kickoff to the 50 and Cobie Ross took it the rest of the way on his first carry. After forcing a punt, the Patriots drove down the field again and Ross once again capped things off with a 9-yard carry. The Panthers weren't giving up without a fight though, and Akeem Tate ran for a 66 yard TD on a great draw on the ensuing drive to narrow the Pats' lead to 14-7 after one quarter.

The Patriots started to take over in the second, with a 30-yard run by Green-Ellis and a 2-yard pass from McCoy to Julius Thomas giving the Pats a big lead before a nice last-second drive followed by a Mare FG made the halftime score 28-10 Patriots.

The Panthers struck quickly in the third with McKoy scoring on an 80 yard run on the 2nd play from scrimmage. The Pats answered back with McCoy found Demaryius Thomas on a WR screen which he weaved 38 yards to the house.

In the fourth the Patriots added an 18-yard FG by Gostkowski and a 36 yard run by Green-Ellis, who got most of the second-half work. Terrance Carswell also picked up several key sacks late to stall drives.

Colt McCoy was on target all day, going 10 of 13 for 192 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

Cam Newton was 8 of 14 for 149 yards, 0 TDs and 0 INTs.

The Patriots backfield went with a 2-headed look in this one and both backs were on fire: Ross carried 17 times for 144 yards and 2 TDs while Green-Ellis carried 8 times for 114 yards and 2 TDs of his own.

Rookie Algeron McKoy carried 9 times for 93 yards and a TD, though most of that came on his 80-yard score. Akeem Tate took his 1 carry 66 yards to the house.

Gronk was the leading pass catcher for the Pats with 4 catches for 72 yards, Demaryius Thomas added 3 for 64 and a score. Julius Thomas had the other TD.

Olsen (4 catches for 86) and LaFell (4 catches for 63) were the only Panthers to record a catch.

No turnovers in this one, but rookie MLB Terrance Carswell continues to be a dominant force, recording 3 sacks in this one. The Panthers sacked McCoy once.

---
gg yanksrule! I definitely came into this one looking to run, run, run and the rain only increased my desire to do so. You had a nice couple runs, though as usual I'd rather be gashed for the big ones than give up a bunch of 10 yarders.

49ers get a solid win at home against the Buccaneers. Paired with the Seattle loss in Arizona, the Niners sit atop the NFC West with a 4-1 record, going into a bye week

bread's done
Back